Diaclone Repaints

Lobjob

Citizen
It was always a dream of mine for Hasbro to assault us with Diaclone repaints and over the past couple years, that dream came true. It always seemed like an easy reservoir of repaint fodder and a way to tap in to that 40 year nostalgia AND a great way for me to justify buying more things I didnt need.

That being said, I've lost track of just how many of these repaints exist. Anybody wanna take a crack at compiling a list of these bad guys/girls? Is there one already? And I'm talking like Generations stuff primarily but all versions count.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
SG BotCon Tracks
Legends Magna Convoy
SG BotCon Ultra Magnus
T30 Crosscut
TFSS Bluestreak
BotCon Burnout
BotCon Lift Ticket

MP Roadrage
MP Bluestreak
MP Tigertrack
MP Clampdown
MP Sideswipe (no faction symbol version)
MP Exhaust
MP Loudpedal
MP Delta Magnus
MP Reboost
MP Crosscut
MP Burnout
MP Spinout
MP Cordon

Generations
Cordon
Spinout
Bluestreak
DK-3 Guard
Clampdown
Deepcover (black)
Deepcover (blue)
Tigertrack
Exhaust
Roadrage
Breaker
SG Ultra Magnus
Lift Ticket

That's not counting Microchange guys like Magnificus.

Sure I'm forgetting some.

Lobjob

Citizen
Hell yes. Thank you, Randy.

While perusing pulse I realized I completely missed the reveal and release of Breaker, which got me wondering...had any others slipped by me? Turns out I don't have *too* much catching up to do.

CrockAlley

Citizen
Here's a chart I made a while ago.

The left column is the Transformer name. The following columns are the Diaclone colors and the names of the TF if it has been released on a TF mold, and what sort of mold (Classics/Generations, Masterpiece, or G1).

The only Diaclone cars that haven't made the transition are yellow Trailbreaker, blue Hoist, red Skids (with the Skids head), and red Mirage.

Jktxw1m.jpg

Plus all the other stuff, which has received spotty coverage.
qbFrD0i.jpg

Last edited:

Nevermore

Citizen
Here's a chart I made a while ago.

The left column is the Transformer name. The following columns are the Diaclone colors and the names of the TF if it has been released on a TF mold, and what sort of mold (Classics/Generations, Masterpiece, or G1).

The only Diaclone cars that haven't made the transition are yellow Trailbreaker, blue Hoist, red Skids (with the Skids head), and red Mirage.

Jktxw1m.jpg

Plus all the other stuff, which has received spotty coverage.
qbFrD0i.jpg
Why do you have Hoist/Trailbeaker, Ironhide/Ratchet and Skids/Crosscut separate, but Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, Inferno/Grapple and Sideswipe/Red Alert as one? You don't even name Red Alert!

CrockAlley

Citizen
Why do you have Hoist/Trailbeaker, Ironhide/Ratchet and Skids/Crosscut separate, but Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, Inferno/Grapple and Sideswipe/Red Alert as one? You don't even name Red Alert!
Yes, that is an inconsistency in the chart. I only split out the first two because it was a little confusing for me to have [blue Trailbreaker and blue Hoist] and [red Skids and red Crosscut] on the same line. But I should break out those others you mention, for consistency's sake.

Top Bottom