Archival Thread

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Unlikely. Wayback has the article but the video is always broken.

If that particular station had a YouTube channel at the time you may be able to dig up the video.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Oh my! I found these on my Macbook Notepad. These would be before I did any final editing before actually posting on the boards. I think there's restrictions on how long posts can be here, so I'll try and do it one episode per post.

MMMystery on the Friendship Express.

Been a while since I've seen this one. Ought to be interesting.

You know...this whole thing could've been avoided if Big McIntosh had 'accidently' dropped the cake on the way to the train.

Wait a minute! Fluttershy was out for a leisurely flight? She hates flying!

Mr. Cake's faint count now at two!

And that's three!

Well, it starts off okay as far as the jerk levels are concerned. I mean, this looks like it's totally Pinkies show but everyone decided to chip in.

Seeing Doughnut Joe's description of his desert...the writer's seem to have a thing with "FOREVER!" don't they?

"I have you now." Hmm, even in the episodes where I like Pinkie's character, her inner sith still shows through.

Yikes! Someone really did a number on it. Poor Mr. and Mrs. Cake. All that work! These ponies are jerks.

"Having read many mystery novels I know...blah blah blah" because, you know...fictional mystery novels are such a great source of info for solving real life mysteries. Way to go, Twilight. Never change!

Berry Punch and Golden Harvest cameo!

Sorry, just not much to say here. So far it's just been imagination spots from Pinkie. Interesting, but not much to discuss.

Honestly! Can no one control themselves?

Pinkie...literally blew her top! Twilight is being just a tad bit condescending....just a tad.

So, Twilight's a condescending snob. Dash, Shy and Rarity all sabotaged months of hard work. Pinkie's friends are jerks! Honestly, Pinkie and Jack are the only two that weren't jerks. Think about that. I found an episode where even I have to admit that Pinkie is one of the very few that isn't a jerk. And yes, Pinkie forgave them waaaay too easily.

Of course, the bakers themselves are jerks too.

Yeah...umm...jumping to conclusions is the takeaway? Gotta agree with Fnu. That's not really my takeaway at all.

Well, at least this episode had Pinkie Pie in a good light, especially compared to her friends. That's kinda rare in Season 2.

Sorry I didn't really add much to the coversation. But it seems like y'all already covered most of it, and this just didn't give me much to really sink my teeth into like the last couple eps.

Caldwin

Citizen
Escape From Catrina

Okay, first time watching this one. So, deep breath and here I go.

Great! Recorded from a VCR with tracking problems. This is going to be pleasent!

Way to go, Sundance. Just ruined the sign and lost the ball...and trying to drown Moon Dancer. This Sundance is kind of a screw up isn't she? A regular one pony CMC.

Why are cats always villans? They get such a bad rap.

She tried to kill that poor tribble thing! Wow! 80's were dark.

So, is Megan coming to Dream Valley such a rarity that they celebrate everytime it happens?

And they have to introduce themselves? She doesn't know who they are? This probably is one good thing about G4. They reuse the same characters so they don't have to introduce everyone all the time.

Let's not take a nap? Isn't Megan supposed to be the responsible one?

Oh...well then...well played, Megan. Well played.

Oh...CATtrina...riiiiiight. Got it.

These bushwoolies back just about anyone who was the last to speak, don't they?

You know...I like cat anthros and all...villian or hero. But Tirek was so much more menacing.

Already with the rainbow? Please tell me this doesn't work? It's too soon!

Okay...well it saved the ponies, but Catrina's still alive. So...okay. Not quite as powerful as the EoH is it?

Hmm, a villian that used to be nice? I get the feeling this is going to be one of those redeemed villian eps.

So...is Sundance the G1 Derpy?

Aww! Sundance is crying. :(

Megan's giving the deus ex machina that is the only thing that can usually save the day to a baby as part of a dress up for a party? Megan's not too bright sometimes.

Wait a minute, wait a minute. Killing Baby Moondancer is going too far...but he was just fine when she was going to kill the bushwooly at the beginning? I mean, yeah, killing Moondancer would be a bad thing...but so would have killing the bushwooly. Why draw the line here?

Woah! This is dark on the hero's side of things. They're willing to let Catrina die if she doesn't promise to be good? I mean...I totally approve. Combat pragmatism for the win. Just...I wouldn't expect it from a kids show. You certainly wouldn't see Optimus Prime (G1 version, can't really speak on the others) doing this kind of thing.

Eeyup! Villian's redeemed.

