Avoid buying 3rd party from J5 Toyd

solarstorm

Citizen
Avoid doing business with a smaller toy seller called J5 Toys.

They had Magic Square Soundwave and Sideswipe for sale. $130 after shipping.

I see its been delivered two days ago. I received no package. Checked ring footage. Nothing.

Contactes UPS. They said it was "surepost" and to contact USPS, because they handle final delivery. USPS tracking shows it was delivered to mailbox in New York City. I live in Amsterdam, NY. I confirmed my order. I entered the correct info.

Chatted with owner. He denies responsibility. He "fulfilled the order" and take it up with shippers.

Now Im stuck trying to do a paypal claim.

This guy's a scumbag

solarstorm

Citizen
Rewriting:

Cant change the title name. Wouldnt say "avoid" now. Definitely dont use the chat window, though.

Backstory:
Ordered Magic Square Soundwave and Sideswipe from the J5 website. Sold out everywhere else, so I took a risk on a smaller store I never saw before. A week goes by and I check the tracking. Its been "delivered" days before. This makes no sense. I go through days of Ring footage to verify that nothing made it to my doorstep.

I click on the chat window on the website. Presumably, since its a smaller business, its the owner (it wasnt). The person I spoke to just said to take it up with the shipper. Not his problem. It was surepost, so it was shipped UPS 90% of the way snd USPS at the end. Both USPS and UPS saud they couldnt help me. It was delivered "successfully."

I double and triple checked everything and saw that they delivered it to New York City instead of Amsterdam, NY. J5's chat window continued to pass blame onto the shippers and said I must have entered it wrong. I confirmed, on the J5 website, that I entered the correct address. The chat became a bit more argumentative on both sides and the rep accused me of trying to scam a small business, and that he filed a claim with USPS and UPS... and if I was found to by lying "Id be in trouble"

Posted a negative review in TFW and the Allspark and opened a paypal dispute at that time.

The actual owner of J5 toys reached out to me, later that day, and said he'd try to source replacement. That I had spoken to a "sales rep" and that the mistake was on them. He could not secure a replacement, but was able to recover the original package from USPS. Apparently, the person in NYC who got my package was honest and didnt just take it. The owner shipped it to me again, verified he had the right address and everything came in today without an issue.

J5 toys is fine. This was just a shitty situation. And that sales rep can go f-himself with something big and sharp.

Top Bottom