Buzzworthy Bumblebee - the "everything goes" toyline

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone, sorry for diverting the thread about "what is clearly the start of Hasbro releasing new figures of every Throttlebot and Deluxe Insecticon including Throttlebot (helicopter) and Beet Papil."

-ZacWilliam, Hey, let a guy who is still in the hospital six days later damn it dream. (I'm very ready to go home now...)

The Phazer

Citizen
I need Goldbug and Ransack. If I find it I'll probably keep the other two, they're not bad, they just wouldn't sell me the set.

Sadly I havnt even been able to look around here. Had a minor heart attack on Tuesday and have spent the whole week in the hospital getting a pacemaker installed and my body functional. :/ Have relatives keeping any eye out though.

-ZacWilliam, on the upside I'm sorta a cyborg now...

Hope you're doing better and make a swift recovery Zac.

Shadewing

Citizen
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone, sorry for diverting the thread about "what is clearly the start of Hasbro releasing new figures of every Throttlebot and Deluxe Insecticon including Throttlebot (helicopter) and Beet Papil."

-ZacWilliam, Hey, let a guy who is still in the hospital six days later damn it dream. (I'm very ready to go home now...)

Actually, if you're sounding that delirious, you might need to stay longer...

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I need Goldbug and Ransack. If I find it I'll probably keep the other two, they're not bad, they just wouldn't sell me the set.

Sadly I havnt even been able to look around here. Had a minor heart attack on Tuesday and have spent the whole week in the hospital getting a pacemaker installed and my body functional. :/ Have relatives keeping any eye out though.

-ZacWilliam, on the upside I'm sorta a cyborg now...
Get better soon! I'm glad that it seems like things were caught soon enough that you could get proper treatment. Hopefully you'll be able to go home soon to properly recuperate!

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen

Week long stays in the hospital really suck! I hope you're doing better and out soon.

Echowarrior

Citizen
On slightly better and more on-topic news, my hunt for the new releases was successful. I found both Terrorsaur and Dinobot on the shelves, and a clerk was able to find the four-pack in the back for me. I didn't even need to specify what I was looking for either, which was awesome.

But yes, I do hope that we get more of the Throttlebots and Deluxe Insecticons.

RichardT519

Citizen
Am I the only one who wonders why the Waspinator repaint was made into an insectoid Skywarp homage instead of Venom?

(and yes, I know G1 Venom was a cicada, but (a) I feel like the folks at 1980s Hasbro didn't realize that and assumed it was some kind of bee or wasp--that's what I did--and (b) a wasp actually is venomous)

MrBlud

Citizen
Am I the only one who wonders why the Waspinator repaint was made into an insectoid Skywarp homage instead of Venom?

(and yes, I know G1 Venom was a cicada, but (a) I feel like the folks at 1980s Hasbro didn't realize that and assumed it was some kind of bee or wasp--that's what I did--and (b) a wasp actually is venomous)

The Waspinator mold would look really incongruous with the other ones all being G1 Insecticons.

I hope they work some remold magic on Kickback for Venom eventually.

As a consolation, here’s what Wasp-Venom would probably look like care of some Botcon planning that didn’t wind up happening.
4E8D1699-80E2-4AD9-8B07-ADF03334B363.jpeg

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
087-16-0184 Here is the barcode too.

Attachments

• 6A7D7C68-A1A1-4E8C-BE59-4B64CE70BD58.jpeg
    6A7D7C68-A1A1-4E8C-BE59-4B64CE70BD58.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 88

Nevermore

Citizen
New 3-pack featuring re-releases of Cyberverse Warrior Class Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Cheetor:
Legacy-Metroplex-Cyberverse-Deluxe-3-pack-in-the-US.jpeg

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen

It's not like Skywasp was just made up for this set. He already existed beforehand.

The Waspinator mold would look really incongruous with the other ones all being G1 Insecticons.

I hope they work some remold magic on Kickback for Venom eventually.

As a consolation, here’s what Wasp-Venom would probably look like care of some Botcon planning that didn’t wind up happening.
View attachment 7766

Indeed. NightViper stated that the Generation 1 Venom idea was discarded from BotCon 2015 in favour of Universe Horrorcon Waspinator because Hasbro was thinking of doing their own mainline Venom (presumably named Venin for trademark) from Combiner Wars Bombshell as they had made Combiner Wars Chop Shop with the alternate head of Thrilling 30 Skrapnel.

Now, don't ask me why Hasbro of the T30 / CW era decided to give a rhinoceros beetle Bombshell body a cicada Venom head instead of a rhinoceros beetle Barrage head.

Alas, the bottom line is that Venom / Venin will probably suffer from body inaccuracy forever. I really hope I just predicted incorrectly, but the only other path I see is Hasbro doing a reasonable Venom toy which can also serve for a non-combining Cicadacon and DJ as Airazor was reused for a non-combining Skywarp.

Top Bottom