Fan First Friday 2/4/2022 11am EST

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Swoop shouldn't honestly be all that much smaller than the others. His wings and missiles should make up for being a bit shorter.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Swoop shouldn't honestly be all that much smaller than the others. His wings and missiles should make up for being a bit shorter.

Yeah, I think Voyager would be too small for him, I wouldn't want him more than a head shorter than the others.

As others have said, toss in a Dinobots weapons pack with swords, missile launchers, etc. if you need to add mass to make him a full leader.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
It's not that Swoop is super short or anything. The scale chart shows him being just a head shorter than the other Dinobots, about the same height as Optimus. A bit taller even, if you count his head crest. But it's that he's both a bit shorter and substantially less bulky than all the other Dinobots. And within that comparison against the other Dinobots, they all have some sort of "wings" in robot mode, so it's not like they really make up for any difference in height or bulk. Additionally, he's got a pretty simple transformation scheme, so the engineering isn't likely to be too complicated. So I can definitely see how he can be made to work as a good figure in scale with everyone else within the Voyager class.

Having said that, I did say I'd be amazed if he didn't get AT LEAST a Voyager class figure. There are definitely ways they could bump him up to a Leader class figure if that's what they really want to do. Multiple wing joints for starters would let him get some more dynamic poses. Maybe some engineering wizardry to turn his two legs into one solid, relatively flat backpack in dino mode. And I would love to see them use the weapon pack idea to get the full armament released for the whole team.

Regardless, I'm confident he'll be coming sooner rather than later, and I'm really looking forward to a new version of my favorite Dinobot, even if he is going to have a cartoon-colored blue chest. And I'm pretty confident Snarl won't be too awfully far behind him.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
For some reason, I can see at some point Hasbro trying to milk the 86 Dinobot molds by:
1. Doing their Diaclone colour schemes
2. G2 colours

Shadhausen

Citizen
For some reason, I can see at some point Hasbro trying to milk the 86 Dinobot molds by:
1. Doing their Diaclone colour schemes
2. G2 colours

Maybe if they weren't leader class. Hasbro generally doesn't do a lot of leader class repaints and repainting 5 leader class would take up a lot of spots and a lot of time.

SteveMegatron

Citizen
Not surprised that most of the reveals were already leaked and seen pictures of them. Wish we saw some things to come that people don't have the figures for.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe if they weren't leader class. Hasbro generally doesn't do a lot of leader class repaints and repainting 5 leader class would take up a lot of spots and a lot of time.
Neither even happened with POTP, which would've been cheaper to reuse. But then, G2 combiner box sets died before they were even released.

Of course, G2 redos of these wouldn't be unwelcome if and when.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
It's not that Swoop is super short or anything. The scale chart shows him being just a head shorter than the other Dinobots, about the same height as Optimus. A bit taller even, if you count his head crest. But it's that he's both a bit shorter and substantially less bulky than all the other Dinobots. And within that comparison against the other Dinobots, they all have some sort of "wings" in robot mode, so it's not like they really make up for any difference in height or bulk. Additionally, he's got a pretty simple transformation scheme, so the engineering isn't likely to be too complicated. So I can definitely see how he can be made to work as a good figure in scale with everyone else within the Voyager class.

Having said that, I did say I'd be amazed if he didn't get AT LEAST a Voyager class figure. There are definitely ways they could bump him up to a Leader class figure if that's what they really want to do. Multiple wing joints for starters would let him get some more dynamic poses. Maybe some engineering wizardry to turn his two legs into one solid, relatively flat backpack in dino mode. And I would love to see them use the weapon pack idea to get the full armament released for the whole team.

Regardless, I'm confident he'll be coming sooner rather than later, and I'm really looking forward to a new version of my favorite Dinobot, even if he is going to have a cartoon-colored blue chest. And I'm pretty confident Snarl won't be too awfully far behind him.

A Voyager Swoop that's the size of Kingdom Cyclonus will fit on my shelves just fine.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I think the most likely accessory for Swoop would be a flight stand. I don't know how much that would add to the costs or what price range that might bump him up to, though.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It would never happen, but if Swoop were to have a small figure accessory like with Grimlock and Slug, I'd want Swoop's to be Professor Morris.

Top Bottom