Dungeons & Dragons

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
A con man would pretty much be a high-charisma rogue, bard, or illusionist, depending on how much magical support for your cons you want/need.

Dake

Citizen
Rodriguez was playing a Barbarian right? Fantasy artwork aside, it actually seems pretty sensible that she didn't waste time on shaving. Now the real question is, will her action figure be follicularly correct? :D

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
It's a Hasbro movie but I don't know of official toys. I bet miniature painters are personalizing their own figures now tho, hair or not, haha

A con man would pretty much be a high-charisma rogue, bard, or illusionist, depending on how much magical support for your cons you want/need.
Huh. Guess he was a rogue then. No magic powers.

Oh from the clip of the DND toon cameos, there's only probably three or two more short scenes where they appear fleetingly. Only the last has some plot significance but very slight.

Dvandom

Citizen
Con artist is a Background, any 5e class can take it. It synergizes best with a high-CHA class like Bard, though. (Currently playing an Arcane Trickster con artist in Ravenloft.)

---Dave

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm very excited for this movie and am planning a rare movie night out with the missus to see it.

AgentOrange

Citizen
It's a Hasbro movie but I don't know of official toys. I bet miniature painters are personalizing their own figures now tho, hair or not, haha

Huh. Guess he was a rogue then. No magic powers.

Oh from the clip of the DND toon cameos, there's only probably three or two more short scenes where they appear fleetingly. Only the last has some plot significance but very slight.
Carries around a lute the whole movie, sings multiple times, and has a backstory emphasizing information gathering undercover as a tavern musician- gee, must be a rogue.

Insightful, observant, and well-informed analysis as always, bobo

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Carries around a lute the whole movie, sings multiple times, and has a backstory emphasizing information gathering undercover as a tavern musician- gee, must be a rogue.

Insightful, observant, and well-informed analysis as always, bobo

Did you think I was talking about Chris Pine?

Hugh Grant is the one they called a Con Man in the movie.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
FFEE0E99-51F4-4F7F-9EE3-979FD6CD9163.jpeg

FD15AAD0-3F6E-4007-9578-07B837D0AF11.jpeg

Okay, so I know WotC is evil and anyone who buys anything is shaking hands with the devil himself...but...I mean...Black dragon! Do I need to show you how much I love dragons?

C36F3C7B-6DF7-474A-84D3-E5C8388EF786.jpeg

I had to get it.

Attachments

• 558EE3F3-7A1F-4EF9-AEB2-E1371437ACA4.jpeg
    558EE3F3-7A1F-4EF9-AEB2-E1371437ACA4.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 65

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The movie was mostly good. I enjoyed it at any rate.

There are indeed figures out for it, I saw some at Target yesterday but I have no plans to get any.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Movie has very high RT critic and audience scores.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's a few wonky plot elements that don't make sense if you think too hard about them but overall it does a great job hitting all the "if you know you know" notes in regards to D&D lore and there isn't a single thing I can think of that is absurdly stupid. I really didn't expect it to be that good. It's the best D&D brand movie by a large margin

Dvandom

Citizen
I did an analysis of the black dragon die by rolling it 200 times. It wasn't too far off true, but some numbers did come up way too often to be chance (IIRC 8 was really common).

The beholder mold is very unfair, due to the fact two faces are rounded with scale patterns rather than being flat. It's almost impossible to roll a 1 or 2 on the beholder.

https://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/misc/Dicelings1 is my review of the first wave.

---Dave

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Alright so I was able to get my map.

They did something terrible though and I don't know if it's the theater or the studio or what, but they had this THING BEFORE the movie that was one of those media sit down things where the cast is on a panel talking about what they loved most about the movie and all that. But it was interlaced with footage from the movie that were basically every key scene in the movie and it was full of spoilers. If I hadn't already watched it I would be even more pissed.

So if you go see it and you see this segment after or during the trailers don't look at the screen at all.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It’s your penance for seeing the film so early.
Because of my work schedule, I’ll have to wait until NEXT week to see it!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Alright so I was able to get my map.

They did something terrible though and I don't know if it's the theater or the studio or what, but they had this THING BEFORE the movie that was one of those media sit down things where the cast is on a panel talking about what they loved most about the movie and all that. But it was interlaced with footage from the movie that were basically every key scene in the movie and it was full of spoilers. If I hadn't already watched it I would be even more pissed.

So if you go see it and you see this segment after or during the trailers don't look at the screen at all.
I saw it tonight and sat through this annoying pre movie spiel too. It didn't spoil major plot but there were a few scenes that would of sat better if I had gone in cold. But over all the movie was really fun. So much better than the early 2000's attempt from New Line. There weren't any characters of note involved but plenty of name drops of a few sprinkled in and lots of Places named that even a newb like me recognized. There was a certain peril that came up that had my entire D&D group busting up laughing.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've noticed everyone kept say Elminster was in the movie because since Simon is a descendant of Elminster and since the guy in his vision is his dead great great grandfather that it must be elminster.

For starters he was never identified as elminster, not even in the credits. Second he wasn't even an actual other person but a manifestation of his own insecurities. And third, as far as I'm aware there's no canon in which elminster is dead.

Conclusion: That's not elminster and was never supposed to be.

People have to remember that in the lore elminster has ****ed a lot of women, including goddesses. He probably has a lot of descendants.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Yep, Like I said, no actual characters of notoriety make an appearance. Name dropped a few, but the character Kal mentions above gave his name in the movie and people are still trying to attach it to someone.

Top Bottom