Dungeons & Dragons

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Also got my Dicelings of the Black Dragon and owlbear. Love the Dragon as the wings make the majority of the transformation and shell around everything else folded up. looks great in both modes but does feel like it’s left horn is being pushed into it’s face in the dragon mode.

The Owlbear though, woof. It looks rough. The fact that part of the wings don’t even out and the majority of its shell is in it’s arm wings doesn’t look too good to me at all.

I’m not sure if I’ll get any more of them. I watched a review of the Beholder and it’s pretty much just flipping the eye stalks out of the front and back and pushing the face out as it sits in the middle shell of the die. Don’t know if the Red Dragon is any different than the Black but unless I want some fun affordable Dragon miniatures I can fiddle with I can probably pass on it. It’s a fun idea. Maybe they could work it better with more creatures with other Die types.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I’m still hoping for a Transformers Collaborative Owlbear.

I’m also surprised we haven’t seen more reveals of the toy line. Hasbro stated that the dragon they showed last year with the Golden Archives first reveal was part of a kids line, but it is getting rather close to the film’s release without any news about toys.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So we have a D&D thread dedicated to the whole OGL fiasco and a thread for tabletop games in general. I figured we ought to have a dedicated D&D thread because...why not.

I'm at work right now, but maybe when I get home I can share some of my old characters I've played and some memories. Meanwhile I'll leave you with this,

8D29056A-BC4D-4839-9CF8-7F249F2D4B8D.jpeg

This should be coming next week. Now that I've finished my latest Mass Effect play through I can go back and watch some episodes. Somehow I keep forgetting I own the DVD's.

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay, someone in my PM had a better idea. There's a D&D thread in General Discussion, the OGL thread and I guess now this one. Would it be okay to have a mod merge the threads?

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm at work right now, but maybe when I get home I can share some of my old characters I've played and some memories.

Okay, well, I'm not sure I found all of my character sheets. In fact, I'm downright certain some of them are missing. I don't know why, but they weren't in the folder I seem to remember having them in. They were all loose in a box in the garage. But, as much as I could find, here are some of the characters I played and some of the memories I have of them.

Krin - Elf - Fighter
I don't think this got past Session 0. We explored an empty mansion and then nothing. Dissapointing first venture.

Kieflan Dur'el - Drow - Rogue
I think this one might have had 2 sessions. I don't remember much about him except that he was part of a thieves guild and I came into a group that was already in the middle of a campaign. They'd grown distrustful of new people, so when they found out I was in a thieves guild, it almost came down to a PvP.

Gwen Gaines - Human - Sorcerror
She was going to be my first time playing a female character. I don't think we even got to the first session on this. The DM had me roll up a sheet and had a questionnaire about her backstory and everything and then nothing happened. Disappointing last venture.

---

Those are the only character sheets I could find. But I know I played a couple other elves, typically sorcerrors.

I specifically remember a catperson Ranger named Kalinth I was allowed to play and was the only character I played that made it past two sessions. Like Kieflan and Gwen, Kalinth was a character I was writing about in a side story at the time. Unlike the others though, this was a completely new character I hadn't really done much with by the time I was playing him in D&D. So his character in D&D really shadowed how I wrote him in my side story. He was accident prone, but somehow things always seemed to work out.

Example, he met the rest of the playing group when they were all caught in a net dangling from a tree. The tree was flexible enough that the net weighed it down to the point that Kalinth could simply walk up to the net. Now...in my mind, Kalinth climbed down onto the net and cut it off from the tree. In the DM's mind, Kalinth was still one the tree, cutting the net off. Try arguing that with the DM though. So when the net was no longer weighing down the tree and the tree snapped back...Kalinth went flying. I was thinking my character was about to die 5 minutes into being introduced, but I passed the check, so he survived. Still, everyone got a laugh out of the visual.

I really wish I could find those character sheets.

Dvandom

Citizen
This thread was really more about tie-in media than the game, though. I'd argue there's room in Fun & Games for a "my characters and campaigns/homebrew stuff" thread, but leave discussion of the toys, cartoon, and upcoming movie in this thread.

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
Oy! I'm getting different demands from different people. Mods, do what you will!

Caldwin

Citizen
B1081C3A-C956-4826-A3D0-25CC941B3ABC.jpeg

It finally arrived today.

6F625EEA-4B85-4393-B982-687803C019EC.jpeg

She came with what was advertised, no more no less. I haven't really been thrilled with the "quality" Hasbro puts into their products lately. But I gotta admit, she looks better than I thought she would. Though I don't want to move the elbows much if I don't have to. They feel frail enough to snap at any moment.

Dake

Citizen
Though I don't want to move the elbows much if I don't have to. They feel frail enough to snap at any moment.

I dropped every one of those figures into hot water and let them soften up a bit first, then very carefully exercised every joint because the reports of breakage due to frozen joints was alarming.

TSwM4zb.jpg

Even after doing this they're still really tight, but I feel better about carefully moving things.

Caldwin

Citizen
Holy crap! Optimus Prime is the main villain. And Megatron is the annoying sidekick.

80's were crazy!

Caldwin

Citizen
078E8867-D85E-4C53-8C03-45471747374B.jpeg

It's been a while since I've gotten a Drizzt book.

It's weird. Like during OctoberI I've read a classic horror story. Last year it was Frankenstein. Year before that it was Dracula. But everything else I try to read, I'll get a couple chapters in and I just can't continue.

But this isn't really a story. It's a collection of all of the journal entries you see Drizzt make in all of the other books. So maybe I"ll be able to get at least something out of this.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I dropped every one of those figures into hot water and let them soften up a bit first, then very carefully exercised every joint because the reports of breakage due to frozen joints was alarming.

TSwM4zb.jpg

Even after doing this they're still really tight, but I feel better about carefully moving things.

Just to give an idea how hot I went I nuked some water for 3 minutes in the microwave till it was bubbling and steaming. About a minute in that an they all opened up pretty good on mine.

-ZacWilliam, really wish they'd announce the last 3

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The dragons are slightly remolded on the inside, The White and Red Dragons share the same scaling pattern, but each Dragon has a unique head sculpt. Sadly the Displacer looks to function nearly the same as the Dragons with the limbs tucking in and it's head folding down and wrapping the Tentacles around it like the wings. As cool as it is an idea, I do wish they went more unique and did more than d20's

Top Bottom