Come Mister Taliban, Tally Me Banana

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
The truth to any country in Islamic held territory. Anyone who's actually tying to make a decent place for anyone over there eventually is going to get ran over by backwards thinking extremists because their religion tells them they have every right to be shitty to everyone else outside their sect. At least that's the gist I always seem to get. The Taliban better hope China or Russia wants to fund their butts because they won't be getting the same ammount of aid we were giving them anymore.... At least I hope. We do have a history of backing the wrong guys at times.
That seems accurate. They cannot move process beyond what their religion allows. That includes banning art, music, movies, math, science, medicine, civil rights and acknowledging the existence of women. They are stuck in a situation that prevents them from adapting to change and inventing things of their own. They are reliant on other nations developing things and hopefully importing their unwanted tech. There are stories about how Taliban fighters were amazed when they entered Kabul and seen strip malls for the first time and chairs with cushioning.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
At times? During the cold war I'd argue it was MOST of the time. We backed the Taliban's fight against the Soviets after all.

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
....chairs with cushioning....nani the hug?
I was surprised as well. That is what the report I read said at least. That when the fighters took over the capitol they never seen luxuries such as that and asked to stay. I guess since they lived in more remote rural areas they didn't have such commodities. I wonder if that is why they are so accepting of barbaric rules because their lives have so little to offer in return? If they spent their whole live in a cave maybe it makes sense to them that women stay in the caves to be safe. If you have a club, you club people.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's surprising because when the Taliban took the presidential palace several of them could be seen taking pictures with their smartphones.

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
I'm not sure how that works. I guess everyone has a phone now. Do they even have a power grid and cell towers in those remote parts of Afghan? I remember hearing a story when America first invade Afghan that the Taliban had a computer but didn't know how to turn it on.

Sprint, providing coverage for terrorist organizations in the Middle-East since 2001. "Because who else is going to buy our service plan?"

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Oh gasp. Long term, military, economic and cultural oppression of disparate groups across an entire world is a BAD IDEA.

And while we're at it: water is wet, the sky used to be blue, and sugar causes obesity.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And yet the same former officials will still be asked for their opinion on the next thing. And there will still be some reason why the critics who were right all along don't count.

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
Critics are usually just people playing coach from the stands. The former officials made some critical mistakes, for their sake, I hope the new officials learn from those mistakes.

Top Bottom