Fan First Friday 2/4/2022 11am EST

Kaon

Don't forget that today is the first Fan First Friday of the year! Hasbro will be hosting it on the Hasbro Pulse YouTube Channel! We will also be hosting a VC for it on our Transformers Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/a73HX3pBCd

Fan First Friday.jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not too much that hadn't been leaked before. Sludge was the big reveal of the day, and he definitely looked good to me. Still love that Junkyard and that Spike.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Junkyard, Spike, Sludge and vintage BW Tigatron looked really good. Nothing particularly earth shattering today, but it was nice to hear from the team and see some of the upcoming releases.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The only things that taken my interst are: Sludge, Spike & Junkyard, the rest hasn't given me the that wow factor and from the looks of it, wave 2 of legacy, is just minor retools of Kingdom figures with new paint jobs, so far, legacy is shaping to be a bit of a disapointing line for the most part, thou I would of thought they would take the time to reveal the next voyager figures in legacy but clearly not, so, I guess I'll be saving money this year

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Majority being store exclusives is kinda sad, but that said none are must haves either. Sludge is the best reveal of the day and I don’t even plan on picking him up.

And being exclusives I really don’t see these as wave 2 of the main Legacy line. It’s basically a repaint wave to fill the exclusive hole left by the Netflix waves of the last few years.

Blot

Citizen
Sludge is the only real bit of news so naturally he's practically a blink-and-you-miss-it part of the whole thing.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
And being exclusives I really don’t see these as wave 2 of the main Legacy line. It’s basically a repaint wave to fill the exclusive hole left by the Netflix waves of the last few years.
This is exactly my thinking. And honestly, these are better than many of the Netflix repaints simply by avoiding being redundant.

I'm only interested in Buzzsaw, however. Cheetor and Scorponok are the worst Kingdom molds, so I'll be picky with them.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, NOW I absolutely have to get a Slug. Right when there are none nearby.

Arazyr

Citizen
Buzzsaw is a definite get for me. Nightprowler, probably, if I have the budget. Sandstorm... Never had a (BW) Scorponok (neither original, nor Kingdom) so far, so iffy. (I'd probably feel like I need K Scorpy, if I get it, and, well, budget...)

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’m definitely thinking about Buzzsaw. I have the Armada Cyclonus retool of him and my kids love playing with it.
Other than that, Sludge was the only thing that was really interesting. Seems like with Toy shows canceled now would have been a good time to show off a Menasor, or at least the other combiner limbs. Very disappointing show.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If they wanted to be nice about it, they really ought to show Menasor before selling us Dragstrip.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The GI Joe team remarked that there would be a late February event for GI Joe 40th Anniversary stuff. My suspicion is that Hasbro has a major showing for later in the month for what would have been Toy Fair.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
The GI Joe team remarked that there would be a late February event for GI Joe 40th Anniversary stuff. My suspicion is that Hasbro has a major showing for later in the month for what would have been Toy Fair.
Let’s hope. As cool as it is to hear a little behind the scenes in development, when you show things that are already on the shelf it’s not much of a reveal.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I had held off on Leader Grimlock and Slug because I wasn't convinced we were going to get all five Leader Dinobots, but now I'm thinking we actually might?

Though it is possible they're doing the "first three" that were introduced in the cartoon, and Snarl and Swoop didn't come until a bit later...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I had held off on Leader Grimlock and Slug because I wasn't convinced we were going to get all five Leader Dinobots, but now I'm thinking we actually might?

Though it is possible they're doing the "first three" that were introduced in the cartoon, and Snarl and Swoop didn't come until a bit later...

It going to depend upon what they want to put in the leader slots as the 86 line is apart of Studio series and they seem determined to do pretty much every bayverse character, then again they might decide to put Snarl into the buzzworth line as he hardly appeared in the 86 film!

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Swoop was always a bit smaller than the others, and he's up there with Grimlock in terms of popularity and had a few lines in the movie, so I'd be amazed if he doesn't get at least a Voyager figure before too long. Snarl was always the only one at all in question in my mind, and I can't imagine they would make four out of five of one of the most popular subgroups in the franchise and not go ahead with the fifth one. Even if he was only barely in the movie.

Top Bottom