Can't edit Threads

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
EVERY time I've tried to edit the first post at my thread, the post becomes scrambled. If I copy and paste the original post (edited in a word processor), only a fraction of the text appears. If I try to remove the "quote" or other tags, they don't get removed. I've tried changing the editing to html/plain by pressing "[ ]" but NOTHING works. The site even bugged out and made me edit the post below the one I am wanted.

What the HELL is wrong with this site? I'm REALLY frustrated. Please help.

This is this link:

- https://www.allspark.com/forums/threads/the-knock-off-transformers-thread.134/

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It seems that it's the quotation tags that cause no end of problems here. If ANY are included, they create a "phantom" set at the end of the post, causing the whole post to become one giant quote, even if they're repeatedly removed in edits. The ONLY way I could "fix" my post/thread was to remove ALL QUOTE tags from it (even though they were formatted correctly).

Screenshot_20220801-191319.jpg

It would seem that this site has a bug involving the use of (more than one?) quote in any given post...

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
EVERY time I've tried to edit the first post at my thread, the post becomes scrambled. If I copy and paste the original post (edited in a word processor), only a fraction of the text appears. If I try to remove the "quote" or other tags, they don't get removed. I've tried changing the editing to html/plain by pressing "[ ]" but NOTHING works. The site even bugged out and made me edit the post below the one I am wanted.

What the HELL is wrong with this site? I'm REALLY frustrated. Please help.

This is this link:

- https://www.allspark.com/forums/threads/the-knock-off-transformers-thread.134/

It seems that it's the quotation tags that cause no end of problems here. If ANY are included, they create a "phantom" set at the end of the post, causing the whole post to become one giant quote, even of they're repeatedly removed in edits. The ONLY way I could "fix" my post/thread was to remove ALL QUOTE tags from it (even though they were formatted correctly).

View attachment 8110

It would seem that this site has a bug involving the use of (more than one?) quote in any given post...

I'm not sure what's happening here. Could you provide screenshots of what you see in the editor before it adds those extra quote tags? The editor will add tags at the end of a post to close anything that's left open, but if you're not leaving anything open and it's adding those end tags anyway then something mysterious is happening here.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm not sure what's happening here. Could you provide screenshots of what you see in the editor before it adds those extra quote tags? The editor will add tags at the end of a post to close anything that's left open, but if you're not leaving anything open and it's adding those end tags anyway then something mysterious is happening here.

I can't now, as I've "fixed" the thread. However, I removed each and every single rogue quote tag and they STILL came back at the end.

Another extremely frustrating "feature" of this site is that copying and pasting any text removes ALL the paragraphs, creating an almost solid wall of text that needs to be edited within the site to look normal again.

Top Bottom