Disney & Pixar present- "LIGHTYEAR!"

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I'm always up for a good space movie and I've never been disappointed by Pixar yet.

As for Tim Allen not being the voice of Buzz, I think it works perfectly on a "toy manufacturers rarely spend the money to hire the real actor for toy voice chips" level.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Chris Evans kinda sounds, to me, like he's doing a slight impression of Patrick Warburton.

Though, I'm not really too fond of their making Zurg this hulking bruiser of a robot instead of the more regal emperor look his original design gave him.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Probably won't happen since I heard Pixar hated the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command cartoon.
Whoa, why? They had no input? Like how Disney made Planes?

I didn't watch Star Command except for the initial eps.

Oh, didn't watch the new Trailer (in case spoilers) but is that cat on his shoulder for real? (Or a stuffed toy?)

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Whoa, why? They had no input? Like how Disney made Planes?

I didn't watch Star Command except for the initial eps.

Oh, didn't watch the new Trailer (in case spoilers) but is that cat on his shoulder for real? (Or a stuffed toy?)

Robot cat. Think of the teddy bear from the movie A.I.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I watched the videos and a few others (like where a guy interviews Tad Stones). Tad said something like there was no acknowledgement of his show, even though it was a success. Also it felt like a slap or something when they put up a Buzz lightyear ride but the billboard had random Space Rangers instead of them cartoon crew. Even a girl who could have been Mira the ghostlady.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Also it felt like a slap or something when they put up a Buzz lightyear ride but the billboard had random Space Rangers instead of them cartoon crew. Even a girl who could have been Mira the ghostlady.
That was strange to me, too. Since the last time I went to the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disney World (I believe the one in the video was the Disneyland one), I remember that the ride had both Booster and XR seen at the very end of it where you get off and exit, right before the photo screens where you see the picture they took of you during the ride.

Booster was even a sculpted wall statue guarding a wall painting of Zurg captured behind bars.

Granted, this was several years ago, around 2010 or so. So it's been awhile since I last went on the ride.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I know recently at least the Space Ranger base and even the commander with the mustache are still painted on the wall in the queue of the Orlando ride. I don't recall if Booster or XR were ever there tho...

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I kinda like the cartoon back when. Haven't seen it in ages though... wonder if it's on disney+...

Anyway: movie looks kinda neat, I doubt I'll go to a theater for it, but I'll make the effort to watch it when it streams for free on the service.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I showed the trailer to the kids and they loved it! Another great show making that Disney+ subscription worth it.

Top Bottom