Conspiracy lunatic thread - people who believe in absurd nonsense are dangerous

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
May that man spend the rest of his life hawking survival gear and supplements to morons with the funds going direct to the Sandy Hook families.
No. he's already declared bankruptcy in an attempt to hide his value. I hope the judge hands hands his everything to an auditor to pay out the families, and he goes to prison for fraud, perjury, and literally anything and everything they can pin on him.

Giving him an outlet despite this verdict is just validating what he's doing. He and everyone like him needs to be shown that there are indeed limits to free speech, and no limits to responsibility.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
No ads for boner pills. No plugs for t-shirts...Just Legal commentary that you won't see on MSM concerning the verdict and events surrounding the Alex Jones Sandy Hook trial.
I didn't see a recent thread where this applied other than a clearly biased one where the topic openly states the dangers of "Conspiracy Lunatics"...but in the spirit of being a good citizen here, and keeping things tidy, I'm not creating an alt-thread and am looking forward to openly, calmy, rationally, and respectfully discussing what his lawyers lay out.

Constitutional Lawyer, Robert Barnes, Responds To Alex Jones Verdict​

Norm Pattis Responds To Alex Jones Verdict In Texas​

And here's one from a random guy who saw me wearing an InfoWars t-shirt and yelled out "Free Alex Jones" at me the weekend Alex was de-platformed by multiple big tech companies in one fell swoop.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And I'm looking forward to you being banned immediately for bringing that shit in here. No I'm not going to watch those videos. The man straight-up claimed that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged and that no one actually died that day. You either believe that, and you are a monster who should be thrown into a vat of acid, or you believe that Jones is a monster who should be thrown into a vat of acid for saying it.

End of discussion.

EDIT: Also Jones has admitted under oath that he doesn't even believe his own garbage so there's that, if you care.

Last edited:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Well, she IS the Jewish Space Lasers lady. She'd be kinda funny and sad, if she wasn't a voting member of congress.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
"And I'm looking forward to you being banned immediately for bringing that shit in here. No I'm not going to watch those videos. The man straight-up claimed that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged and that no one actually died that day. You either believe that, and you are a monster who should be thrown into a vat of acid, or you believe that Jones is a monster who should be thrown into a vat of acid for saying it.

End of discussion.

EDIT: Also Jones has admitted under oath that he doesn't even believe his own garbage so there's that, if you care.
A vat of acid? Banned for posting the other side of a debate? Right. I'm the dangerous one. Thanks for proving my point.

Anyone else want to have a go at a civil conversation without threats and hate speech?

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Dude, just hit the eject button. This won't end in your favor.
No.
Why is the answer always suppression or peer pressure bent bullying in this forum?
This is a message board with fantastic features that allow me to be filtered out of one's personal feed if one is offended by posts. That simple. To suggest I be banned for my opinion when I'm being entirely polite, just shows where the issue is. It isn't a lack of credibility or conviction on my part. It's a lack of belief in one's own stance...especially when the cognitive dissonance is so strong one can't watch a video before calling for the removal, (and death) of it and the person who posted it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
A vat of acid? Banned for posting the other side of a debate? Right. I'm the dangerous one. Thanks for proving my point.

Anyone else want to have a go at a civil conversation without threats and hate speech?
What debate? What "other side"?

Jones got hit with a multimillion dollar lawsuit (and lost) because he propagated the LIE that Sandy Hook was a fake event, staged to fuel gun control legislation. Anyone from Sandy Hook who went public got labeled (by Jones and his sycophants) as actors lying on public television. Because people believed him, victims and survivors of that shooting found themselves harassed, ostracized, and even threatened with bodily harm or death.
And that's on TOP of the trauma of the school shooting to begin with!

Until the lawsuits started, Alex Jones never retracted or apologized for his statements. As far as I know, he never did such on his Infowars show at all, even after the suits started. Those "legal commentary" are just throwing out anything to try and blur the reality that Jones said lies, stood by those lies for YEARS, and making statements of falsehood CAN be grounds for legal action.
Any material of his that was turned over to the Jan 6 committee was stuff JONES' OWN LAWYER submitted to the official record.

So, tell me, what "other side" is there to this situation?

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Here's one that is entirely neutral and honestly, a bit concerning to me regarding the information "Accidentally" turned over by Alex's counsel. Something neither Barnes or Pattis addressed.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
I'm so amused by the fact that you think there's a way you can defend what Alex Jones did and come out looking like the good guy.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
What debate? What "other side"?

Jones got hit with a multimillion dollar lawsuit (and lost) because he propagated the LIE that Sandy Hook was a fake event, staged to fuel gun control legislation. Anyone from Sandy Hook who went public got labeled (by Jones and his sycophants) as actors lying on public television. Because people believed him, victims and survivors of that shooting found themselves harassed, ostracized, and even threatened with bodily harm or death.
And that's on TOP of the trauma of the school shooting to begin with!

Until the lawsuits started, Alex Jones never retracted or apologized for his statements. As far as I know, he never did such on his Infowars show at all, even after the suits started. Those "legal commentary" are just throwing out anything to try and blur the reality that Jones said lies, stood by those lies for YEARS, and making statements of falsehood CAN be grounds for legal action.
Any material of his that was turned over to the Jan 6 committee was stuff JONES' OWN LAWYER submitted to the official record.

