Cyberpunk 2077 (video game)

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
49CF986A-0B91-49B5-861F-FC8B96DC7236.jpeg

Don't really have anything to say except what's already been said on previous versions of the boards. But since there's a tabletop thread, I guess there should be a video game thread as well.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Patches are still coming out. Unfortunately it seems they're optimizing the game's performance by gutting features. The traffic has gotten noticeably lighter.

Hopefully this will be a good thing in the end. If they are going to add driving AI, it probably would be best to completely remove what's there and not put it back until it's properly built.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was planning on checking this out come the holidays. I was hoping that it would be fully patched by then.

Caldwin

Citizen
Before the patches, I was having a bunch of crashes. But I think things are pretty steady now. I don't even remember when my last crash was, several updates ago...and I'm on PS4.

I won't say it's completely glitch free, but I haven't noticed anything major lately. I honestly think they've patched it up pretty well now.

Of course, I'm just one person and I think I've been lucky in general with this game. But I do think it's worth a try now.

Caldwin

Citizen
Of course you know how it goes. No sooner did I say that then it crashes during the credit. Still, that's the first crash I've had in months...so...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is not the first piece of evidence that this game's bugs have a sense of humor.

Caldwin

Citizen
So new big update hit. The first day many PS4 players (including me) couldn't even start the game because of the new update. But they patched it yesterday and I was able to play it for about an hour before going to bed.

There's a couple more vehicles and weapons, several new apartment, the option to change your look and new rext messages from your romance option. So, nice update.

I was only able to play it a little bit last night, but I have heard some people say on YouTube that this is the state it should have been in when it released and that if you were waiting for things to be patched before buying it, now it finally at the point t go ahead and buy it.

Caldwin

Citizen

New trailers for the Netflix show and the future expansion as well as talking about the update that hit yesterday... and a mobile game.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
ok if you have not seen Edgerunner yet and love Cyberpunk do so now it was epic do it

Caldwin

Citizen
So honestly, I don't think I've given this game a single thought in months. But with the Phantom Liberty buzz that's suddenly shown up on my YouTube suggestions, I went ahead and popped it back into my PS5. Seems my old build still works.

So is any else interested in this game anymore? It's been a while since I've given a care. But with Phantom Liberty releasing in two months, I have to admit, my interest is slowly getting piqued again.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm still interested. The amount of work they've done to improve it has exceeded my expectations by quite a bit, but I still don't have enough confidence to pre-order this.

I want exactly two versions of the game. I want the 1.0 disaster version, and the final product.

Caldwin

Citizen
Until I'm back at work and back up to speed (which may still be a while) I'm hesitant to spend much more money than I have to. But I do intend on getting this.

One thing that worries me is that it's supposed to introduce health penalties for having too many body mods. Considering there's an achievement/trophy for doing just that, it could be problematic for those who have already decked out their V's bodies.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would be okay with that mechanic if it were there from the beginning, but introducing it now and punishing longtime players is just rude.

Caldwin

Citizen
Has anyone else started Phantom Liberty? I'm splitting my time between this and Baldur's Gate 3. But so far this has been pretty fun.

They let you respec your character, so having too many body mods wasn't a problem. Some of my quick hacks seem to have been simultaneously buffed and nerfed. Like one of my burning hacks used to affect up to three people if they were close enough together, basically making it an AoE. But now it only affects one enemy at a time. But uploads are drastically faster, like nearly instantaneous.

Overall, it's nice to be getting back into this.

Dake

Citizen
I'm mostly a one big game at a time type of person. This is because I'm terrible at mixing up control schemes between games - though I've always played CB'77 with keyboard and mouse, whereas I'm using my PS4 controller for Starfield, so it's not as big a deal. That being said, I'm waiting until the modders have a chance to catch up. I run a bunch of 'em and I figure might as well wait.

That and I'm honestly a little ... worried? Maybe? I've spent so much time with my V, the idea of having to rebuild her and figure stuff out again is a little daunting. I did a little road trip with her out to the edge of the world as sort of a goodbye tour prior to the updates.

Vmq3Cec.png

mQ96SL3.png

8txzoeS.png

ccFZoKl.png

Caldwin

Citizen
Now that I'm done with Baldur's Gate III and Tomb Taider, I can actually focus on this. I'm really glad I decided to shell out for Phantom Liberty. I respeced my old V rather than start a new one.

It's so much more than I thought it was going to be. I was just expecting new story line and new areas. But they've also added a good amount of new gigs and rewards. It's honestly like a whole new game. I'm absolutely loving it so far.

Caldwin

Citizen
Dang! There's a new ending with Phantom Liberty if you play your cards a certain way. But...uh...let's just say it's harshly bitter sweet.

V gets cured. But Johnny, worse than other endings where he goes beyond the blackwall, here just ceases to exist. The surgery leaves V unable to use chrome, making her unable to go back to her life as a merc. She was also in a coma for two years. So all of her friends have moved on and have no time for her, to various hurtful degrees.

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not sure if that counts as a good or bad ending. But it sounds really fitting for this universe.

Top Bottom