Customs Customizing Armada Unicron

Alpha Omicron

Citizen
Seeing images of Haslab Unicron everywhere has made me pull my Armada Unicron out of mothballs and do what I could to make it more cartoon accurate, more like Haslab. Of course, Armada will NEVER compare to Haslab. But, with Haslab currently going for around $2,500. I'm not likely to be able to afford him any time soon. So, we work with what we have, right? I've ordered some custom 3-d printed teeth for him, as pictured. I painted his rings orange by hand to match, and covered that with clear coat. Then, I painted his shell "seaside blue". It's like an aqua blue. I'm thinking of painting over the very front of the shell (under the detail line) a grayish blue. I'd like your honest opinion. How does he look?

P1300003.JPG
P1300003a.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Have you considered buying either the Takara or Hasbro "cartoon colours" version of the Armada mold? They might still be cheaper than the recent Hasbro version?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I've got the Takara version, but part of one of his wings for broken in the big earthquake we had several years ago. Now I'm looking for a cheap donor part (from any version of the Armada university mold) .

Top Bottom