Buzzworthy Bumblebee - the "everything goes" toyline

Nevermore

Citizen
Either way: I was under the impression that terrorsaur at least was a target exclusive.
Yes. In the US.

Target no longer exists in Canada. Hence, TRU.

No US retail chain, not even Walmart, gets exclusive worldwide rights to figures that include markets where those chains do not exist.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I still wasn't expecting it to show up locally because quebec typically does not GET store exclusives. The packaging usually violates the languages laws.

Nevermore

Citizen
I still wasn't expecting it to show up locally because quebec typically does not GET store exclusives. The packaging usually violates the languages laws.

The standard for all Hasbro Transformers toys since 2019 has been 5L packaging (English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese), including exclusives. If Quebec can get general retail figures without problem, there's nothing that prevents exclusives from being released there as well.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Well, yeah, that's obvious, but it's also really hard to overcome almost 40 years of getting fucked over. Some serious muscle memory there.

CrockAlley

Citizen
unUhLeA.jpg

phuGmIK.jpg

lK5Euou.jpg

PIamMmF.jpg

From Mark Maher's IG post:
For the Waruader Parasyte you have the alternate head that is linked to the Skywasp horrorcon prototype that was never released back in the day of beast wars.
How do you all interpret this? I can't stop dissecting it. To me, it sounds like the regular robot head was meant for Skywasp and by extrapolation, the mutant head is for Parasite, despite being packaged in the reverse.

For the Waruader Parasyte
Interesting that he calls it Parasite when the new toy is packaged as Skywasp.

the alternate head that is linked to the Skywasp horrorcon prototype
That prototype uses the Transmetal body, which only has the mutant-styled head. And also wasn't named Skywasp until the Collectors' Club. I think he must be conflating the CC's unreleased Parasite/Skywasp head with the unreleased Universe Horrorcon.

Anyway, this is my first experience with the Legacy Waspinator mold. It's okay, but the tabbing in both modes is finicky. Glad to have another Waruder, though.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
unUhLeA.jpg

phuGmIK.jpg

lK5Euou.jpg

PIamMmF.jpg

How do you all interpret this? I can't stop dissecting it. To me, it sounds like the regular robot head was meant for Skywasp and by extrapolation, the mutant head is for Parasite, despite being packaged in the reverse.

That prototype uses the Transmetal body, which only has the mutant-styled head. And also wasn't named Skywasp until the Collectors' Club. I think he must be conflating the CC's unreleased Parasite/Skywasp head with the unreleased Universe Horrorcon.

Anyway, this is my first experience with the Legacy Waspinator mold. It's okay, but the tabbing in both modes is finicky. Glad to have another Waruder, though.
I'm guessing Mark must be getting confused with the history of the figure. Not realizing the original was the Transmetal and that the BotCon figure was going to get a new head (but didn't) to sell overstock. Or he does but is changing things to make it so it fits the story he wants to tell to make it work.

Basically either head can be used for either Skywasp or Parasite at this point is what I get out of the history and marketing for it. :)

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
unUhLeA.jpg

phuGmIK.jpg

lK5Euou.jpg

PIamMmF.jpg

Anyone got a can of bug spray to hand?

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Doesn't get more "Anything goes" than an Earthmode Hound, finally.

I kinda want that Hatchet; but I Iove it when Transformers have non-standard robot modes.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm not sure about Hound, the paint job, isn't really selling it for me, I rather liked the Dark Green they used on the Siege verison, Hatchet, easy pass for me as I'm not really collecting the bayformers

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Definitely down for Earthmode Hound. I've been happy with the Siege version so far, but I was always hoping for Earth version.

Dake

Citizen
Never did get the Siege version of Hound (I would've happily snagged it as Detritus though), but this will likely finally supplant Classics Hound... pretty much the last Classics hold out in my display. End of an era.

Nevermore

Citizen
Since the person who first discovered the CG renders didn't state a source:

EDIT: Aaaaand they just removed them. Whoops.

EDIT 2: Haw haw haw.
Buzzworthy Studio.jpg

Last edited:

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Man, Hatchtet is horribly disappointing. Maybe hopefully the render is really off and the final toy has actual shoulders AND a more detailed head AND hides that back kibble better... but I kinda doubt it.

The Dreads are some of my favorite Movieverse designs, but Studio Series really dropped the ball on them.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I feel like Hound needed his grille sections painted to break up some of that green, but, assuming the alt-mode comes out well, I'll be like @Dake and finally retiring the last of my pre-WfC Autobot Cars. It really is a bittersweet notion.

Top Bottom