Cyberverse Appreciation Thread

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Wish I'd kept a copy, but I'd posted a picture on the forums a few years ago of a PotP Rodimus Prime I found at Meijer. Had the trailer/armor pieces in the box, but no Hot Rod. Not sure if it would reinforce the idea that open boxes will mean stuff getting stolen, or counter that the people who wanted to steal stuff were going to do it anyway.

Glitch

Citizen
One character I'd like to see return to the show is Teletraan X, he's good for a few laughs and was a strange omission from season 3. I thought he died in Battle for Cybertron part 3 but he was functional next to Arcee and Wheeljack at the end of part 4 so where he's been is anyone's guess, maybe he's been overseeing the construction of a new Ark on the other side of the planet...
I am interested in how they'll handle the Dinobots, they were meant to get their own 'movie' according to news from last year but the recent synopsis don't mention them, as to their origin, I'd guess they came from those other pods that fell from the Ark.

This is the latest synopsis of 'The Perfect Decepticon' movie
'The peace treaty between the Autobots and Decepticons is put to the test when Tarn arrives bringing a war from another reality.'
Tarn, guess they want to reuse that character model and it will be interesting to see if this is Glitch or someone else as the DJD don't have to be Glitch, Amp, Forestock, Crucible or Scissorsaw.

Xellos

Citizen
Wish I'd kept a copy, but I'd posted a picture on the forums a few years ago of a PotP Rodimus Prime I found at Meijer. Had the trailer/armor pieces in the box, but no Hot Rod. Not sure if it would reinforce the idea that open boxes will mean stuff getting stolen, or counter that the people who wanted to steal stuff were going to do it anyway.
That happens all the time as well, the problem with the open packages now is like with the Lebron Space Jam figures with no heads, it is far more convenient for the "casual" person to just see something and grab a piece of it. It takes far more dedication to open boxes, or even switch figures.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
FYI, Amazon has an Epic Daily Deal today. Significant markdowns on brand new Cyberverse items like the combiners as well as assorted ultimate figures.
A particular note is the new Ultra Ramjet being available for $15

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Loooooove it!!!

Btw, there Cyberverse McDonalds toys (with Ponies) out in Asia. Just pictures on their chests.

IMG_20211030_211223.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Female Swoop? Reminds me of Dino Ptera from DinoZaurs (who was female in the English version but originally male in Japan).

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
What little was shown seems kinda derivative. After the hugging wild unpredictable madness that was Season Three, it's a bit of a shame to see the show revisit more familiar stuff like Trypticon, Recolor Mercenaries, Dumb Dinobots/Volcanicus, and Tarn Perfect Decepticons again.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What little was shown seems kinda derivative. After the hugging wild unpredictable madness that was Season Three, it's a bit of a shame to see the show revisit more familiar stuff like Trypticon, Recolor Mercenaries, Dumb Dinobots/Volcanicus, and Tarn Perfect Decepticons again.
It was previously hinted that the show's creators wanted to do more with Megatron X and his forces but didn't get to do so in Season 3, and that these two movies are giving them another chance.

As for Volcanicus, they gotta advertise the new toy.

Glitch

Citizen
We can infer the Mercenaries from WFC were a Cyberverse idea given those episodes were co written by a Cyberverse writer.
Adding Trypticon to them makes a ton of sense given his G1 bio.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If we get toys (especially Deluxes) of them, I won't complain. The recolor Needs would make for a neat Deluxe wave (with a Dark Hot Rod please).

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Watched it early this morning and then had stuff to do.

Thoughts that I can remember:

Fun to see Grimlock and Arcee being besties again.

Loved the Dinobots. I was wondering how they'd make them work given Grimlock's Cyberverse origin. They did a good job.

I like how all the Dinobots were actually played to their different personalities, way more than even in G1. Miss Swoop was a really nice change-up too.

I want a G2 Afterburner version of the WFC conehead now.

There's a lot of graffiti and cybertronian writing in this. Hope someone translates it, I don't have the patience.

Volcanicus rocks. This made me like him as a concept and a character way more than anything previous.

-ZacWilliam, I'm glad this was all the dinobot stuff. Gave it room to breath before the stuff coming in the next special.

Glitch

Citizen
They could do a set:
Deluxe Soundblaster w/ Siege Buzzsaw
Deluxe Nightbird
Deluxe Bug Bite
Ultra Doublecrosser
Ultra Afterburner

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Nice to catch Cyberverse 'live' instead of binging the entire series after it's apparent end. While still not a favorite series or anything, it's certainly been far more entertaining than most recent TF stuff.

Wit-Wiki, heh, that's clever.

"MAH LE-EGS!"
"Got 'em right here, Soundblaster!"
*FREEM*
"....or not."

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Aaaah, my friend wants to group watch it. In two weeks!

When is part 2 going to be released? So I can say we'll just group watch Part 2 and I can watch Part 1 NOW!

I'm semi happy to know the other Dinobots aren't as smart as Grimlock, from the trailer. (Unless that's wrong info).

Top Bottom