The Cheesecake Bakery

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
We don't do White Day. I usually buy her presents and stuff and she cooks me stuff. I just got her a large bouquet of red roses and paid for her Korean food (see food thread) last week.
Ah.
With my Nikkei ex (the daughter of landed immigrants from Japan), I did do White Day, but fairly simply -- a cookies-and-white chocolate bar, for example. V-Day was the bigger event but I think she enjoyed a second reason for chocolate.

Also, I'm a coffee person mainly.
So too, as it turns out, is Monika, but inviting her to a kaffeeklatsch might not be a good idea, despite her knowing a great many topics that one might discuss....

tumblr_p2prtlZ9XC1wt7ek9o1_1280.jpg

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
People were anxiously awaiting tec's return....

...but now that he's back, no follow up?

Well... (checks calendar)

Time to show some appreciation! So here's JuliaStunts to show us a sampling of the things women are expected to do, as only Spy x Family does them. Sometimes backwards and in inconvenient uniforms.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Got a bit of a Scarlett Johansson vibe from that set.

Which means it's probably time to talk about why we don't talk about Scarlett Johansson....

I like to think I'm fairly mellow these days, when it comes to "going with the flow" with films.
But...

I have NEVER left a film as angry as I did with Ghost in the Shell.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I'm a bit surprised that tec didn't do the Easter post first.

Well, before we get inundated with ears and fishnets, does anyone mind if I started this time?
rypplifflds41.png

(One cupcake, two cheesecakes and a cinnamon bun, with an Easter basket! Everyone brush well after all this sweetness....)

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Screenshot_20240406-085055.png

(Apparently Greater Tokyo experienced a delayed bloom, so it will be interesting to see how things go.

In my city the trees have been going quite well for some time, and there have been a few tourists taking pictures along various streets. I'll have to see if I have any pictures of my own to submit....)

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I miss the cherry trees. I planted a Higgins Cherry (basically like a weeping willow) in our front yard, but due to crap weather, the last few years it hasn't had many flowers. :(

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
View attachment 20425

(Apparently Greater Tokyo experienced a delayed bloom, so it will be interesting to see how things go.

In my city the trees have been going quite well for some time, and there have been a few tourists taking pictures along various streets. I'll have to see if I have any pictures of my own to submit....)
My park next to my flat might have some in bloom. We're having a hanami party next weekend. However, we had a cheeky visit today and saw the blossoms.

IMG_20240407_141929_PANO.jpg

IMG_20240407_132406.jpg

IMG_20240407_132359.jpg

IMG_20240407_132344.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom