Collecting Tobots - An alternative to Transformers

Kaon

So I have been looking at Tobots (Yes I am aware they are not Transformers) and these toys actually look better than some Transformers figures and I am kinda interested in collecting them.

I was wondering if any of you guys collect them?

mx-01 archon

Citizen
I like the looks of some of them, but they're a bit too pricey to get a hold of for just a passing fancy.

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

it's EPIC, in MY mind...
Citizen
interesting... looks like a decent amount of engineering went into them and a fair amount of articulation... maybe it's my use of convertors in my comic but these do remind me of that old toyline.

Blot

Citizen
They're pretty large, so that's a reason for the high cost too. Still, unique enough designs, other than that one toy that's literally "we bootlegged Cybertron Evac shhhh don't tell".

Noip

I'll think of something later.
Citizen
I like the Paragon because of the interesting vehicle mode.

Arvegtor

Citizen
Tobots are, by the way, not the only line of transforming robots made by YoungToys. There are also such toys (and cartoons, if that's something you're interested in) as GeoMecha (animal to robot to basic shape for storage; the combination ability is also there) and Metalions (most of them don't transform on their own, but still combine into different humanoid robots). Even Monkart has this element in a very unusual form - small monsters controlled by swords of their owners and manifesting transforming exosuits to participate in racing games (but the toys themselves are close to BotShots and Angry Birds Transformers in functionality and design).

Dake

Citizen
Shouldn't this thread be in "General"? They are pretty neat looking though.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Ive not been able to pull the trigger on Tobot, but I have bought a Hello Carbot from Sonokong and was fairly impressed. Their micro/mini line is fairly comparable to the old legend/legion size class.

Dvandom

Citizen
I got Tobot Mach W in two color schemes from Wish a while back. Decent Rescue-Bots-ish toys albeit with a little more articulation. Haven't gotten any of the bigger ones (did get a really crappy KO of one of the combiners when I'd ordered something else entirely).

---Dave

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
DnPnivv.jpg

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Oh heck, there's a space shuttle.
Now I have a (mini) space shuttle! Feels like sort of a "missing link" between RB and RID15, filtered through more of a Japanese super robot aesthetic (he specifically looks like a Megazord to me but I think that's just my own unfamiliarity with the wider genre talking). I'm a big fan of how all his parts snap together very satisfyingly for vehicle mode.

DeltaSeeker

Citizen
I think they look pretty good, but definitely pricey. I picked this little guy a few years ago, since it's the only transforming Kia Soul they have that scales anywhere close to Transformer scales.

TobotXMiniAdventure.jpg

SG_Roadbuster

Citizen
tumblr_e721e459b8e4319d5fc9cc109a03aa01_20dbd670_2048.jpg
tumblr_6fef3d76b71ccb48716bbb81de435907_7d33e72b_2048.jpg

Ok, so these are the 3 i have, and I adore them for different reasons.
Metron: absolute Unit. We seldom get Trains in Transformers and when we do its never basic commuter trains.
Classic: a ye olde timey roadster that turns into a fancy bastard with a cape. Hells yeah, sign me up.
Leo Kaiser: he looks like the illegitimate lovechild of Gaogaigar and a Muscle Car, and I love him for it.

RichardT519

Citizen
The toys look interesting (in a good way). The animation art makes me think someone tried to cross Rescue Bots with Paw Patrol.

Top Bottom