So, tell me, what "other side" is there to this situation?
Did you watch at least the first two videos? Obviously not, because much of those questions were addressed therein. 20 minutes TOTAL coverage on an event that happened a decade ago. Well past what should have been statute of limitations for a defamation suit, AND NO REQUEST FOR RETRACTION until right before the suit.

He DID retract....He DID apologize, and because it doesn't confirm your bias doesn't make anything I've posted less valid As a matter of fact....
Because people believed him, victims and survivors of that shooting found themselves harassed, ostracized, and even threatened with bodily harm or death.
If that's the standard, shouldn't this be just as egregious?
You either believe that, and you are a monster who should be thrown into a vat of acid, or you believe that Jones is a monster who should be thrown into a vat of acid for saying it.
Meets every standard you set for Jones's sycophants.

The other side? This boils down to free speech and censoring dissenting opinion,(but I established that two posts ago). The closing arguments by the Plaintiffs' counsel said it all. "Shut down Alex jones and anyone like him." However, I'll not hold my breath for any of CNN's anchors personal data to be spread to illegitimate Congressional committees for what they did to the Covington kids....Or anyone here call for Brian Stelter's acid bath.

Well....I am Alex Jones.

Last edited:

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
I'm so amused by the fact that you think there's a way you can defend what Alex Jones did and come out looking like the good guy.
Not nearly as funny as watching people who are CONDITIONED to melt down over something that happened a decade ago....not really knowing the whole story and reacting with the same solution they condemn...Should I subpoena all the threads and comments that mention the Covington kids here? HMMMM..... "Bobby" Barnes represented them successfully...might mention this forum to him...

Edit - Not that I would, because I believe in your right to express your opinion without believing in it personally.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Did you watch at least the first two videos? Obviously not, because much of those questions were addressed therein. 20 minutes TOTAL coverage on an event that happened a decade ago. Well past what should have been statute of limitations for a defamation suit, AND NO REQUEST FOR RETRACTION until right before the suit.

He DID retract....He DID apologize, and because it doesn't confirm your bias doesn't make anything I've posted less valid As a matter of fact....

The other side? This boils down to free speech and censoring dissenting opinion,(but I established that two posts ago). The closing arguments by the Plaintiffs' counsel said it all. "Shut down Alex jones and anyone like him." However, I'll not hold my breath for any of CNN's anchors personal data to be spread to illegitimate Congressional committees for what they did to the Covington kids....Or anyone here call for Brian Stelter's acid bath.
Alex Jones only issued an apology when faced with legal action, and I can't find any information he did so on his show. It doesn't change the fact he spent YEARS spreading the falsehood about the Sandy Hook shooting. It doesn't change that victims and families where suffering harassment right up to the trial.
In fact, of all the retractions I've found, they've ONLY come after threat of legal action. It has always been falsehoods he shouldn't have been promoting to begin with.

It's not about free speech or censoring. Jones is more than free to say whatever he wants. But it doesn't absolve him of consequence of what he says, nor does it guarantee him a platform on private companies to host his content.
He and his lawyer are trying to play that angle to distract from the fact he's built a career on lies and now he's actually getting called out for consequences of that.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Alex Jones only issued an apology when faced with legal action, and I can't find any information he did so on his show. It doesn't change the fact he spent YEARS spreading the falsehood about the Sandy Hook shooting. It doesn't change that victims and families where suffering harassment right up to the trial.
In fact, of all the retractions I've found, they've ONLY come after threat of legal action. It has always been falsehoods he shouldn't have been promoting to begin with.

It's not about free speech or censoring. Jones is more than free to say whatever he wants. But it doesn't absolve him of consequence of what he says, nor does it guarantee him a platform on private companies to host his content.
He and his lawyer are trying to play that angle to distract from the fact he's built a career on lies and now he's actually getting called out for consequences of that.
Years? The evidence submitted BY THE PLAINTIFFS added to +/- 20 minutes. Again, you admittedly don't watch him regularly. You don't know what you speak of. This will all go to appeal and, possibly the Supreme Court before its over.
Also, the privately held platform argument is ridiculous on the platforms I mentioned. They effectively have become the public square now and slowly politicized and persecuted those again, with dissenting opinion. Personally, I believe Marsh V Alabama (1946) destroys this part of your argument. Either that, or the civil rights act, as it limited and regulated private business is unconstitutional. Can't have it both ways no matter how hard some people try.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
To be sure, Jones' lawyers are terrible at their jobs to such an extent that it should probably be looked into. Was it really an accident? He's such a hateable guy that I could honestly see them going "Yeah, this is worth risking our jobs over, this time." It's what I would have done, and that's exactly why I could never be a lawyer. As much as we joke about how evil lawyers are and how the world would be better without them, they do have a civic responsibility to find as much evidence to support their side of the case as possible, and present it as well as possible. Hell, prosecutors refusing to do their jobs properly is the entire reason murderous cops get let off so often, and poor people being unable to afford real lawyers and having to rely on public defenders who are in the pockets of the establishment is why they tend to get maximum sentences over the pettiest crimes. This is known.

If there's one thing I really want Legal Eagle to do a video on, it's this. I want to know why this is not already grounds for a mistrial, what consequences his lawyers could face (disbarment?), if there are laws against intentionally sabotaging your own case, etc.

But instead you chose to lead with "Alex Jones is an innocent victim of the Big Bad Literally Everyone Else in the Media and here are videos from his own YouTube channel as proof" ... yeah, proof that you're deep into the cult yourself and part of the very problem that made this thread necessary in the first place.

Top Bottom