Bug bombs and your collection.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
My cats love the outdoors. After a routine visit to the vet, where the cats were treated with flea/tick medication, my wife thought it might be safe, (and good for them), to take them outside for walks / exploration. Unfortunately, after a month of this, we're starting to notice a problem in the house and my outside building where my collection / office is, (due to my cat hanging out with me). We bought sprays, carpet powder, and bombs., which I was considering anyway to keep from finding the occasional dead face hugger sized spider among my stored collection.

My question is, are foggers safe to use around your collection, or is there a potential for chemical reactions with the plastic causing degradation, discoloration, etc?
Are there ones that are safer than others, or more effective methods you've used? Getting ready to bomb the house, but thought I'd see if it's safe in my building, or if I should pursue other avenues.

Last edited:

Mat-Man

Citizen
It's been about 10 years or so since I last had to use bug bombs, but I haven't noticed any issues with any of my various pieces of plastic crack. But to be fair, I haven't much messed with any for a while now.

Top Bottom