Disney animation and related media

Dvandom

Citizen
One big advantage the kids have is wild magic, synergies that the coven heads can't pull off without planning and coordination. And, of course, the coven heads (the bad ones) will be generally overconfident, which should keep things even until the draining spell hits.

---Dave

Autobubbs

Citizen
One big advantage the kids have is wild magic, synergies that the coven heads can't pull off without planning and coordination. And, of course, the coven heads (the bad ones) will be generally overconfident, which should keep things even until the draining spell hits.

---Dave

Plus, we've only really med 2 other Coven heads. We don't know how the rest stand, or if they can be swayed. Plus, if a thug like the warden can be worried that somethings up with the Day of Unity, you can bet smarter folks than him can have misgivings.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Huh, I'm trying to think of a cartoon that shows an actual divorce. Are there any?
Infinity Train; Tulip's flashbacks go deep into her parents' marriage falling apart.

Hilda; word-of-god suggests that Hilda's dad is still out there, but he has no relationship with his wife or daughter (they might be divorced, separated, or were just never together to begin with).

Dvandom

Citizen
Mrs. Blight is Oracle Coven. Probably mainly uses her magic to do business stuff.

---Dave

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
As others have mentioned, we don't know how good the other coven heads are. Figuring the 3 that are allied with the kids, those three are very powerful. Adrian Graye didn't come off as very impressive but Terra Snapdragon does.

I imagine some (possibly including Terra) might change sides if things were revealed to them. But it probably won't matter.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
The B***h coven.
Hahaha!!!! :D

Hmm, what else could Oracles do? She was casting some sort of light or glass or something but I wasn't sure if it was solid.

Huh. I'm going to have to look up what Hunter's coven track magic is. He sort of zips by or teleports but I don't know the branch of magic that it's in.

Does using Luz's sigil magic count as a different magic track? I only recall the illusionist tracing a sigil with his foot but I don't remember seeing Willow or Amity doing any different magic.

I know the kids are going to put up a big fight against the Coven heads but I really want to see a spectacularly animated magic battle with tons of variation and effects. (Like, Harry Potter magic battles are so boring. They're just throwing light around. I want more imagination coming into play with the kids vs the coven!)

Dvandom

Citizen
Mama Blight seemed to rely more on magical items, like her brooch. When you're rich enough, you can BUY spells.

---Dave

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Hahaha!!!! :D

Hmm, what else could Oracles do? She was casting some sort of light or glass or something but I wasn't sure if it was solid.

Huh. I'm going to have to look up what Hunter's coven track magic is. He sort of zips by or teleports but I don't know the branch of magic that it's in.

Does using Luz's sigil magic count as a different magic track? I only recall the illusionist tracing a sigil with his foot but I don't remember seeing Willow or Amity doing any different magic.

I know the kids are going to put up a big fight against the Coven heads but I really want to see a spectacularly animated magic battle with tons of variation and effects. (Like, Harry Potter magic battles are so boring. They're just throwing light around. I want more imagination coming into play with the kids vs the coven!)
Hunter is from the Emperor's Coven, so all magic is open for him. But he needs a staff / wand / palisman to perform magic. Most of what he does is teleporting, energy blasts, and I believe levitation. I'm guessing he was able to dash disguised as Luz because he had Flapjack on him (he shouldn't be able to do it otherwise).

One thing that I thought was really good about the Labyrinth Runners episode is we saw the Emperor's scouts doing a bunch of different magic types. Things were not generic energy blasts or fireballs.

As for Amity and Willow, they mainly stick to the magic from their coven. We see Amity do fire spells often, but that might be a generic spell that anyone can do (she learned it from a training wand at first). We saw Boscha do it once as well and she is in the Potion coven.

Cybersnark

Citizen
And it was established way back in the beginning that Willow is genuinely brilliant with plant magic (and kinda sucks with everything else), making her one of the cases where the coven system actually makes sense.

