Cyberverse Appreciation Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The second Season 4 movie, "The Perfect Decepticon", aired today on Teletoon in Canada. But so far, no recordings for online viewing have been found.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh! That's awesome!

Argh! If the second part just aired a while longer, I could have made a case of watching the first part already and saving the second part for watching with friends. Darn!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And now folks are saying that the second movie is on Amazon Prime Video in Canada and Teletoon On Demand right now.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What little was shown seems kinda derivative. After the hugging wild unpredictable madness that was Season Three, it's a bit of a shame to see the show revisit more familiar stuff like Trypticon, Recolor Mercenaries, Dumb Dinobots/Volcanicus, and Tarn Perfect Decepticons again.
At least these concepts (mainly the Recolor Mercs and Volcanicus, which were products of the Terrible Miniseries period) are getting some play in a series with competent writing.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Still waiting to see the specials together with friends but I saw a clip of Grimlock and the Dinobots talking together plus the trailer's ending (with Shadow Striker telling them off) and I'm thinking it's going to go like this :

IMG_20211109_183411.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm really curious what Trypticon's alt-mode is here.

Still hard to believe from the show premise we were given how it all turned out so well.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Just gonna set this link here for anyone who wants to do whatever with it, because I just watched the second movie and MAN it was incredible.

Cyberverse really is the Transformers cartoon that gets the medal for "Most Improved Series".

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I would guess a combo of more budget, more character models built up to use, and more freedom as the series went on.

-ZacWilliam, Season 3 may be my favorite post Animated TF cartoon.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Also not having to be a spiritual tie-in with the Bumblebee movie anymore.

After season 1, Bumblebee ceased being the most important character, a mute radio speaker, and amnesiac. All qualities it shared (had to share?) with that movie.

The show could also get out of its anthology rut and tell bigger stories that moved fully forward without also be stuck looking backward at various points in history in a forced attempt to explore the lore of this new continuity.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I think one of the most brilliant things this show did was the Time Jump at the beginning of Season 2.

Season 1 ended with the Decepticons arriving and Autobots just waking up and the War on Earth about to finally begin and then instead of doing the predictable, boring and easy thing Season 2 jumps over the entire war on Earth, the entirety of the Cyberverse universes versions of G1 seasons 1 and 2 and STARTS with the final climactic battle of the War on Earth.

That's just a baller move.

-ZacWilliam, and the show just kept getting better from there.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Watched The Immobilizers and it was great fun, though I should have rewatched the last few eps of season 3.

Grimlock and Arcee are the best I could watch a miniseries of their adventures palling around.

Using the Mercenaries symbol was a nice surprise. Soundblaster was entertaining and hey, no mention of him being a clone of Soundwave (that I noticed anyway) he was his own bot. Nightbird was cool though didn't do much. Give me an Afterburner now please Hasbro! And the other 3 Skyscorchers as well.

The Dinobots were fun and they worked them in well.

I am disappointed they didn't include Slash, I'm fine with Girl Swoop in fact I thought she was one of the best parts, I just really want Slash to get more attention and with her only appearance so far being Rescue Bot Academy it feels like she'll fade to obscurity.

A whole planet of Dinobots, so much poten-- (planet explodes) ah well, that's a shame.

Trypticon was a great surprise, I almost thought Volcanicus would transform into the toys dino mode to defeat him.

Glitch

Citizen
One minor nitpick: I hope the next show has a rule: DON'T QUOTE THE ANIMATED MOVIE EVER!
NO MORE "Soundwave superior." or "One shall stand, one shall fall."

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
So may be my rear-view mirror is rose-tinted, but I don't remember a bad season.

I watched through the 1st three seasons after it was over, so I had fun watching the anthology-type world-building episodes early on, and it got even more fun from there.
Haven't watched the new movies yet - hoping to get to those soon.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So may be my rear-view mirror is rose-tinted, but I don't remember a bad season.

I watched through the 1st three seasons after it was over, so I had fun watching the anthology-type world-building episodes early on, and it got even more fun from there.
Haven't watched the new movies yet - hoping to get to those soon.
Let's just say that the first season was incredibly ill-received when it first started airing. People hated that it was Bumblebee-focused, anthology-styled, and made Bee a radio-speaking mute again after have just gotten him back to speaking normally back at the very end of Prime and all throughout RID'15. Combined with how direction-less those early season 1 episodes felt, and the jarring shift from a 22-minute episode format to 11 minutes, a lot of people just could not get behind this show back when it first came out.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Yeah, that's the difference between binge-watching it after the fact and trying it out right from the start. I honestly don't know how I would've responded if circumstances had been different.

How long did you have to wait between new episodes?

Top Bottom