Digimon General Discussion Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Reposting the news we had last time.

The next series, Digimon Ghost Game, is coming this Fall on October 3.

There is also another movie coming, one that is said to be a Zero Two movie, with poster art featuring a child that looks like a younger Daisuke, but pictured with an all-new digimon and Japanese text that leaves reason to doubt that is it Daisuke:

With the Will has even more information on Ghost Game, a whole truckload of translated info and artwork. Too much to re-post here, so hit the link to check it all out.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Anyone else watching Ghost Game? I am, so far, its different from other Digimon series, thou it clearly takes a few ques from Tamers and Xros Wars pt 3, the latest ep has us meet Jellymon-SAMA and its kind of fun to watch

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Jellymon kinda makes me think of old school fey. Capricious, mischievous, small and cute but dangerous. I'm enjoying the series so far. The OP is hella catchy.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, Jellymon is a total psycho. Was expecting her to be the "cutie" of the group. but no, she's straight up twisted. It's kinda scary but we'll see where they go with her.

Was even more surprised to see Majiramon of all digimon in this episode. Though, it was weird when the subtitles referred to two of his three underlings by their Japanese names while Coatlmon (not a spoiler, was seen in last week's preview for this episode) was subbed as "Quetzalmon" instead.

Ruli seems to have adapted pretty quickly to the digimon partner life, so that's good.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just been watching the latest ep and honestly, it was pretty good, focusing primary on Ruti & her partner relationship by having the two apart for the bulk of the ep and the ending just kind of hit me in terms of emotions and bought a tear to my eye, that doesn't happen offen, so it was a good ep with a few cameos of older Digimon giving some more depth to this world beyond the troublemaker Digimon. Overall, so far, I am quite enjoying Ghost Game, its familar yet also different and they are taking their time with the evolutions of the partner Digimon unlike some of the other series where they tend to do the first level within the first couple of eps

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, it's basically playing the long game like Tamers, Savers, and Appmon did, focusing on character before the main plotline gets going, while also planting seeds for later developments (the darkness within Gammamon, the mystery surrounding all the wild digimon appearing in the real world, the mystery of Hiro's father being in the Digital World, etc.).

Last edited:

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
I really love what the last few episodes indicated with Digimon in the human world. Most of the digimon, really have no desire to cause problems and just want to have fun.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
New ep, Jellymon is running a side business from the looks of things and things are getting kind of dark

New evolution different to others, this one is the series dark evolution, but its different where's the others they become mindless beasts, this one has intellegence and uncaring personalty!

Bakomon dies/reborn, in this series human world Digimon who die become eggs unlike the previous series aside from Savers/Data Squad

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So really haven't kept up on Ghost Game since about the racing episode.

That said I got myself and a buddy of mine into the Digimon TCG. And my pull luck has been pretty good so far. Pulled two secret rares out of 4 packs. One with an Alt art Imperialdramon Dragon Mode. And that one was pulled out of the included booster in the TK Angemon pre-con deck. The other is an Alphamon out of the 3 Double Diamond packs I got. But Probably building Vee/Imperialdramon deck. Already have a start when my first Pre-con deck was the latest UlforceVeedramon deck.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Hearing new voices for Tai and Agumon is odd, but like you said Sabr, it’s good to distinguish it from the original series.

Sadly a new voice cast doesn’t quite rework the series issue with focus being nearly always on Tai and Agumon. I’ll probably watch the initial first few episodes, but I don’t think I’m up to rewatch it all again.

Maruten

Citizen
Recasting when there are Old Dudes You Can Get is always a bummer, but I'm really glad there's a dub coming so my kids can watch the show. We had started watching the original Adventure dub a while back but it was one of the shows pulled when Funimation ate Animelab.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
While it's fair to recast the Adventure Reboot dub (it's the show of a new generation, anyway, so let them have their own unique thing), I sincerely hope they don't use these recast voices for any original Adventure character who may appear in the upcoming 02 film. Presumably that's going to continue on in the Adventure universe post Last Evolution Kizuna.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Discotek Media is releasing Digimon Adventure (1999) remastered on Blu-Ray! Both the English dub and the Japanese original, in two separate releases due to how the dub was made in edited format that prevents there from being a dual-audio release of both together.

MarcFBR of WithTheWill.net is the producer of this release, and both Onkeikun (who has been instrumental in several unofficial English translations of the Japanese media, such as fansubs of the anime, scanlations of the manga, and scripts of the audio dramas) and Chris McFeely (who we should all be familiar with) have been brought onboard to help with this release as well.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
That's fantastic news. Nice to see the original Adventure still getting some love.

I'm curious how much this Discotek company owns the rights to... I'd really love to see a the Diablomon Strikes Back and Tamers movie dubs re-done with the actual Saban background music that made the dub so distinctive. The Disney-owned era of Digimon, on the whole, always felt a little off to me.

A soundtrack release of the English BGM in conjuncftion with a label like La-La-Land or Intrada Records would be great, too.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That's fantastic news. Nice to see the original Adventure still getting some love.
When does it not? It and Zero Two the only things that casual fans remember and care about.

I'm curious how much this Discotek company owns the rights to... I'd really love to see a the Diablomon Strikes Back and Tamers movie dubs re-done with the actual Saban background music that made the dub so distinctive. The Disney-owned era of Digimon, on the whole, always felt a little off to me.
They're a distribution company that licenses existing titles for home media release, like Shout! Factory. They're not a dubbing company.

Top Bottom