Final Fantasy

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
At level 60, there are a few optional things you can unlock.

First: Wondrous Tails. (No, that's not a typo.) In Idyllshire, speak with Khloe Aliapoh, a young Miqo'te. She hands out a journal of challenges you can complete. There are 16 per journal, but you only have to complete 9. Each one puts a random sticker in the journal; completing all 9 gets a chunk of experience and a reward, with bonus rewards for each complete line they make. You can only carry one journal at a time, it's good for up to two weeks, and the timer resets on Tuesdays. The quest explains it better than I can.

Next: Alexander. Speak to Slowfix in Idyllshire to get the first quest. Alexander is a normal raid series, consisting of three sets of four trials apiece, for a total of twelve. Aside from fun fights, it's also a good source of tomestones of poetics, used to buy endgame gear in all but the latest expansion. It'll also unlock the Normal Raid daily roulette in the Duty Finder window.

Third: The Shadows of Mhach, a set of alliance raids (24-player dungeons, like the Crystal Tower raids back at level 50). You'll have to have unlocked flying in the Sea of Clouds to access this. Speak to the Unquiet Trader in Ishgard near the airship docks to start it.

Fourth: The Warring Triad. Speak to Torsefers in the Pillars in Ishgard. Unlocks a side story containing three trials against, well, the Warring Triad. If you just hit 60, you might have to progress a bit further into the main story to access this one, you might not have met a couple of the characters involved yet.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Thanks for the tips. I'm sure there's going to be a lot for me to decide in the next few days starting a new expansion. I'll give it some thought.

Dvandom

Citizen
A note on the Alexander runs: they drop a lot of springs and gears and stuff you trade to a vendor in Idyllshire for armor an jewelry. You will very quickly outgrow the quality of that gear, but an important point is that it can be turned in for company scrip with your Grand Company (assuming you've gotten high enough rank to do special provisioning). Of course, other than Materiel blindboxes, you'll run out of stuff to spend that on too, but don't just throw away Alexander bits just because you have no use for the gear offered.

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
Thanks to Theatrhythm I've had "Who Brings Shadow" in constant rotation in my playlist. I can't wait to get to it.

Caldwin

Citizen
4A157E86-D9DA-4877-98ED-950CD2ED2153.jpeg

So...yeah...this is the original concept for the chocobo. Not sure how things would've been different if this had stuck as graphics improved.

😵

Caldwin

Citizen
I found the aesthetician in XIV last night. I made immediate use of his services.

BEFORE
71EA8545-6A8F-482D-9306-B8A2783BF69E.jpeg

AFTER
3069613E-2C68-44E4-81DB-6219803FC388.jpeg

Thoughts/opinions?

Caldwin

Citizen
*sigh*

Sure, just throw the two eyes of Nidhogg over the bridge. There's no possible way they will ever be retrieved that way.

*sigh*

Listen here, you! This makes twice now I've had to kill this hugger, and if I know Final Fantasy even a fraction as well as I think I do, you just guaranteed that there's going to be a third. Next time, just destroy the fool things, will ya?

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
So, you found, the aesthetician, but have you found the /gpose command? Lets you play around with the camera and take fancy shots. You can also play emotes and stuff to find cool poses.

Epuge1oXIActD6k.jpg

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm guessing I just type that into the chat box? I'm going to have to try that.

Dvandom

Citizen
Eorzea is full of "bottomless" crevasses like that. And not all of them are actually as bottomless as people assume. (To be fair, some of them are the result of Allagan superweapon oopses, and the bottoms are assumed to be full of curdled reality or something.)

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
Final Fantasy III
Played on DS, iPad
Rating - A+

This is the first mainline (not a demo or side game) Final Fantasy game I ever played. It played a lot like a Dragon Quest game, which to me was just fine. I ran into a brick wall on the DS and sold it. I later restarted and finished it on the iPad. I really wish I still had my DS version. It was fun

I got this on Ebay.

CC6E1AB0-C37C-4C59-9765-C827D2CFA464.jpeg

Came with the instruction book and everything! I don't know how much I'll play it since I have a finished game save file on iPad and I'm also playing XIV obsessively with XII on the back burner. But it's nice to have it in my collection again.

Caldwin

Citizen
So I tried that /gpose

DC0A94BA-A1DB-4520-B46A-4E87A880820D.jpeg

Nice and all, but I can't figure how you managed to do everything you did with your pic.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Yeah, it probably wasn't the fairest demonstration of the feature. It was taken using explorer mode in a level 80 dungeon. In the Duty Finder menu, click the settings icon on the top left of the window, then select Explorer Mode, you can enter a cleared instance of any four-player dungeon you've already completed, which also lets you set down a targeting dummy to use combat actions on (in my shot, that's from the Summoner level 3 limit break). Gpose will loop the last animation you played before entering it (you can dismiss the dummy first to get it out of the way). You can also pause the animation and play with the camera and lighting settings to get specific shots and poses. I just liked that shot.

Dvandom

Citizen
FWIW, if anyone's interested in friending, I've got characters on Excalibur (main server, got a free company I can invite to) and Hyperion (made one during my free trial days, spent the last couple weeks bringing her up to something useful).

Excalibur: Kat Anderes (original main, L90 in a lot of jobs), Searing Khamsin (more active now, 70-80 in combat classes and 90 in all crafting and gathering), Eana Eanasir (kinda set aside for now, a few jobs around 60).
Hyperion: Gogori Gori (Paladin 55, not gonna try to go generalist).

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
My character plate is up there...though I do need to update that. That's two uniforms ago and I'm now lvl. 64. It's also been a while since I've been a bard, so I really need to get rid of those music notes.

But I'm on Faerie.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
xrrtzRb.jpg

Slightly out of date, I've been slowly leveling my crafting jobs. And also changed hair since then. I also have a few alts, the main one I've been playing lately is Etherea Mol, also on Cactuar.

Top Bottom