Favourte Gimmicks?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Playsets and/or vehicles. Granted, they mostly only work for small-scale figures (Core and smaller), but building a world for the Transformers to live in beyond just the Titan figures is kind of fun. (Much like the Target/Battlemasters, I would prefer transforming vehicles and playsets)

On a tangential note, some day, I want to see Optimus' trailer transform into some kind of robotic steed for him to ride.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Another one that no one's mentioned yet: Multi-changers like sixchangers and ten-changers.

Sure, it means that every altmode must be alien and abstract, resembling no Earth vehicle/beast and needing to instead be considered "Cybertronian", but figures like Sixshot and Gigatron are still very fun to play with.

The latter even has so much potential for many more altmode possibilities:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Name aside, the Breastforce gimmick (armor/animal/weapon partners) is a good one that's rarely been revisited.

All the Breastforce partners turn into animals, right? I've said it before, but leave out the 'r' and you have the similar-sounding Beastforce without losing much. It would even kind of synergize with Dinoforce.

Top Bottom