And I know we've seen Amity at least try to use sigil magic (and it kinda worked, she just didn't quite get the hang of it).

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
The majority of characters are really good in their respective coven. Characters like Darius, Alador, Willow, etc. Are all super good.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the finale (before seeing all the other new shows Obi wan, Stranger Things).

Holy cow. It's not enough of what I wanted. Not enough explained too. Argh!

There's something terrifying about the new player but I'm sure that what they're going for. Getting some trauma from Digimon 01 Adventure here.

I hate how it ended but, yeah, still specials.

Dvandom

Citizen
While the odds of this happening are almost zero for many reasons, I'd really like the Pines family to be involved in the first special.

---Dave

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Its not inpossible, there was a pretty conclusive confirmation that Amphibia and Owl House share continuity with that newspaper at the end.

But overall, DAMN that was intense! I'd like to say Im happy Disney is letting this kind of drama through on their animated faire but we all know the show is already canned and the creators are just eeking out what little they can while theyre able to.

I've been wondering what's the timeline on The Collector's imprisonment. We know he was responsible for sealing the owl beast in the scroll which eventually cursed Eda but also Philip was working to meet the collector 200 or so years ago.
also he mentions being trapped by King's father, who is the titan the entire boiling isles is built on. Entire ecosystems dont just pop up in 200 years. That titan had to have been dead far far longer.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Yeah the timeline for all that should be interesting.

Owl House and Gravity Falls reportedly share the same universe as Gruncle Stan married a woman named Marilyn that fit Eda's description and Eda went by the name Eda.

Not that I want anything to do with GF (as much as I love it). With only the equivalent of 6 episodes left, don't need to waste time on crossovers.

I do believe season 2 ended up heavily adjusted, hence why it was 99% fantastic. As there wasn't any time to waste time. So I imagine it will end great.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
One thing to note too is that where the Collector bound the owl beast was on another titan.

King's incubation must have been forever or he is a descendant of the boiling isles titan (remembering the Titan hunters killed lots of smaller titans). But I imagine he is somehow the son of The titan.

Autobubbs

Citizen
I'd rather see Mr. X show up to investigate the paranormal shenanigan's that are bound to follow. Not like we really saw enough of him in Amphibia.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Its not inpossible, there was a pretty conclusive confirmation that Amphibia and Owl House share continuity with that newspaper at the end.

But overall, DAMN that was intense! I'd like to say Im happy Disney is letting this kind of drama through on their animated faire but we all know the show is already canned and the creators are just eeking out what little they can while theyre able to.

I've been wondering what's the timeline on The Collector's imprisonment. We know he was responsible for sealing the owl beast in the scroll which eventually cursed Eda but also Philip was working to meet the collector 200 or so years ago.
also he mentions being trapped by King's father, who is the titan the entire boiling isles is built on. Entire ecosystems dont just pop up in 200 years. That titan had to have been dead far far longer.
?!?

Which episode was it that The Collector sealed the owl beast in the scroll?!

Man, I keep forgetting stuff, like how forgot that Hunter has no magic without his staff or Palisman, dang.

Funny how Owl House and Amphibia season 2 ended the same way, haha.

Gravity Falls already crossed over with Amphibia, sorta. With that evil Frog Grunkle Stan who tried hot waxing Anne and 'died'.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
?!?

Which episode was it that The Collector sealed the owl beast in the scroll?!

Man, I keep forgetting stuff, like how forgot that Hunter has no magic without his staff or Palisman, dang.

Funny how Owl House and Amphibia season 2 ended the same way, haha.

Gravity Falls already crossed over with Amphibia, sorta. With that evil Frog Grunkle Stan who tried hot waxing Anne and 'died'.
"Knock knock knocking on Hooty's door". The episode where Hooty is trying to help everyone living in the Owl House's problems. The episode where King learns he has sonic screams, Eda truns into a harpy, and Luz starts dating Amity.

Top Bottom