Conspiracy lunatic thread - people who believe in absurd nonsense are dangerous

Nevermore

Citizen
We need a dedicated thread to track the ongoing absurdities some people believe in.

Here's one: A QAnon supporter claimed that Pizzagate was real, and that "cheese pizza", or "CP" for short, was code for "child p***".

A) Who actually says "cheese pizza"?
B) How does this person know this?
C) Which conspiracy uses code words that are this simple to decypher for simpletons? The real world isn't like a Hollywood movie where clues are blatant enough for the audience to figure them out.

Last edited:

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Pizzagate was pre-Qanon wasn't it? The original trail of it was kind of a wild thing too because if i recall right it stemmed from rumors that the FBI investigation into Anthony Wiener had data indicating that the Clintons were flying on Epsteins sex plane and then the story just mutated due to bots and human nonsense until it went viral and some dude who legitimately thought it was a real thing tried to go save some kids.

As for A) I mean a lot of people? and for C) I mean.. 4chan was able to convince people that the only reason you would ever make the circle game handsign was if you were trying to signal that you were a white supremacist because the fingers kinda sorta look like a W and P. People still believe that to this day despite 70% of the ADL's page on the sign being dedicated to "this almost never is the case"

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
It was a result of Wikileaks publishing a collection of John Podesta's emails that had been obtained via hacking, and people frantically looking through said emails for evidence that the Clintons were up to something. Thanks, Wikileaks!

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
C) Which conspiracy uses code words that are this simple to decypher for simpletons? The real world isn't like a Hollywood movie where clues are blatant enough for the audience to figure them out.

That's the thing... a good portion of these people want to believe they're in a Hollywood film and -they're- the protagonist(or at least the sidekick). It's the same reason that certain crowds tried to turn "NPC" into an insult. They can't handle the thought that the universe doesn't revolve around them and see this as their way to fight against being "a cog in the machine"

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
If I ever get a YouTube channel, my signoff is gonna be "Question everything, especially people who tell you to question everything."

Nevermore

Citizen
One of the current big conspiracy theories is the so-called "replacement theory" that has been popular among right-wing white supremacists in Europe for a while now, and is apparently now gaining traction in the US. The story goes like this: There is a deliberate political agenda to "replace" the existing populace - which means YOU - with new people (read: them filthy immigrants) because they're more "obedient" and easier to control. It's racist, and it's patently absurd.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
So are they obediant drones or harden criminals? Seems like they cant keep a coherant narrative as to why immigrants are bad.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
There was never a good reason to begin with, but they're so far down the rabbit hole now that backing out is unthinkable.

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
I'm going to say it again and I don't care if someone doesn't like it. There is only one race on the planet Earth and that is Humanity. Until we understand that, idiots like this will still keep winning.

NovaSaber

Citizen
No matter how dangerous you think conspiracy theories are, you're probably underestimating them.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
So it didn't happen this time, we got our date wrong.... We'll get back with the Q lord and get a clear date next time. We guarantee it.....

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Q posts are mostly gibberish. It's entirely left for prophets to interpret. So the interpretations can be wrong every time without the sacred texts ever being wrong.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Best part about all this isn't that these nuts actually expected JFK Jr. to still be alive...but that he'd be Republican. And being a Republican in 1999 was shameful enough to make him fake his own death in the first place.

Top Bottom