Don't Stop, Carry On - Gundam thread

ATTENTION: If you had an account that was created before September 1st 2021 you will need to re-create your account again. We apologize for this inconvenience. This should not happen again.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Finally got my pre-ordered P-bandai HGUC Efreet Custom, Rick Dias, and Gelgoog Vertex.

Surprised that Fed-ex delivers on Sundays.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
We now have an official title for the next Gundam televised anime series, Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury (機動戦士ガンダム 水星の魔女), coming in 2022. A new website is up from Sunrise; no other details have been revealed yet.

BrrKL31.png

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I keep thinking that "Witch from Mercury" title is a reference to Haman Karn, but I know that's not what it is. She's got nothing to do with Mercury as far as I know. Has Gundam actually ever DONE anything with Mercury before?

Also, we're getting a 9-part Iron Blooded Orphans compilation. And a special Cucuruz Doan's Island/0079 episode 15 remake.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...me-gets-9-part-compilation-tv-special/.177385

What's the point where a compilation movie series ceases to be a abridged version of the TV show? I guess it'll incorporate stuff from the smartphone game, too, but still, it feels excessive. Between this and the 5-part G-Reco compilation, these movie versions are getting a bit long in the tooth. Do these movie versions make SO much money for Bandai that they need to keep stretching them out like this?

mx-01 archon

Citizen
I keep thinking that "Witch from Mercury" title is a reference to Haman Karn, but I know that's not what it is. She's got nothing to do with Mercury as far as I know. Has Gundam actually ever DONE anything with Mercury before?

Given how Mercury is a completely inhospitable planet and would fry to a crisp virtually anything we tried to put on its surface, I doubt the name is literal.

Other Mercury references in the franchise, though, would be Gundam Wing's Mercurius (although that goes back to astrology/mythology, though, and not specifically the planet), and the Core Gundam's Mercuone Planet System from Build Diverse Re:Rise.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'm thinking it's probably going to be about a space colony orbiting Mercury rather than a settlement on the planet proper, given past series focus on colonies rather than settlements, for the large part.

...Which would still be REALLY close to the sun, but...I dunno that's what sci-fi force fields are for, I guess.

Top Bottom