Final Fantasy

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Oh...Doof Warrior! I like that. It goes with being a bard and a machinist.

wentwood

Citizen
I'm playing Final Fantasy XII mainly. I had just cleared the booby trapped mountain pass. I also am trying to train up my abilities so I can unlock everything. I have a 46 physically but I need to knock that up huge before the next boss fight.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm playing XII Zodiac Age and XIV with a little Theatrhythm here and there. It kinda fluctuates between which one I play more heavily.

As far as XIV goes, I like my new machinist friend...

6D1FE79C-EF49-453D-AF66-70C8755A9EEC.jpeg

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm 90 on all combat jobs. Not great at all of them, though. Still can't quite wrap my head around scholar.

Machinist, red mage, and reaper are my main go-to jobs, sometimes dark knight when I feel like taking the lead.

Caldwin

Citizen
I've almost finished Final Fantasy X with the final trial coming up.

Original PS2 or HD version?

I'm 90 on all combat jobs. Not great at all of them, though. Still can't quite wrap my head around scholar.

Machinist, red mage, and reaper are my main go-to jobs, sometimes dark knight when I feel like taking the lead.

I'm 55 on Bard and 36 on Machinist

. I think I like Machinst more. Bard I was mostly just pressing random buttons when attacks finished cooling down. And maybe that's just because I've forgotten (or never knew) a more efficient way to do it. But here even at the very beginning of the Machinist path, it's very intuitive how I should be battling and how one attack leads into another.

------

Also, when I think "Moogle" I think about:

A.
439675C4-8881-4DD2-9CB8-302AB8CEB074.jpeg

B.
AB9059F7-753F-4906-915E-4A071B65C118.jpeg

Personally, I think A, but I would love to see more of B.

Last edited:

Dvandom

Citizen
Yeah, Moogles get redesigned for every FF game, sometimes (as in XII) radically. Some of the Moogle characters (by name) from XII show up in XIV, but they aren't rabbitfolk, they're regular FFXIV puffball cat-bats, although they do have the correct pom colors for their XII characters. (There's also some cute little bunnyfolk similar to the FFXII Moogles, but without wings...they show up in Endwalker.)

---Dave

wentwood

Citizen
I'm about to hunt down the Dark Crystals in NES Final Fantasy III. I've been playing the 3D remake on my I Pad. That means I need to play SNES Final Fantasy IV and V next on I Pad soon.

For FF III I managed to data save my game. Now to level up and finish it. On FF III I have a 63 with Geomancer and double bell attacks.

I finished SNES Final Fantasy VI on PS1 years ago. Also NES Final Fantasy I and II on PS 1.

Caldwin

Citizen
I beat Final Fantasy III on iPad. I wanted to reach lvl 99 but eventually needed to free up space. I wish there was a way to expand storage on iPad.

Caldwin

Citizen
58C112DF-64AD-4708-97EA-34A8CF0D7743.jpeg

Is it just me or do some of these conversations get a bit meta?

In any case, I found Moghome before calling it a night if that tells you XIV players anything.

Dvandom

Citizen
Yep. It tells us you can look forward to some fairly annoying missions from lazy layabouts, but great scenery (especially once you unlock flying). You'll eventually be able to do crafting class Tribe Quests to help rebuild part of the ruins, during which you will get to play pranks on moogles and threaten to pop their poms. (And by the time you get to that point, you will probably want to pop some poms.)

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
Hmm, it was a fun boss fight. So...maybe, especially if I need to farm EXP. I'm just glad I finally got to him. You know how many times I died just trying to get through that hugging camp? I sure as hug don't!

And I was actually surprised when I saw him. It was totally like...wait a minute. Isn't that...? Is that? IT IS! I'm about to beat up TMM's avatar!

Good times.

Dvandom

Citizen
Then get to 80 so you can solo Extreme unsynched in two minutes or less for Khloe's storytime.

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
I just finished Heavensward. Credits are still going. I think I honestly like XIV more now than I did before my hiatus...and actually even understand some of the workings better.

Top Bottom