Final Fantasy

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I just realized no one brought this thread back yet. I may do a ranking later. I hate doing long posts on the iPad thoug.

For now I'm just going to say my top favs are XV, VII, IX and XIV. The order changes as often as I'm asked.

I'm trying to get back into XIV. I signed in a few days ago and realized I had no idea how to do anything. I'm wanting to get back into (between doing my 13th play through of Mass Effect and Pokemon Legends Arceus).

Well, mostly just wanted to get this topic started.

XV is a great game. Come at me!

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
6 and 7 remain my faves. Also like 4, 5, and 9. 14 I don't play myself but I do enjoy it by proxy since I watch TMM play it a lot. Tried Tactics, 10 and 12, couldn't get into them.
I also played some storybook type game (on DS, maybe?) and the totally-not-Pokemon one, those were cute.

Dvandom

Citizen
I've only played XIV, been playing a little over a year now on the Excalibur server. I did play through the event crossover with XV, though.

I finished Endwalker story quest content (but still have some side missions left for when I get another job up to the high 80s) on my main character over break, now mostly leveling up Warrior. https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/30767471/

Recently started an alt to play with my regular Sunday night group, so I wouldn't be too far ahead of them in things and would be able to take all the missions they did: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/40713277/

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm on Faerie. I have a Viera named Neera Iryut. Like I said in another thread, throw vowels and consonants together until you have something remotely pronounceable and you have your name.

I may get more into it once I'm done with my current playthrough of the Mass Effect Trilogy. I do want to get back into my character. I miss my archer Viera.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
IV really clicked with me when I first played it, and it remains my favorite to this day. I is still fun for a quick playthrough in any of the remakes that uncrippled the whole battle system. I lost countless hours in XI, and would still like to return to it eventually to wrap up some of the quests I never got to finish. And I really enjoyed VIII a lot, aside from the Draw mechanic. All the rest up through X were enjoyable as well, to varying degrees. II and VII are probably my least favorite games in the series.

Sadly, I haven't kept up with the series in recent years. When XII came out, I was still thoroughly engrossed in XI, and never took the time out to play it. That became the trend, as all subsequent games got placed into my queue, but rarely made it to the top. I did eventually play XIII and enjoyed it well enough, and I tried out XIV when it first came out (first release, not ARR), but I still haven't gotten around to playing XII, XIII's sequels, XIV post-ARR, or XV. Some day...

Cradok

Citizen
Has anyone played the new remasters of I-VI? How do they compare to the originals or the mobile/DS remakes?

Caldwin

Citizen
New masters? I played the first one on the PSP and the third/and a ilbit of the 4th, on... I forget if it was Advance or DS. I didn't know there were remasters newer than that.

Cradok

Citizen
Yeah, the new Pixel Remasters, the first six games with redone pixel graphics.

Caldwin

Citizen
Oh, Steam, Apple Store and Amazon apps...meh! I already have alt ways of playing, so I think I'll pass.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Waiting for a Switch port before touching these. But they look like faithful ports of their original versions for the most part. Choice of crappy font tends to be an issue for most people.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
From watching TMM play FFXIV, I love the Shadowbringers arc. My absolute fave is the Hildibrand side quests. If you haven't played that, you simply must. Also we got the cookbook that features recipes that look like game food. Pretty damn good stuff in there, if you don't mind putting in the work.

Dvandom

Citizen
I'm in a decent Free Company on Excalibur in FFXIV, they're friendly and while they do a lot of endgame raiding they don't make it their entire focus. Message me if you'd like an invite (new players can't join Free Companies until they've gotten to a certain point in the main story quest, and free trial players can't join one at all).

Oh, and the free trial is pretty expansive for a game that hasn't gone freemium. There's a lot of limits, but most of them are team/social things (can't join guilds, can't form parties but can join them, can't trade items or use the market). You can play up to L60 and finish the first expansion (Heavensward) on free trial.

---Dave

Kup

Citizen
My wife and I had the opportunity to attend the FF7 Remake Orchestra World Tour in Chicago last night. I’m still in this daze in that I got to relive my teenage years, this time “remastered” alongside the woman I love most. It was an incredible experience and something I’m so thankful we got to share together. Made a mini vacation out of it too. Such a great time!
FA94F885-AA9B-4F49-8CAB-678B9C7BED6E.jpeg
BBE8BD4C-7CFA-41E2-8AB8-B6202D0E1E6F.jpeg
4734460A-3E46-40F3-879B-ADE15E8874EB.jpeg
07075B58-4ECE-41B3-A3B4-81EE2388C9C5.jpeg
DA9CAE72-EBAF-4A94-9262-D1F786BED217.jpeg
F6687A71-800D-4EE2-9547-BA89978A4559.jpeg
C057E8A8-AE49-412B-9DC9-80D665C853AB.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
So...odd thing. I have the PS4 version of VII Remake. Now that I got the PS5 last night, I wanted to get the Interlude upgrade so I could play Yuffie's part.

Here's the thing. It won't let me buy the Interlude because I don't have the PS5 version. Fine, I'll double dip and get the PS5 version. But no, it won't let me buy the PS5 version because I already have the PS4 version.

Uh...any hints, tips or suggestions?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I thought Intergrade was supposed to be free if you had the PS4 version. I would Google for a fix and test it out, but... no PS5. XD

Xellos

Citizen
FF7R should have a free upgrade to PS5 if you have it on PS4. If it is the disk, I believe you put it in, then go to the store page, hit the dots on the side for more info, and there should be an option for downloading the PS5 version (something like that at least). The digital version, I believe you have to check that yourself and download the PS5 version. Either way, it is a free upgrade.

Now this is the base version, so you still have to buy the Intergrade DLC, but it is cheaper than buying the whole game again.

Caldwin

Citizen
I just want you to know, I can only like a comment once, but I'm inwardly pinching that thing like crazy. Thank you so much!

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
TMM showed this to me. Try not to die when you look at it.

That price... just trying to wrap my head around it. Are there that many FF6 fans rich enough to afford this? Even if I was a millionaire, I couldn't justify the cost. Kinda want to see a cost breakdown - materials plus painting time and everything. Cuz.... yeah.

Top Bottom