Ezra Miller is somehow The Flash in the DCEU

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
Man, Batgirl was the first DC thing I was actually looking forward to. They were using my favorite costume, too.

And, like, Marvel had shown you can totally bring previous actors into a new continuity to revive their characters. Or change actors as needed. See: Bruce 'I'm a different person now, literally' Banner.

But, like, the Snyder bros will eat it up. WB knows there's money in it, so they'll milk it till the well runs dry.

As to the other thing... Yeah, every time. Every. Damn. Time.

Ironbite4

Citizen
The DCCU well hasn't produced more then a cupful of water in a long time.

Ironbite-it's mostly the side stuff that has no connectivity that makes things go.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The DCEU biggest problem has been, no actual plan, which is why Justice League is such a mess and that goes beyond the directors and writers, that down to the people in charge of Warner, they are the ones who were pushing for Batman V Superman instead of a Man of Steal 2, I think they were blinded by the sucess of the Nolan trilogy and wanted to get Batman back in, yet they were more or less taking a hop, a skip and a jump approch to the universe to get their Justice League on screen and have a taste of the shared universe pie that everyone was after at the time, however, instead of a graceful landing to a thunderus applause, they landed flat upon their faces and everyone laughed at them! Warner Discovery's new CEO, is going to have someone who is much like Marvel's Kevin Feige, there is rumours cricling that they found someone to take the job, thou nothing offical been said, yet and what I gathered, the most notable film they been involved with, is the Lego Movie, but as I said, nothing offical been said so far, so hopefully the DC Universe can start living up to its potential, soon!

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
The DCEU biggest problem has been, no actual plan, which is why Justice League is such a mess and that goes beyond the directors and writers, that down to the people in charge of Warner, they are the ones who were pushing for Batman V Superman instead of a Man of Steal 2, I think they were blinded by the sucess of the Nolan trilogy and wanted to get Batman back in, yet they were more or less taking a hop, a skip and a jump approch to the universe to get their Justice League on screen and have a taste of the shared universe pie that everyone was after at the time, however, instead of a graceful landing to a thunderus applause, they landed flat upon their faces and everyone laughed at them! Warner Discovery's new CEO, is going to have someone who is much like Marvel's Kevin Feige, there is rumours cricling that they found someone to take the job, thou nothing offical been said, yet and what I gathered, the most notable film they been involved with, is the Lego Movie, but as I said, nothing offical been said so far, so hopefully the DC Universe can start living up to its potential, soon!
Not having a plan isn't even that big of a problem, not having very many compelling movies is. So many of them fundamentally miss the mark on characters.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think Miller should be put in a padded room and a straightjacket, he clearly off his rocker, if this is around when the Flash film comes out, it will damage the film

Echowarrior

Citizen
Hollywood, unfortunatey, has a tendency to protect its own. Weinstein got away with all the crap he did for how long?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Reshoots: Barry dies and Wally replaces him in the last moments of the movie.

That likely to happen or Barry having stopped running, has the altered history catch up with him and prehaps one of his parents changed and so his appearance changes as a result, but the real question is, will this movie make money or will it bomb because its lead actor does something stupid again and word spreads of how stupid he been and people do not turn up for the film, thou I would say, the film already damaged because of Miller's previous actions, sure he come out and said he dealing with "Complex mental health issues!" which some people have summed up as "Sorry, yet I am not sorry!"

Paladin

Citizen
Pictured: David Zaslav.

agcQ3Dt.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Pictured: David Zaslav.

agcQ3Dt.jpg

That seems pretty much the case as Warner is said to be laying off 26% of its work force and merging divisions as apart of Zaslav's drive to make Warner a much leaner money making machine, what I gathered, he been steady making his way through the divisions and making the choices of what to cut and what to keep, its only a matter of time before he finally comes for DC comics, which resently got kicked out of their shiny offices to a hot desk model, if the rumours of what going to happen are true, DC comics as they are, aren't long for this world and they'll get shutdown and the comics outsourced to another company who will pay Warner a aunnal fee to use their characters, thou its unlikely to be IDW as they are in a pickle financally and have been for years now, so if this happens, Disney might follow suit with Marvel & Star Wars, then they will have to preform, bad art will be relegated to stuff that nobody really cares about or just a promo, while the bad stories and foolishness, such as making a gay Superman as a gimmick, will get scrapped completely, I know that run is ending with issue 18 and they are planning a six issue mini series, but, will that series ever come out, is the question? With the Flash movie, no matter what they do, they need to keep a lid on Erza Miller and keep him contained until the movie is out, but if something truly stupid happens, like Miller seriously assulting someone and they press charges and refuse to back down and it becomes major news, it will finish what Miller started and tank the film, regardless of the fact its good or bad, people will not want to surport a real criminal or a company actively aidding a criminal who not served his time and Zaslov will look like a major fool for keeping him on and his leadership will be questioned by investors and shareholders!

