Final Fantasy

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I can do cross over raids? I'd have thought those would have been limited time things I already missed.

Like the title says, major spoilers. But as I always say, you can find this scene uploaded multiple places on Youtube. But this one's different. This one is MY WoL.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Most of them are limited. The Nier and Monster Hunter crossovers are permanent. The GARO PVP event was temporary (well, it ran for about two and a half years, but it did end), then was brought back with no current end date known.

Dvandom

Citizen
Welp, took us two hours but we failed to do Mt. Gulg together. I kept ending up alone after instakill mechanics took out the others, and while I was able to solo the cube, Forgiven Obscenity just did too much unavoidable damage on top of the avoidable stuff for me to solo her. So we split up, two did it with Duty Support and the other two with Duty Finder.

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen

This is why I love FF XIV. The Scions are such a family.

Caldwin

Citizen
Even my WoL had white hair being a Viera. I've since tinted it a light blue, but still.

Huh! At least there's G'raha.

Dvandom

Citizen
1684251901998.png

Gotta love the Thaumaturgy Guild's attitude.

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
Unfortunately, by the time I'm healed and at home with my PS5, I'll already have the full game plus Street Fighter 6 on my backlog.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'll have it day one, but I'll be mostly looking at the case and watching Youtube videos. But I tend not to trust demos too much. There've just been too many games where I absolutely hated the demo but tried the full game later after it had been discounted and absolutely loved it. Of course, it's worked the other way too.

What I'm really looking forward to is getting back to XIV. I just hope I don't have to relearn it again. I really want to see the heroes get back home.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Well the Demo is literally a first chunk of the game. So there is that.

I just.. could not get into it. The style of story telling, and the tropes they were using were NOT some of the ones I like.

I did not like the pointless beginning to set up "Intrigue" and then a flashing back. I get it.. they wanted to show off Shiva and Titan, but still, the whole first opening felt pointless to me. Then Joshua.. I don't know.. I'm just tired his his archtype in general.

Caldwin

Citizen
I went ahead and downloaded it via the PlayStation app. Don't know why, but I did.

wentwood

Citizen
Final chapter of Final Fantasy XII.

I knocked up my gear but will need to get majorly leveled up before finishing the game.

Final Fantasy IX

On Disk 2.

I own the game so will be sure to level up to an 18 before finishing Disk 1 on PS 2.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well the Demo is literally a first chunk of the game. So there is that.

I just.. could not get into it. The style of story telling, and the tropes they were using were NOT some of the ones I like.

I did not like the pointless beginning to set up "Intrigue" and then a flashing back. I get it.. they wanted to show off Shiva and Titan, but still, the whole first opening felt pointless to me. Then Joshua.. I don't know.. I'm just tired his his archtype in general.
Well, I would put this in spoilers, but for one thing, it's within the first hour of the tutorial to the demo. For another thing, it's so far been very cliche "winter is coming" type stuff, so really nothing to spoil.

I only got so far as the end of the sparring (movement tutoria) when the king told his son "war is coming. Meet me in the throne room." I figured there was a good breaking point.

Right at first with the Phoenix and Ifrit, I'm honestly surprised (in a disappointed way) that they went with the Gandalf vs. Balrog route. It just seems like an old reference to make at this point.

It also irks me when games formerly of an E-T rating try too hard when they go for an M. "Hey, look at the blood on that ax! Did you see those horrible deaths? And yes, that was the main character that just gave a string of F-bombs in quick succession. WE'RE 'M' RATED!!!!

Being the beginning of the game, there was also an imbalance between cinematics and act gameplay. But that's normal for many games and will hopefully settle down when it gets into the main game.

Here's the thing though. Overall, it looks like it can be a fun action game. But aside from obligatory appearances from some summons and a chocobo or two, so far it's done very little to sep itself from other action games as a Final Fantasy game. Hopefully they do something about this in the full game. But if Final Fantasy is going to move on from its roots and truly go the route of just another action game, they better have thought it through so they don't become just another action game.

Top Bottom