Disney animation and related media

Autobubbs

Citizen

-Brothers playing during witch hunts
-Brothers doing more
-Older brother (original Hunter) carving mask for younger brother (Bellos)
-more playing, now with mask
-brothers being invited to Boiling Aisles
-adult Bellos in Boiling Aisles
-Bellos angry at brother and pregnant partner
-Bellos starts using magic on himself and changes
-brother still loves Bellos
-brother introduces Bellos to wife / partner
-brothers have knife fight
-brother (Hunter original) dead from knife fight (Bellos with blood is reflected in the knife)
-witch wife attacks Bellos
-Bellos approaching other witches
-glyphs on arms
-Bellos sucking energy from palisman
-masked Bellos
-Bellos with changed face (how he looks now)

Anybody else noticing how he's slashed out the face of his brother in the memories?

The fact that he refers to him as an 'old friend' indicates he may have disowned him.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
That's absolutely crazy! Wow!
Weird that adult Hunter still looks like a kid to me, haha.

I can see Eberwolf being against destroying Wild Magic. Cuz he (she?) is wild. Haha.

Dunno about Darius. Unless he's faking being all concerned about fashion and cleanliness.
His mentor was the previous Golden Guard, so he must have some awareness of how he died. Though seemingly loyal to the emperor, none of them are probably on board with what he has planned. Which I'm sure would be the case with any of the other witches if they knew his true intentions.
Anybody else noticing how he's slashed out the face of his brother in the memories?

The fact that he refers to him as an 'old friend' indicates he may have disowned him.
Seems to be the case. His face is only scratched out on the memories when they were children / in Connecticut. Once they are on the Boiling Aisles and they are older, it isn't scratched. He must have felt betrayed and damaged those portraits / memories due to what happened later (being with a witch).

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Eberwolf's gender hasn't been stated. I presumed they were female, but we don't know. The voice actor is female but that's not an indicator.

This was episode 16, so presumably there are four more for season 2 and three double length episodes for season 3.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Side thing (wasn't there a Pixar thread before?) about Luca but I didn't know they made a short about Alberto.

The trailer is, like, half the short already, haha. Anyhow, I saw it clipped up in YouTube and, screw me, I did not expect that one word to come out. Like, it floored me. Yow.

Also, I didn't know Soul had 22 vs Earth the short too. But Ciao Alberto hit harder unexpectedly.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Amphibia and Owl House were both very emotional episodes today.

Loved the revelation about Marcy and the other two girls (were they ever her friend?) and the revelation of King and his kin. Awesome stuff as both are closing out the season (and series for Amphibia).

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw both Amphibia and Owl House.

Amphibia - the zombie faction should have been a bigger deal. And how is Tritonio the leader of the all the rebel newts? Weren't the leggy brigands just a small group?

Lady Yuna can fiiiight! That was amazing and the way they worked together was so cool to see. Kinda sad that Anne and Sasha had a flawless choreographed routine... And Marcy wasn't part of it at all.

Yeah, just how close were they, really?

Owl House - I knew it! He was evil right from the start! Pure eeeeevil! Runs in his veins! He fooled them all! Eeeeevil! Haha

Anyway, the Huntsman name now confuses me. Anything with hunter will make me think it means the brother. How long ago was that group founded anyway?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
It doesn't make sense that Tritonio leads all the newts. I imagine it's mostly just his same group or was done that way for simplicity's sake (not to have to introduce another character or faction).

What episode of Owl House are you referring to? Hollow Mind or the one with the Titan Trappers?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
The Titan Trappers. Cuz I'm not a big fan of royalty, haha.

At this point, I'm not going to be surprised if Hooty is some sort of super powerful elder being on par with the Collector, whoever he is.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
The Titan Trappers. Cuz I'm not a big fan of royalty, haha.

At this point, I'm not going to be surprised if Hooty is some sort of super powerful elder being on par with the Collector, whoever he is.
We do know he is extremely powerful and has managed to keep Eda safe despite being a fugitive. Eda may have created him based on the spells she used against Lilith when they dueled.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I watched Owl House Labyrinth Runners first. First episode with no Luz?

I'm not into Augustus but I like seeing varied use of magic so the Hexside kids fighting back was great. They didn't reintroduce the kids tho. They didn't even name drop that bully kid with earth powers. And where was the three eyed grudgeby match player girl?

The illusion head guy Graye is pretty personable. Also sorta hilarious. Great character. Too bad they didn't show what his illusion powers can really do. All he did was play catch up with Augustus' wild magic. Would have been cool to fight illusion vs illusion.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I watched Owl House Labyrinth Runners first. First episode with no Luz?

I'm not into Augustus but I like seeing varied use of magic so the Hexside kids fighting back was great. They didn't reintroduce the kids tho. They didn't even name drop that bully kid with earth powers. And where was the three eyed grudgeby match player girl?

The illusion head guy Graye is pretty personable. Also sorta hilarious. Great character. Too bad they didn't show what his illusion powers can really do. All he did was play catch up with Augustus' wild magic. Would have been cool to fight illusion vs illusion.
This was the first episode that Luz didn't appear other than in photos.

Mattholomule is been established enough that we don't need a reintroduction. :)

Nice to see him value the illusion track after his former classmates saw it as week. Also nice to get a Gus focused episode and show why he is considered a prodigy.

I also liked the interaction with the students and Willow and Amity finally ironing things out. That things were not instantly better.

Nice to show Matty, Ed, and Em all doing multiple tracks.

Amphibia (48 minute penultimate episode) was awesome.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm a bit sore about Willow working out bettering herself with exercise and confidence without Luz and Gus showing support. At least Gus joined her sports team but this would have been so much better to show it gradually. Losing weight isn't an instantaneous thing, unless it's magic.

Saw the Amphibia ep. This is the penultimate episode?!? Screw me, I'm not ready!

That can't be it for Andrias! I want more of him! His defeat spells deus ex machina, down to the letter, ugh.

I want someone in YouTube to do a Core vs Spinel from Steven Universe in a scythe showdown, hehe

Frobo could have changed his look more to be wildly different.

This can't be over yet! We didn't see the trio of scrappy fighter Ivy, alchemist Maddie and the scissor girl in action together! Boo!

Seriously, I'm not ready for the end!

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Megatron in the second to last episode of Amphibia.
20220512_201438.jpg

Cybersnark

Citizen
Also the Millennium Puzzle from Yu-Gi-Oh, and what looks like the puzzle-thing from The DaVinci Code.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Saw it when it first premiered. I hope the finale emotionally wrecks me like True Colors did.

The Owl House was fantastic today. Things are coming together beautifully. Who would have thought characters like Lilith, Raine, and Darius would have been so great and fleshed out. The emotions are high. Never thought I'd really like a character like Steve of all characters too.

Top Bottom