DC original animated movies

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
They turned Harbinger into a palette swap of Frankie Raye's Nova from the Fantastic Four?

...I know that's a weird thing to point out, but still.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Merry Little Batman is out.

It's got a little more plot than I thought but, whoa, cartoony violence might be too over the top.

Joker is pretty great.

Part that shocked me was the stabbing. Then the eventual result. Yow.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finished watching Crisis.

It wad confusing, with all the jumping around.

It was only at the ending that I kicked myself for not figuring out the connection to the actual comics story beat. Blindsided me when it shouldn't have, haha.

I'm a Legion of Super-Heroes fan but I wanted why they picked Dawnstar. I can't recall if she did something major in the original comics.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Woot! That would be awesome! I wonder how they managed that. Like did he record something for this that long ago or did they take some dialog from his previous work and re use it? I mean there is probably enough there for a whole movie.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Woot! That would be awesome! I wonder how they managed that. Like did he record something for this that long ago or did they take some dialog from his previous work and re use it? I mean there is probably enough there for a whole movie.
The lead times for animation are far enough he likely recorded stuff well before he passed. Kevin Conroy reportedly has a role in Amazon's "Caped Crusader" animated series, though not specified since Amazon hasn't revealed much about it. The assumption is that he won't be Batman, but some supporting role. COIE Part 3 will reportedly be the last time we hear him as Batman.

Dvandom

Citizen
I thought this did things better than the original Crisis in several ways, notably how Barry Allen actually got a better ending. And it was clever how they tied this in with the previous New 52 adaptation movies by having Pariah be the previous universe's John Constantine, having been dumped there after the House of Mystery epilogue to New 52.

---Dave

Top Bottom