Aww crap! Not the shoo be doo!

Yeah, good Catrina looks tons better than evil Catrina. Darn, my furry's acting up again!

Okay...this had a few moments of "dang! This is a kids show?" But really, it didn't have anywhere near the darkness of Rescue at Midnight Castle.

I was kinda thrown that it seemed like, aside from Megan, the cast here was totally different from Midnight Castle. Are we just hitting the specials and bypassing the regular series? Is there more in between these specials that would help explain things more?

Over all, I would've considered this a okay (not bad, not great) standard episode. But knowing this was supposed to be a special...I don't know. It just seemed kinda lack luster to me.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, it seems like everyone's amenable to my play-by-play wall of text. So, here we go.

Too Many Pinkie Pies

Okay, not sure who should take more blame here. Twilight was practicing a potentially dangerous spell out in public. But on the other hoof seeing as how she was keeping herself aimed squarely at a target right in front of her, I'm sure she thought she was safe in what she was doing. On the other hoof, she was in public and should have known that distractions are possible. On the other hoof, this is just one more incident of Pinkie Pie's manic behavior causing misery for others. Count 'em...four hooves!

And no one really seems to be too terribly concerned about the bird that's just had it's life completely turned upside down. Poor thing. I bet Fluttershy would have something to say about this.

You see, and here's another thing. This starts out as one of the reasons why I hate Pinkie sometimes. It starts out with her self-centered, well-being of others be damned, she wants what she wants personality. "Everyone will now bring their fun to me." But at least with this episode it doesn't try to spin it to make her look good. It shows that she has something to learn and by the end she has to deal with some really harsh consequences for it. So I guess the episode as a whole is good for at least doing what Luna Eclipsed, Friend in Deed and others didn't.

Okay, at this point I'm pinning it totally on Twilight. After the bird incident, she should have considered that maybe it would be safer to practice in private. That's two animals that are now turned into oranges. Flutters would have a conniption.

"The only way to pull something like that off is if there's more of you to go around." *facepalm* seriously...Twilight? Think of who you're talking too before you say something like that, would you? Please thankyou! I do like the alarm clock thingy.

Okay...after what she just said...and Pinkie Pies reaction indicating that there may just be a way to make it happen...Twilight didn't at least wonder if maybe she should investigate? How genre-blind is she?

Hmm...nothing big, but I just realised the doppelganger is doing the usual Pinkie bounce while the real Pinkie is just walking normaly. Odd. I don't know...maybe there's some kind of symbolism I'm missing? Something like this I wouldn't think would be an oops on the animators part. There's got to be a reason.

And someone pointed out before...thought I'd point it out here. As often as we say Dash napping, it's easy to think she's just being lazy. But it's nice to see here that she actually has a reason for the napping. Cloud busting is hard work.

Oh, c'mon Dash. You should be used to Pinkie's randomness. Don't try to think about it too hard or you might hurt yourself.

"Goodness! Was it something I said?" "YES!" Never gets old.

I like the "How'd you do that?" It's not just a matter of cartoons using cartoon physics. Even the other characters are fully aware that Pinkie Pie isn't scientifically possible.

Even Pinkie is horrified at the prospect of too many doubles. Kinda late in the day to be thinking about it though.

Go back to sleep, Dash. It's just a nightmare.

Oh! Apple Fritter cameo. Yay!

And yay! For once Pinkie is accepting reponsibility for what she's done!

Oh, and Fluttershy's right in line with the rest of the mob. Nice!

I would've thought Twilight would know every nook and cranny of that library. How does she not know about the secret compartment. At least Spike should've known. He's the one that keeps things organised. Oh well, I'm sure Fnu has plenty to say about this in any case.

"I'm Spartacus!"

It is funny that the real Pinkie is the one that's actually not being manic. Amazing what a little existential breakdown will do to a pony.

"Are we gonna lose our real Pinkie Pie?" "I don't think so." Even Twilight can't absolutely preclude the possibility of sending the real one to the pool.

Apple Jack and Applebloom were being kinda rough with their herding there. They totally head butted at least two Pinkies back in with the rest of them. And Dash just unceremoniously dumped the real Pinkie in with the rest of the crowd. Yeesh!

And here comes the scene that caused the debate to end all debates. Seeing as how I'm sure we'll be discussing this one for many pages to come...I don't think I'll say too much here. I'll let Fnu cover the main points.

But I do have to mention the hoof that would make Lyra jealous and the G3 Pinkie cameo. Great moments.

