Florida, Florida, Florida

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Driving the party bus searching for CoffeeHorse and my generic voiced GPS just switched to Samuel L Jackson and started cursing at me. I feel I'm close.

Paladin

Citizen

another reminder of how much projection there is behind mockery of "triggering" and "safe spaces."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
GoFundMe took down the so-called Freedom Convoy's page on Friday, saying it violated its terms of service. It said donors had two weeks to request a refund, then remaining funds would be disbursed to "credible and established charities."

The trucker convoy has been defunded. It's ove-

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said on Saturday it was fraud for GoFundMe to "commandeer" $10 million in donations sent to support the 'Freedom Convoy' in Ottawa and that he will investigate what he called "deceptive practices" by the website.

What?

Either DeSantis is just annoyed that conservative media stopped talking about him for a week, and/or he has reason to believe Florida Man is a significant donor.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
He's no lunactic. He's a monster, for true, but he's acting entirely too smart for delusion to have lasted him this long.

He needs to stand up for those freedom convoy fuckwits, because republicans as a whole need an ignorant, arrogant, sociopathic base that is willing to openly defy "the others" policies and practises. If only so that they can scream shit like "fraud" and "stolen" and "cancel culture" to distract from the fact that they are the ones openly stealing, lying and banning ******* books.

Ironbite4

Citizen
I really want to know where DeSantis thinks he's got the authority to investigate GoFundMe. They're headquartered in California, no where near Florida.

Ironbite-ahh well, just setting himself up for 2024.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
When has not having the authority to do something ever stopped the GOP from doing it anyway? It's not like anyone regularly calls them on their bullshit.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It's the republican playbook: he only has to LOOK like he's working, and his ignorant and rabid base will eat it up.

Thankfully, there's ever fewer of them around, what with all the dying from preventable disease and piss drinking.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
beau of the fifth column put it best when he brought up how there's gonna be some surprise victories for dems in what should otherwise be toss-up or even leaning GOP seats. because so many republican voters are dying because they think masks/vaccines are the work of the Devil.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
How much you wanna bet they're mostly dying in solid-red areas and it's not actually going to affect the elections at all.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
And even the number of deaths wouldn't offset the sheer volume of outright cheating their doing anyway. The next election will be lost because it was stolen, not because of number of voters.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
And even if not, they'll still fight it the entire time and rile up the base into more just-short-of-violence "protests".

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't even know how to predict 2022 midterms. If they were held today we'd lose 50 seats in the House. But the looming strikedown of Roe v Wade makes everything cray cray. There should be a good 5 months for a wave against it to materialize. Whether Biden and the Democrats can maintain that and outvote people pleased with coathangers being back in play remains to be seen.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
How much you wanna bet they're mostly dying in solid-red areas and it's not actually going to affect the elections at all.
Not sure about that. The solid red areas will likely stay solid red, but those purple zones could turn more blue with increased red die off. My only concern is even in those areas, the blue team is dying too as a result of the red team's method of offing themselves, just not in quite as large numbers.

Time will tell if the gerrymandering and rollback of voting rights are enough to offset the reduction of the GOP's voter base in those areas.

Top Bottom