Empyrion: Galactic Survival.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I had a thread about this ages ago on an allspark long lost. But I have playing again, so here we are.

A brief recap for those who might not know: It offers building a la space engineers, but simplified, as well as a massive universe and many survival features (like hunger, and bad guys to kill and loot.). Don't like the world you're on? Build a ship (capital class or small vessel.) equip it with a warp drive and fuel and go find a solar system you do like.

Anywhoooo! I saw there was a fairly massive update of late, and came across a youtuber playing a workshop scenario called "star salvage" so I jumped back in. Star salvage is what it says on the tin: The universes resources are depleted from years of warring factions, and you need to salvage the parts instead of building them new. So you hit up the junk yards, and start stripping junkers for the parts you need to do what you want. There's two starts, one with a long form story you can follow, and one where you don't have that. I'm just interested in playing space mechanic, so no story for me thank you very much.

Anyway; built a base, got shot up by drones, rebuilt the base and added some guns to it. Now I shoot down drones. :D

I've scavenged the starter planet and it's orbit fairly well (despite only actually discovering half of it.), and managed to build... well, frankly, a giant flying dildo. It was originally a shuttle with nacelles, but I could not make those nacelles look good in any way what so ever (I tried through three friggen base attack rotations! THREE!) I streamlined the design and wound up with... yeah. But it lifts 64.8 tons of of material, so... knob away I guess. There's space enough in the hull for a warp drive; which I do actually have, but it's not installed yet because I need to get some CPU extenders to actually run it. So no point putting it right now, it'll just slow down the rest of the shuttle till the rest of the upgrades are in.

I either need to scavenged some seriously rarefied materials, OR I need to start raiding the zirax (one of the factions in the game.) and sell the loot to buy the parts. CPU extenders are expensive and I need two of them.

Alternatively (cause it's an open world game, so there's always another choice!) I could build a capital ship cause it's more expensive in basic materials, but it's seriously easier to get capital ship cpu extender from the junk yards.

Decisions decisions.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Found a junked zirax ship, got it working, limped it home, and rebuilt it to original spec. It was heavy, slow, over processing capacity, and guzzled fuel.

I went and scavenged up a couple hundred lighter blocks, stripped it down to the core, 1 landing gear and a single line of the heavy armored blocks, and rebuilt the entire thing... shit I made the batwing.. god damn it, did not mean to do that...

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I need to mess around with Empyrion again. Been a few updates since I fired it up.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Graphics, terrain rendering, streamlining, world generation, universe generation, AI implementation, frame rate. The game is functionally "the same", but is a better version of itself.

Top Bottom