Cyberverse Appreciation Thread

Glitch

Citizen
You get movies out of watching them back to back:
A three hour movie out of season one, though a few episodes can be ignored.
Two hour movie out of the first twelve episodes of season two
An hour and forty minutes of a movie with episodes thirteen through eighteen and the four part battle of Cybertron.
A two hour epic with the thirteen episode Quintesson arc of season three.

It should be noted some of the best Cyberverse writers worked on War for Cybertron and after seeing that, I'm glad Cyberverse was ten minutes an episode.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
One minor nitpick: I hope the next show has a rule: DON'T QUOTE THE ANIMATED MOVIE EVER!
NO MORE "Soundwave superior." or "One shall stand, one shall fall."
"Soundwave Superior" is more of a catch phrase for Soundwave at this point than "Screams and cries are music to my ears"

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
It had FOUR YEARS, man. Most TF shows are lucky to get three.
Well, Beast Wars had 5 (I count Beast Machines, haha).

I haven't seen the specials yet but everything past season 1 was an absolutely refreshing take on the TF Mythos. I trust anything the writers would create (except for making Cosmos female. Just use Nickel or Aileron!) so I'd like to see what else they could have planned.

Also blind Perceptor was a badass and Whirl was the MVP. They need another turn in the spotlight.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This version of Grimlock has really grown on me, and I'm disappointed as all hell that there's not a good combining toy set of this version of the Dinobots. I wanted PotP Volcanicus or the Takara upgrade despite its issues, but I just want this one more altogether.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, that's the difference between binge-watching it after the fact and trying it out right from the start. I honestly don't know how I would've responded if circumstances had been different.

How long did you have to wait between new episodes?
Every week for season 1.

However:
While the first season was aired at a rate of one episode per week in the United States, Canadian network Teletoon aired two episodes every week in a half-hour block. Consequently, "Megatron Is My Hero" through "Maccadam's" all premiered on Canadian television ahead of their US broadcasts. In fact, the entire rest of the first season was initially scheduled to debut in Canada over the following weeks, but it was all pulled and replaced with re-runs, presumably because someone US-side didn't like how far ahead they were getting! However, the show still couldn't catch a break, as the next two episodes premiered on the Xfinity X1 service more than two weeks before they aired on television, with the remaining Chapter One episodes each airing in Singapore at least a week ahead of their US broadcast. This unfortunate scheduling continued during Chapter Two's broadcast, with the season premiering in multiple countries (including Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, and France) two weeks ahead of its US broadcast and airing at a rate of four new episodes each weekend, finishing out the season as the US was only just starting it. Chapter Three followed suit, with UK channel POP TV airing daily broadcasts of four new episodes in a row; as a result, they aired the entire season in the span of only a week and a half, completing it before a US airdate had even been announced. And as a final button on this string of scheduling snafus, all of Chapter Four ended up airing on Teletoon (and the first episode on YouTube, as previously mentioned) two weeks before its Netflix release.
So, 95% of the series got leaked online long before each season had finished (or even started) airing in the U.S.

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Just finished watching it. A nice way to end the series. Almost everyone got a minute or two.

-ZacWilliam, I would have liked to see Aquaman/Hammerstrike again one more time, but I'm happy all the other new boys get a moment or two.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
So long, Cyberverse. Again.

Tarn! Who'd have thought we'd ever see him in a cartoon, much less as a lead villain role? Even managed to carry over the major theme of the Decepticon cause growing out of control and becoming far worse than what it was originally meant to oppose. That always seemed to get overlooked thanks to the whole Roller/Glitch reveal, so it kinda amused me that Optimus bluntly brings it up and Tarn immediately shrugs it off.

I2gSpSq.png
-face VS
I2gSpSq.png
-face! Soundwave dies taking down Tarn, and it suddenly occurs to me that the four major Decepticons are all dead, but the faction survives and has a change of heart. The survivors even roast Soundwave during his eulogy, underscoring this sense that the 'Cons have entirely entered an different age now. I dunno how unique of a scenario this is, but it is refreshing to see the Decepticons have a more positive fate than either being completely defeated or being taken over by a new villainous leader.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I finally group watched both specials. Still processing but, slag it, did he have to go?! He was at the edge of the Golden Age of Cybertron! Dang!

Also, in the first special when Grimlock found the artifact, I made a comment along the lines of "big deal. He probably regularly combines with Arcee anyway.". My friend shot me a semi shocked look.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want more Deluxes and such of all of these. I wish the toyline hadn't died a death here; I hope the distributor still rolls the dice on the newer stuff. Want that "Action Master"-ish Snarl, and the rest. These pointy and colorful takes on the Dinos are pretty neat.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yup, pretty badly too. Been meaning to get a picture. It's very Prototype Arcee.

Top Bottom