Canon/Transformers Collaboration

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
If they aren't functional cameras, I kinda don't understand why they transform like they are? What's the point of preserving the central lens/shutter area if it's just dead space? I would think they could get a much better-proportioned robot than what we are seeing. It really makes me wonder if they weren't planned to be semi-functional originally.

Regardless, I would buy one for the oddity of it if they were less expensive. I hope they don't do a Nikon next, or I might be forced to buy 2.

Shadewing

Citizen
If they aren't functional cameras, I kinda don't understand why they transform like they are? What's the point of preserving the central lens/shutter area if it's just dead space? I would think they could get a much better-proportioned robot than what we are seeing. It really makes me wonder if they weren't planned to be semi-functional originally.

Regardless, I would buy one for the oddity of it if they were less expensive. I hope they don't do a Nikon next, or I might be forced to buy 2.

Yeah the whole 'torso is still a whole camera' bit is the other half of why I felt it should be a functional camera. Because I might actually pay titan class prices for a transforming camera that actually took pictures. Like even if it's not much better then an average cell phone camera; I'd still buy it for the actual novelty of a real working camera that transforms.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So non functioning and not to scale.

So even if you're a camera collector there's not really any point to these, nor any reason for them to look like that. Did Canon engineer the transformation?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

I would assume, like the other "collaboration" TT Transformers, it was to promote the brand/product. Thus, they have kept the product and brand features at the forefront of even the bot mode, regardless of how gimped it might look.

Optimus Prime - Collaboration Figures.png

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Did the first ones even come out yet?
Yes, Optimus arrived for me, via Amazon Japan, last week. I think there were some promotional ones sent to legitimate Japanese YouTubers, such as Wotafa, a few months ago, then there might have been some (official) Hasbro Asia releases reviewed and then the rest of us plebs got them from either Takara-Tomy Mall, Amazon Japan or possibly other Japanese shops.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Yes, Optimus arrived for me, via Amazon Japan, last week. I think there were some promotional ones sent to legitimate Japanese YouTubers, such as Wotafa, a few months ago, then there might have been some (official) Hasbro Asia releases reviewed and then the rest of us plebs got them from either Takara-Tomy Mall, Amazon Japan or possibly other Japanese shops.

Can Op do selfies? 😁

I'm passing on this, not really my sort of thing

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Figure Image Canon x Transformers Nemesis Prime R5 (12)__scaled_600.jpg

Nemesis Prime seems to come with a remolded head, a "Dead Matrix" and perhaps that's about it for the differences.

I just checked my Optimus and it seems that the Matrix was remolded to include two extra/longer "pegs" that can then slot into Optimus's hands. These look like extra "wings" on the sides of the Matrix accessory.

Camera Prime (remolded matrix).jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom