Disney+s Live Action Rescue Rangers Is Not What You’re Expecting

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
One touch I liked, not really a joke, but still helps improve the movie just a bit is that we do get the normal Chip and Dale Voices, with them being played up as character voices vs their 'normal' speaking voices. Its a nice, somewhat realistic, touch that at least explains why the voices are different.
Yeah, I like that a lot.

Sjogre

Citizen
Right?

Like, no one thing in the trailer blew my mind, but all the jokes seem solidly clever. The gags are funny in and of themselves, not just a bunch of "funny because I mentioned something you vaguely remember." I would label my interest as "piqued."
Yeah, this thing still kinda looks like a trainwreck, but an entertaining one.

I respect ambition, even if the attempt might fall on it's face. Interested in seeing whether this movie walks or trips.

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
Okay, that's kind of disappointing that several of the '2D' characters (Chip, Gangster?Peter Pan) just look either cel-shaded 3D or rotoscoped from 3D models instead of being full-2D animation. =/ Also, I just realized a Disney character that I'm kind of surprised hasn't shown up even as a cameo in these trailers: Bonkers, whose original premise is basically the premise of this movie.

......Oh Primus, Bonkers is going to be the 'shocking' antagonist of this movie, isn't he?

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
his show did replace rescue rangers in the disney afternoon lineup back in the day.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It would also kinda feel a lot like when the first live-action Scooby Doo movie made Scrappy Doo the villain. 😒

Shadewing

Citizen
No, see; now it will be topical. Since Bonkers is a cop, and ACAB. So everyone will be pleased to see a fictional cop get the comeuppance he rightly deserves for choosing to be a cop!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We also need Jim Cummings and Karla DeVito to both play live-action aged versions of Lucky and Miranda, respectively, since both were humans and not Toons.

AgentOrange

Citizen
....Oh Primus, Bonkers is going to be the 'shocking' antagonist of this movie, isn't he?

It's going to be Pluto, mad at being a second-class citizen compared to other dog Goofy. The James Gunn Scrappy Doo take. And Pluto because Chip and Dale originated as Pluto antagonists

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I highly doubt they'd do that for one of their main Disney mascots. Also unsure about Bonkers, is he popular enough that the general audience will know who he is?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Bonkers was in the Ducktales reboot...as a unvoiced cameo, but still. People remember him...ish.

But, I think there's only one person who could be the BEST secret villain in a movie like this...Michael Eisner! He's the one who basically championed the Disney Afternoon. Let him be the one to destroy it! Plus, you could do something about him trying to do a hostile takeover of Disney. And...Michael Eisner showing up unexpectantly has kind of become a meme (mostly in online videos about theme park ride histories, but still).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
But, I think there's only one person who could be the BEST secret villain in a movie like this...Michael Eisner! He's the one who basically championed the Disney Afternoon. Let him be the one to destroy it! Plus, you could do something about him trying to do a hostile takeover of Disney. And...Michael Eisner showing up unexpectantly has kind of become a meme (mostly in online videos about theme park ride histories, but still).
Just use his existing cartoon character counterpart: Lord Farquaad from Shrek.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just saw a short teaser for this movie and it showed a clip of the scene where the claymation detective is investigating the apartment of one of the kidnapped toons. Chip and Dale are there too and the detective asks them if they knew the victim and they say "Yes, he was one of the Rescue Rangers." This narrows it down to either Monterey Jack or Zipper as being the missing Rescue Ranger.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I guess Disney XD is going to have a two-day original Rescue Rangers marathon on May 19 and the 20, right before the new movie premieres. If you have that channel, you might want to check it out.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I just saw a short teaser for this movie and it showed a clip of the scene where the claymation detective is investigating the apartment of one of the kidnapped toons. Chip and Dale are there too and the detective asks them if they knew the victim and they say "Yes, he was one of the Rescue Rangers." This narrows it down to either Monterey Jack or Zipper as being the missing Rescue Ranger.

Looks like it's Monty.

Top Bottom