BotCon 2022 Nashville, TN August 25-28

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You know, that is only like 5 hours from my house, I should really look into going.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Holy, mother--! 🤯

BIGGEST announcement YET!

qYGrJDR.jpg

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
1) Conventions are still a very questionable thing given the continued existence of COVID.

2) A lot of folks are pretty disillusioned with botcon given who they continue to be associated with And are uninterested because of that.

3) It’s too far away/expensive in the current economy and situation.

-ZacWilliam, I can only speak for my self of course but I’d check all three of the above.

robowang

Citizen
Wait, there are STILL people who won't gather because of covid? Like, for real?

I don't even see the announcement on the front page here...seems odd. I thought AS had Botcon news exclusive rights. I'd have thought that would be taken advantage of.

Maybe I should go to Botcon. I could potentially sit there and chat with Frank Welker and like five other people for hours if no one knows about it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
According to the Policies page for the recently revamped BotCon website, all convention-goers will have to attend with face coverings, per the request of the hotel hosting the event.

I don't even see the announcement on the front page here...seems odd. I thought AS had Botcon news exclusive rights. I'd have thought that would be taken advantage of.
Lately, it's just been the Allspark Discord that's been posting the BotCon-related news... in its exclusive BotCon channel.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
It's not the only reason, but after having spent '20 going to work and back while a plague was on and a good chunk of '21 recovering from surgery while the local environment had multiple apocalypses*, I'm keeping the fandom rebuilds local and online for the near term. Air travel to a convention isn't on the table.

I mean, my hat's off to people like WholeWheatPete (a Youtube anime cosplayer of some reknown) who are willing, able, and making the fun come back. It's just not a place I'm at right now.

*I used to joke about an adjoining suburb having a Hellmouth under it. I don't make those jokes anymore.

MrBlud

Citizen
Botcon just posted

“We will be revealing the first half of the official BotCon 2022 Convention Box Set this Tuesday.”

Which leaves me with a number of questions…

Echowarrior

Citizen
Given Hasbro isn't involved in this iteration of BotCon, odds are good that it's not that sort of official.

Gotten me curious, though.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
There will be BotCon exclusives, just not Transformers(TM) toys.

Transformers-related, perhaps (like aforementioned Wasp Raider), but nothing from Hasbro proper.

MrBlud

Citizen
See? I’m fairly certain it’s not going to be anything official but weird off-brand Joe stuff? Recolored 3rd Party Transformers? Other stuff still?

So many questions!

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
See? I’m fairly certain it’s not going to be anything official but weird off-brand Joe stuff? Recolored 3rd Party Transformers? Other stuff still?

So many questions!
Back when the Wasp Raider was announced (ages ago, now), we were promised that some exclusives would be transforming robots.

Ultimately, it depends on what partners are willing to work with them. We'll see.

Top Bottom