Climate change (because it's still political for some reason)

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I didn't see another catch-all thread for climate change, so here's mine. Here's Bill Nye to tell us how fucked we are (again)...

Nevermore

Citizen
Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
Every ******* day I grow more and more convinced that we need to violently and mercilessly overthrow the government and throw every last ratfucker who voted for this shit into jail for the rest of their worthless lives.

NovaSaber

Citizen
https://gizmodo.com/legislation-boycott-fossil-fuels-texas-1849002428

The Texas law that seeks to stop companies from being mean to fossil fuels is getting popular—even if its execution and implications are still murky. States across the country are looking at adopting similar bills to one passed in Texas that forbids the state from doing business with any institutions that “boycott” fossil fuels.

The original bill was passed last year, but its enforcement mechanisms are just now coming into play. The bill instructs the Texas comptroller to create a list of businesses that “boycott” fossil fuels. It’s unclear what exactly qualifies a “boycott” or how the state plans on cutting ties with financial institutions, banks, and other companies it deems aren’t being nice enough to Big Oil. The bill was modeled after a separate bill that banned the state from doing business with any entity that did not support Israel; that law has been blocked by judges twice since its passage in 2017.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I don't know if economics even has a word for "government being so in bed with specific corporations that it outright forces you to buy from them", but we've reached that point.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Frankly, I don't think she cares if people die in heat waves. She didn't care that people were dying of COVID, after all.

Top Bottom