Disney animation and related media

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
The mother was just unbelievable at the start. I can't imagine someone going to the store and telling the clerk off for drawings. Geez.

Paladin

Citizen
Disney animators are currently participating in a walkout over Bob Chapeks' abysmal politics.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Have some more shameless shilling of Disney's magnum opus because why not:

(Language warning for some of these)

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
The mother was just unbelievable at the start. I can't imagine someone going to the store and telling the clerk off for drawings. Geez.
But there's no way her perfect baby girl would draw such filth if the clerk hadn't done something to her!!! :rolleyes:
I'm so glad my folks never found my dirty drawings.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Owl House and Amphibia returned today. Both very good episodes, but I was really pleased with Owl House. Season 2 has been a big improvement over season 1 (season 2 makes season 1 better by virtue of being so good). The interactions and character developments between Luz / Amity and Eda / Raine are nice juxtapositions. Amity and Lux are communicating well and getting things out in the open, while Eda and Raine are being torn apart by outside forces. Luz desperately trying to balance both of her wants and applying that to Kiki was bound to end in disaster though.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
New eps are out today?! Holy cow! Gotta check em out!

Saw Escape to Amphibia. I actually didn't recognize most of the human people in the infiltration group, except for the actor. I guess they just blurred together.

I thought one of them would jump into the portal too, maybe X.

Love the Star Wars homage. And more awesome that it was eeeeeevil, haha

Btw, it's sooo bad to strand alien fauna on Earth. She could lay eggs! Scary!

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well NECA Brooklyn went up for Pre-Order up at BBTS.

Still searching for Demona and Bronx at Target since it sounds like they are exclusive to their NECA Haulathon thing.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I managed to find a Demona (looks like theyre 1 per store) but after hearing folks online getting ones with bad QC and mine feeling real stiff, I'm really nervous about trying to attach her wings and move her joints.

I've never had to heat up joints or soak in water, so I'm not really sure how to progress with that either.

(Edit: "seeing real stuff"?! Did I have a stroke while typing?)

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Ya I just saw that a couple youtubers that got her have had bad luck with the wings. Can't say I'm surprised. It's cool to have the huge open splayed wings but I feel like even if we didn't get caped wings for those that can do so, I think it would have been better to give us ones more at rest.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm purposely trying not to see any of the other Gargoyles because I have and love Goliath and he seems a big enough deal to stand on his own but if I get literally any other Gargoyle character I will feel compelled to complete the whole team.

-ZacWilliam, Gargoyles is awesome but that's a lot of cash on top of all the other stuff I already collect.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Only just saw the new Owl House episode. Wasn't kind of a stretch right from the start to help out Kikimora? It would have been cool if it ended well tho.

Terra Snapdragon is ok but other folks use vine magic already. She could have shown more specific uses, like only using mind altering plant use. Let's see the rest of the head witches with more unique magic specializations.

Willow working out was great. Good for her.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Great episodes of both Amphibia and the Owl House today.
Interesting how time works in TOH and the emperor's message from the last episode.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
An interesting analysis of both a Disney classic and a big misunderstanding that a lot of people have about it:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw Amphibia and Owl House.

Amphibia... Give Frobo a new body already!!! Good on the guy getting muscular but it doesn't mean he has super strength. Huh, I don't remember the ep were the grandpa uses mind control on the kids anymore. The control collars are cool.

I vaguely remember a hairdressing episode but don't remember that lady with the scissors. Cool that Sprig and Ivy are considered as the best commandos, really.

Owl House, so I guess this Blue Fang is dead? The reveal was totally awful. I did expect a bigger response though.

What is considered Wild Magic again?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The mind control was from the mushroom episode (Children of the Spore).
childrenofthespore.jpg

And...I think Fern/Kill La Kill Scissors frog was in ONE other episode (Girl Time, where Anne and Polly try to hang out)...and I don't think she had any lines before THIS latest episode.

As for Wild Magic, I think it's basically taking magic from the environment (or perhaps, more specifically, the corpse of the Titan that makes up the Boiling Isles), instead of from the organ inside your body.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ok, I remember that visual with the mushrooms, haha. It's cool that Fern (?), while never getting lines before (?) had personality from her brief mission. She's easily distracted but good with scissors.

I'm looking at Sprig now as a more long range kind of attacker while Ivy is hand-to-hand.

Getting magic from the environment as opposed to the bladder thing? But aren't people, well, natural too? Haha. But then a human, with no bladder thing, would depend on Wild Magic then. So why the hate?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'm guessing Belos is discouraging using Wild Magic because he's hoarding it all for himself. Probably to try and create a portal back to Earth. I'm guessing he'll actually accidentally end up resurrecting the Titan again, and we'll have a Mata Nui awakens situation. The fact that people CAN still use the magic from the land...kind of feels like they're hinting that the Titan is still alive, to me, maybe.

Last edited:

Top Bottom