DC original animated movies

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Next to debut in physical and digital home media format is Green Lantern: Beware My Power, scheduled for Tuesday 26 July 2022. This entry is part of the continuity started with Superman: Man of Tomorrow and continued with Justice Society: World War II and Batman: The Long Halloween.

spikeriley

Citizen
Nice. Fun fact: Green Lantern John Stewart will be voice by Aldis Hodge, who will also play Hawkman in the upcoming Black Adam movie.

And in the name of Zod, Battle of The Super Sons better not suck.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
So they animated Arm Fall Off Boy? He's already given a live action role. Why not Tenzil? He's more awesome and funny, c'mooooon.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Who's the crying little girl and the burning man? Also the middle eastern veiled lady.

I can see Poison Ivy as the undead long arm girl in the past, Killer Croc as the reptile, I guess Mister Freeze brings cold zombies. Is that Felix Faust?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it. There was a lot of naked monsters in it with Ken dolls.

It was ok. Loved what Ivy was but too short lived.

Weirdest thing was figuring out who Sanjay was. I had to see his name in the credits to figure out who he was representing.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
giphy.gif

THAT certainly wasn’t something I ever expected to see…

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, it's based on a comic crossover.

I say "based on" because while they seem to be taking the designs from that, they seem to be changing up the story. In the comic, the DC characters are just a part of RWBY's world from the start. This movie seems to have the "real" DC characters go to RWBY's dimension, instead.

They have ANOTHER crossover currently going.

I"m guessing it's because Warner Brothers owns Rooster Teeth, now.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw Justice League x RWBY.

It's not half bad! I rather liked it! I don't know anything about RWBY but they had great character interactions that made them feel pretty fleshed out.

Also had a good set of Justice League teens. Made me give a flying fig about Jessica Lantern, haha. Cool to see Vixen active. With Cyborg around, that representation. (Surprised to have no Choi Atom for Asian rep).

Bat Bruce looks very cool, haha

Don't know the twist but it was well done and I didn't figure it out.

Only thing I was meh about was the CGI but whatever.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It was pretty much the Rooster Teeth RWBY Animation team on this by the look of it. It’s all directly in their world with some updates for older seasons character models and settings. It’s a tad odd that Blake has her mechanical arm since the rest of the RWBY team looked set back to season one looks.

As far as setting in RWBY I’m guessing it’s sometime during season 7 as they seem to know things up to that point and the ending implies access to tech they would have available then.

Having the JL de aged to play contemporary to the RWBY cast makes the character interactions work better in this setting I feel. And having the JL adjusted to the world of Remnants rules may not work for DC purists but I liked how it attempted to play their powers in it. Batman as a winged Bat Faunus is different for sure, and having the others powers as Semblances of the RWBY world felt purposefully restrictive so the JL wouldn’t be OP in Remnant.

Wasn’t familiar with our revealed villain.
Once we knew the world was fake and how it looked when it glitched I figured it had to be a tech based baddy, but I’m not familiar with Killgore. Would have figured it as Braniac or something. As far as our unrevealed partner on the RWBY side of the coin there really is only one villain that fits the bill we know. Arthur Watts. Though if they want to play with things a bit I guess a corrupted remnant of the original Penny’s digital personality could work I guess. But we still don’t quite have an explanation how the bridging between worlds came to be and that feels more mystical and Salem like.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm the same about your spoiler. No idea who.

RWBY is CGI right off the bat? I dunno what Rooster Teeth is but is it a Japanese or American production?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Rooster Teeth is an American studio that started out with the Red Vs Blue comedy shorts using Halo. RWBY was their big attempt at doing their own animated series without relying on one of Halo's game engines. Early RWBY animation is a bit rough. At this point though it's semi passable for an actual budgeted series. Helps having WB as your new corporate overlord somewhat. Gen Lock was the other big series they did with some Grade A talent like David Tennet, Michael B. Jordan, and Maisie Williams.

But for early RWBY pretty much any background characters in the first two seasons that were there just to be crowd filler were just black silhouettes. But as you saw a good portion of the RWBY Characters are named and based off of literary or fairy tale characters. And most everyones weapon early on were some sort of melee that turned into a projectile weapon.

They also do Let's Plays and sketches on YouTube. And I also like their short lived Nomad of Nowhere animated series.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Well, I saw Warworld.

I actually really hate all the bloody violence in the DC toon movies.

Anyhow, it's ok. The start of the third segment was the best but I really liked the second part, haha

Question but there was no explanation about the prisoners.

Top Bottom