Can't upload Animated Gif

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Usually, as as it's not too big, uploading an animated gif is fine. However, today, the following problems occurred, one after the other:

- Uploading a regular jpg/png resulted in an error message.
- Reloading the page resulted in the uploaded image displaying as having been uploaded (but not displayed in the post).
- Uploading a subsequent animated gif resulted in the animated gif displaying and animating while uploading, but then it uploaded fully as a static image, with an animated "cursor" blinking to the right of the image (where the "cursor" would show where to type text on my phone, usually shown next to any uploaded images).

Can anyone help please?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Megatron Toothy Grin.gif

Above is the animated gif. It won't animate. Thre's no error message to say it's too big, etc.

However, the gif DOES seem to animate. The cursor/side of the image flashes white, to the same pattern and timing of the two frames of animation in the original gif.

See the screenshot below.

Screenshot_20230328-210856.jpg

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not sure. I'd have to see the original image I suppose. But it sounds like if that's the only gif not working it's likely to be something wrong with the image.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm not sure. I'd have to see the original image I suppose. But it sounds like if that's the only gif not working it's likely to be something wrong with the image.
The gif itself uploaded fine to a gif hosting site but it seems that other animated gifs I've attempted just now upload fine.

Top Bottom