Disney animation and related media

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Okay, let's try this again.

Bringing up the news I posted last time we made this thread, the following new shows based on movies will be coming to Disney+:

Both Moana and Tiana will be musical shows, too.

Plus, I don't have a news source for this info, but my own two eyes. I just looked on Disney+ this morning and saw that PEPPER ANN IS FINALLY NOW ON DISNEY+!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
*Eyes go wide* Greensleeves...

Anyway, if they're anything like the Repunzel/Tangled show we got, Tiana and Moana should be pretty good. Baymax might be a continuation of the CG shorts we already got. And Zootopia+ sounds like a series of tourist guides. Might be fun.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Zootopia has a setting that could handle a slice of life series but I do hope they do something a little bigger than that with it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
You guys remember this live action recreation of "After Today" from A Goofy Movie?

Well, the folks who made that video have done it again and have created a live action remake of the "Lester's Possum Park" song sequence. But, what makes this video extra special is that they actually got Bill Farmer to play live-action Goofy, Jason Marsden as live-action Max, and director Kevin Lima as the live-action Possum Park Emcee (originally voiced by the late great Pat Buttram in his final role before his death):

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Plus, I don't have a new source for this info, but my own two eyes. I just looked on Disney+ this morning and saw that PEPPER ANN IS FINALLY NOW ON DISNEY+!!!!!!!

Is it weird that my first reaction to this was "I hope this prompts some review/thinkpiece videos from the usual suspects"? Because I've wanted Lindsey Ellis to cover this show ever since she was still the Nostalgia Chick—given that it was clearly marketed as "like that other show we already have, but for girls", it was such a missed opportunity. (Especially since, and I'm just now realizing this, there was an easy joke to be made about being "a female version of Doug"). But if anything, it'd be even more interesting to see what people think of it now, with 20+ years of hindsight and a more serious outlook.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Is it weird that my first reaction to this was "I hope this prompts some review/thinkpiece videos from the usual suspects"? Because I've wanted Lindsey Ellis to cover this show ever since she was still the Nostalgia Chick—given that it was clearly marketed as "like that other show we already have, but for girls", it was such a missed opportunity. (Especially since, and I'm just now realizing this, there was an easy joke to be made about being "a female version of Doug"). But if anything, it'd be even more interesting to see what people think of it now, with 20+ years of hindsight and a more serious outlook.
Well, this person took a stab at it:

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Just found out Amphibia season 3 starts tomorrow morning at 9:30 est, so here's a heads up to look for the replays.

They've also been dropping trailers for a week.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Aaaaah Amphibia! Can't wait!

Also, I only just saw the 10th ep of Owl House season 2. Feel good episode with the mom really and I love the evil doppelganger. Is she still in the house though?

Also, I hope the curator returns but as a good guy. He works in a museum and is open minded enough to believe in magic (and Mars). Since he believes himself to be a good guy, maybe they can get him to empathize and he'll reform? Would be such a waste.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Just found out Amphibia season 3 starts tomorrow morning at 9:30 est, so here's a heads up to look for the replays.

They've also been dropping trailers for a week.

Watched the episode, definitely a change of setting and situations but also still familiar in a good way. Looking forward to what's to come. :)
Aaaaah Amphibia! Can't wait!

Also, I only just saw the 10th ep of Owl House season 2. Feel good episode with the mom really and I love the evil doppelganger. Is she still in the house though?

Also, I hope the curator returns but as a good guy. He works in a museum and is open minded enough to believe in magic (and Mars). Since he believes himself to be a good guy, maybe they can get him to empathize and he'll reform? Would be such a waste.
Nah, he was pretty clearly a creep who wanted to dissect an innocent being / girl. Also a flat earther.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The Ghost and Molly McGee was pretty good, yeah. Surprisingly good animation and some really likable characters. And those songs! I have a feeling people will remember those songs.

I do fear what will be borne from the internet because of that third episode, though.

And, just to be clear, the first 4 11-minute episodes are out now. They premiered two this Friday, and then two more Saturday morning. Disney is doing a TERRIBLE job advertising this show and the return of Amphibia. There should be a repeat of some of the episodes tonight around 7-8.

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
This bad boy arrived today. Can't wait for more!

Attachments

• 20211003_222222.jpg
    20211003_222222.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 94

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the first season 3 Amphibia ep. Evil robot is kinda cool. I wonder what will happen to him next? He has a personality so it doesn't look like Frobo will take over his body.

That's the second quarantine related reference they had. That's pretty timely, haha.

I like the parents. Sooo how does Andreas expect the robot to go back to Amphibia with the book? The robot has some sort of retrieval device?

Top Bottom