Echowarrior

Citizen
Okay, devil's advocate? Warner Brothers, and the entertainment industry in general, has suffered due to the pandemic. Couple that with other media companies being successful with endeavors that Warner's attempting (specifically Disney's success with streaming content and the MCU in general), and I can understand the need to tighten the company's belt.

DC Comics getting their own pinch is something that's been a problem for them for a while regardless. The only titles that have been routinely selling well have been their Batman titles, and I strongly suspect that's due to Batman getting the lion's share of promotion in other media. He's consistently had starring roles in animated series (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Beware the Batman, the DCAU), characters associated with him have had starring roles in animated series (Young Justice, Harley Quinn), and he and his mythos have been prominent in prime time TV series (Gotham, Pennyworth) and major motion pictures (Joker, The Batman, the DCEU). Sure, other characters have gotten media attention, or are in the process of doing so, but Batman has had the consistent majority and, for the most part, has avoided terrible controversy on par with everything surrounding Ezra Miller. And a number of odd storytelling choices have been made in the comics themselves for years, if not decades. I have no serious feelings either way regarding DC having Superman's son take up his banner and be bisexual, but when Superman himself is written out and cast aside in favor of his son, I can understand some comic readers' anxieties.

I have mixed feelings about this movie being successful. I don't want its success to be a validation of Ezra Miller or their behavior. I don't want the hard work put into the film by everyone else to be a waste, which is the single biggest reason that I want the film legitimately released in some format. I want it to build upon the preexisting narrative of the DCEU, and hopefully lead to new, better films going forward with a more cohesive vision ala the MCU. That being said, I doubt that I will spend money to see it. My faith in Warner Brothers to handle DC's characters on the big screen successfully is low, and a part of me fears this movie is only continuing production due to some sort of Sunk Cost Fallacy...but dang it, I'm not inclined to take potshots at David Zaslav, no matter how often he makes decisions that I disagree with.

And I honestly think that it's frightening that while I care little for the film, I care enough to try and decipher a poorly-written post, one written by someone who cares not for neither basic spelling, grammar nor simple fact-checking, and make as clear and concise a response to said post as possible. It really shows where my priorities are.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Okay, devil's advocate? Warner Brothers, and the entertainment industry in general, has suffered due to the pandemic. Couple that with other media companies being successful with endeavors that Warner's attempting (specifically Disney's success with streaming content and the MCU in general), and I can understand the need to tighten the company's belt.

It wasn't just the Pendemic, its been years of stupid choices and those choices are finally catching up upon the big studios, such as race swaping characters, virture signalling, acting like general fools, that pretty much bought the box office to its lowest point in 25 years, at least for September! With DC on film, the trouble with the Justice League was simply, Marvel took them by surprise with the sucess of Avengers and Warner became desperate to play catch up, but they made all the wrong choices, the very reason the Justice League film is so long with the Snyder cut, is the result of their poor choices, instead of carefully planning things out, they took a hop, a skip and jump approch and instead of a graceful landing with a thunderous applause, they landed flat on their faces and got laughed at, Marvel laid the ground work for a cinematic universe by establishing its characters prior to the main event, if Warner had established Cyborg & the Flash properly before Justice League, the film would not be so long, nor would it been a giant mess as a production!

I honestly, believe, if Warner can get their act together with DC, they can rise up and become the next cinematic king, Marvel has clearly lost their way post End Game and spread far to thin, with a bunch of movies and TV shows, but again Marvel has been making the wrong choices and pretty much repeating the same mistakes as Lucasfilm did with Star Wars, replacing all of their major characters with ones that nobody really likes or wants!

Cybersnark

Citizen
The only titles that have been routinely selling well have been their Batman titles, and I strongly suspect that's due to Batman getting the lion's share of promotion in other media.
Not just promotion; a couple of months back, a friend on discord did an informal check and noted that Batman or Batman-related titles made up something like 70% of DC's published output for the month. It's the old "female Transformers toys don't sell" fallacy again.

You can't sell products you're not making.

Top Bottom