Cyberpunk 2020 (table top)

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
586416B0-7A71-4E08-9114-3A7B63DB0E5D.jpeg

So I got the table top RPG book off Amazon for $20. I mostly got it for the lore and the pictures. But if anyone would like to get a group together, I'm game.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
How complicated does it look? I might be interested if it's not a mountain of work to get into.

Caldwin

Citizen
I honestly haven't looked too deep into yet. I was waiting to see if there was any interest before committing the time to a deep dive.

Caldwin

Citizen
It's been busy lately. But I can look into character creation sometime and let you know the basics.

Caldwin

Citizen
There is a class that, in an OCD kinda way, absolutely must break down any tech in front of them and build new tech.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I absolutely break down any tech in front of me but I doubt much of it could be rebuilt into new tech.

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay. I don't want to write an entire book here. But I can give the basics to let you know how simple/complicated it could be.

First you choose your role which automatically gives you a special ability.

Rockerboy: Charismatic Leadership allows the rocker to sway crowds equal to his ability level squared, times 200

Solo: Combat Sense adds awareness checks making a solo the fastest reacting person to a situation

Netrunner: Interface reflects net runners ability to manipulate interface programs and can use menu functions while in the net (not sure what this is yet, but if Netrunner interests you, I'll definitely look it up for you.

Techie: Jury Rig. Temporarily repair or alter anything for 1D6 turns per skill level

Medtech: can perform major surgery and medical repairs

Media: Credibility - People believe what you're saying while in your on-air persona

Cop: Authority - Intimidate or control others through your position as a law man.

Corporate: Resources - ability to command corporation resources. It's used as a persuasion skill based on the scale of resources requested

Fixer: Streetdeal - ability to locate people, information, etc. You have connections on the street

Nomad: Family - call in as many family members to aid him as his current Family Ability level X 2

The book goes on to flavor how each role typically views life, how other view them

What you need to roll for your character sheet.

You roll 9D10 (one for each stat), re-rolling any score that's 2 or less.
2 pts - very week
3-4 pts - weak
5-7 pts - average
8-9 pts - Strong
10 pts - very strong

Intelligence (INT) Problem solving

Reflexes (REF) dexterity, physical coordination, driving, piloting, fighting, athletics

Cool (CL) How you stand up to stress, fear, pressure, pain/torture

Technical Ability (TECH) how well you use and repair technology

Luck (LK) You have a certain number of points per session to sway rolls (it will have to be determined what constitutes a session for online play)

Attractiveness (ATT) important to media and rocker boys

Movement Allowance (MA) How fast you can run, jump

Empathy (EM) How well you lead, convince, perceive emotion. (VERY IMPORTANT) Multiply your EM by 10 to determine your humanity. You lose humanity for things like getting cybernetic enhancements/replacements. You to one EM point for every 10 humanity points you lose. If you lose all of your empathy, you go cyber-psycho and your character becomes an NPC.

Body Type (BT) Strength, Endurance, Constitution. You can carry up to 10x your BT in kg. You roll 1D10 for saves (Stun or Death saves). You must roll equal or lower than you BT or fail the save.

All of your abilities come from those 9 stats.

Now there are things that the book suggests rolling dice for: hairstyle, ethnicity, family ranking, parents alive/dead, siblings, whether siblings like you, love life...

I'll look through all of that more in depth, but it looks rather simple. Book is suggesting die roll for all of these. Not sure how important that is. Like I said, I'll look into it, but I"m leaning more towards just letting the players determine that.

You have Carreer skills (40 points to distribute among 9 career skills determined by your role and 1 special ability which I will go over with you individually)
You have Pickup skills (add REF and INT together for point for these)
Honest, these will make more sense when I'm able to show you a sample character sheet. Promise.

It really is simple when you look at it. You have your basic stats which come from the initial 9D10 rolls. The skills are easy to figure and will make sense when you see the character sheets. The rest will be on me to read up on and fill you in as we go.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hmm, the more I read into this, the more complicated it starts to get. Like with how much starting money you get, a whole catalogue of weapons, armor, special equipment, gear.

Like, it wouldn't be a problem if everyone had their own book. But things get pretty customizable to the point I really would have to write an entire book just to let you know all your choices and how they affect your build.

Plus this is more and more putting me into the position of a GM, a position I have never been comfortable in. Soooooooo, I hope I didn't build any hopes, but I'm getting reeeeally cold feet with this.

Kaon

I still can't play this game without it crashing. My computer is as up to date and it still won't play. This game has way too many glitches for it to be enjoyable.

Caldwin

Citizen
Oh...that's 2077. Maybe I could make another thread for that. 2020 is the second edition of the tabletop game the videogame is based on.

Top Bottom