Deadpool 3!!

Paladin

Citizen
so much like Star Wars, Disney's only idea with how to handle X-Men is shovel money at old actors for cameos & fanservice.

spikeriley

Citizen
Oh, man, a third movie, and Hugh Jackman is returning to the role of Wolverine?

Keep the R rating and make a good story involving those two characters, and this could be the Deadpool movie to end all Deadpool movies (and could get Disney back some of the money they blew on Lightyear and that bad remake of Pinocchio and the upcoming Little Mermaid remake that is shaping up to be a box office bomb).

Shadewing

Citizen
so much like Star Wars, Disney's only idea with how to handle X-Men is shovel money at old actors for cameos & fanservice.

We've known since the merger that they weren't gonna reboot Deadpool, and getting Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in the series has been Ryan's personal goal for years now; because he is trying to erase every failure of X-Men Origins; and about the last thing to fix is a proper Deadpool v Wolverine fight.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Assuming Jackman isn't a glorified cameo like the Illuminati were in Dr. Strange and the film is, at least, half way decent...there isn't much to say that this won't make a billion worldwide.

I'm also not set on the "R" rating. I think creativity (especially humor) thrives best when its trying to work around restrictions. They could completely get away with a hard PG-13 with Deadpool making fun of the fact he's restricted to the PG-13 rating.

I also love they last hold shot. Ryan KNEW he had just broken the nerds with this announcement, without a single hint as to what the film will be about.

Shadewing

Citizen
Am I the only one that feels the Illuminati got exactly as much screen time as they needed?

And this is Ryan Reynolds, as I said he's been being trying to get Hugh Jackman as Wolverine since Deadpool 2. I will be shocked if Wolverine is just a cameo. I doubt he'd make a big deal over it if it was just a gag like the X-men in Deadpool 2 or Wolverine's cameo in First Class.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Since this will still be smack dab in the MCUs multiverse saga let It be something like Deadpool kills the Universe(s). Could even get Chris Evans back to play Johnny Storm….Hydra Stomper…. Captain America if we have to, and a background cameo as Lucas Lee from Scott Pilgrim just for S&Gs.

I'm not as cynical as some and would love to see them use Deadpool as the multiverse movie they just go batshit crazy. Let Ryan and Hugh run across the multiverse using some magic doohickey in Mohinder's cab taking orders from David Hasslehoff's Nick Fury to find out it's still the Origins Wade messing with all the realities.

MrBlud

Citizen
I'm also not set on the "R" rating. I think creativity (especially humor) thrives best when its trying to work around restrictions. They could completely get away with a hard PG-13 with Deadpool making fun of the fact he's restricted to the PG-13 rating.

Yep! Most Deadpool comics are that age range and they still manage to be hilarious. All an R rating gets you is gross, edgelord garbage like Juggernaut saying he’s going to use Colossus as a cock-ring :rollseyes

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
It coooould have been Spider-Man but Tom Holland is probably to young to be traumatized by Deadpool, haha.

I wonder what the story could be? We already had Cable Deadpool. What were the Deadpool Wolverine team up stories?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I wonder what the story could be? We already had Cable Deadpool. What were the Deadpool Wolverine team up stories?

That's a good question, honestly. I don't think there's one, iconic Deadpool/Wolverine team up that really springs to mind. Mostly just a assortment of moments.

Here's a list from 2017

They COULD just have Deadpool keep trying to join the X-Men and failing every single time. Or maybe just copy his relationship with Spider-Man, and try to be Wolverine's best friend, in weird, clingy ways.

Deadpool married a succubus and was the king of the monsters at one point. That could make for a fun story. Do that classic "Wolverine Lord of the Vampires" story to complement it. I think there's possibilities, there.

Last edited:

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Yep! Most Deadpool comics are that age range and they still manage to be hilarious. All an R rating gets you is gross, edgelord garbage like Juggernaut saying he’s going to use Colossus as a cock-ring :rollseyes
Eh. . . . . I don't know about that. It also gets you the trademark gratuitous violence and scenes like Deadpool being ripped in half, the drug jokes at Al's expense. . . .

Deadpool works well in an R environment. Yes, he could work in a PG-13, but I don't see the need to put a limit on them. They have 2 damn fine movies under their belt, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ooooo, I love the idea of Wolverine being a Spider-Man substitute! But Peter can match Wade's humor. Dunno if Wolverine can. We'd end up with Deadpool 2's Wade bugging Colossus, which was hilarious in itself.

Btw, I forget but what's the status of Vanessa Wade's love now again? She's still dead or time travel let her live? I forget.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Just make it 'Deadpool Kills the FOX Universe' and be done with it.

Deadpool's the only one aware their Universe is ending and is trying to find a way out and into the MCU.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Wolverine is the perfect straight man for Deadpool's comedy. It's a slam dunk, all they have to do is not screw it up. And with two successes already the odds are good.

wentwood

Citizen
Haven't seen Deadpool 1 and 2 yet. Is Deadpool Marvel in case I need to buy those movies on DVD?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Deadpool is a marvel character, yes. I would recommend buying both 1 and 2 as they're just hilarious and worth a buy.

wentwood

Citizen
Thanks. Though not part of MCU I plan to also add Ghost Rider. Those are Marvel as well. Any MCU movie I don't own I'll see them on Disney+. Including Deadpool. I want to keep the MCU disk library current which will be after I buy X8 Apocalypse - X11 The New Mutants.

Top Bottom