You know...if I were writing this, it would've gone more like this:
Twilight:You passed.
Pinkie: I passed? Wow! That's so great, Twilight Spackle. What next?

So...Rarity kept Tom hanging around then, huh?

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, it seems like everyone's amenable to my play-by-play wall of text. So, here we go.

Too Many Pinkie Pies

Okay, not sure who should take more blame here. Twilight was practicing a potentially dangerous spell out in public. But on the other hoof seeing as how she was keeping herself aimed squarely at a target right in front of her, I'm sure she thought she was safe in what she was doing. On the other hoof, she was in public and should have known that distractions are possible. On the other hoof, this is just one more incident of Pinkie Pie's manic behavior causing misery for others. Count 'em...four hooves!

And no one really seems to be too terribly concerned about the bird that's just had it's life completely turned upside down. Poor thing. I bet Fluttershy would have something to say about this.

You see, and here's another thing. This starts out as one of the reasons why I hate Pinkie sometimes. It starts out with her self-centered, well-being of others be damned, she wants what she wants personality. "Everyone will now bring their fun to me." But at least with this episode it doesn't try to spin it to make her look good. It shows that she has something to learn and by the end she has to deal with some really harsh consequences for it. So I guess the episode as a whole is good for at least doing what Luna Eclipsed, Friend in Deed and others didn't.

Okay, at this point I'm pinning it totally on Twilight. After the bird incident, she should have considered that maybe it would be safer to practice in private. That's two animals that are now turned into oranges. Flutters would have a conniption.

"The only way to pull something like that off is if there's more of you to go around." *facepalm* seriously...Twilight? Think of who you're talking too before you say something like that, would you? Please thankyou! I do like the alarm clock thingy.

Okay...after what she just said...and Pinkie Pies reaction indicating that there may just be a way to make it happen...Twilight didn't at least wonder if maybe she should investigate? How genre-blind is she?

Hmm...nothing big, but I just realised the doppelganger is doing the usual Pinkie bounce while the real Pinkie is just walking normaly. Odd. I don't know...maybe there's some kind of symbolism I'm missing? Something like this I wouldn't think would be an oops on the animators part. There's got to be a reason.

And someone pointed out before...thought I'd point it out here. As often as we say Dash napping, it's easy to think she's just being lazy. But it's nice to see here that she actually has a reason for the napping. Cloud busting is hard work.

Oh, c'mon Dash. You should be used to Pinkie's randomness. Don't try to think about it too hard or you might hurt yourself.

"Goodness! Was it something I said?" "YES!" Never gets old.

I like the "How'd you do that?" It's not just a matter of cartoons using cartoon physics. Even the other characters are fully aware that Pinkie Pie isn't scientifically possible.

Even Pinkie is horrified at the prospect of too many doubles. Kinda late in the day to be thinking about it though.

Go back to sleep, Dash. It's just a nightmare.

Oh! Apple Fritter cameo. Yay!

And yay! For once Pinkie is accepting reponsibility for what she's done!

Oh, and Fluttershy's right in line with the rest of the mob. Nice!

I would've thought Twilight would know every nook and cranny of that library. How does she not know about the secret compartment. At least Spike should've known. He's the one that keeps things organised. Oh well, I'm sure Fnu has plenty to say about this in any case.

"I'm Spartacus!"

It is funny that the real Pinkie is the one that's actually not being manic. Amazing what a little existential breakdown will do to a pony.

"Are we gonna lose our real Pinkie Pie?" "I don't think so." Even Twilight can't absolutely preclude the possibility of sending the real one to the pool.

Apple Jack and Applebloom were being kinda rough with their herding there. They totally head butted at least two Pinkies back in with the rest of them. And Dash just unceremoniously dumped the real Pinkie in with the rest of the crowd. Yeesh!

And here comes the scene that caused the debate to end all debates. Seeing as how I'm sure we'll be discussing this one for many pages to come...I don't think I'll say too much here. I'll let Fnu cover the main points.

But I do have to mention the hoof that would make Lyra jealous and the G3 Pinkie cameo. Great moments.

You know...if I were writing this, it would've gone more like this:
Twilight:You passed.
Pinkie: I passed? Wow! That's so great, Twilight Spackle. What next?

So...Rarity kept Tom hanging around then, huh?

Caldwin

Citizen
The Glass Princess.

Ep:16
Hmm...pony olympics...I'm going with pegasi for the win.

Shady's a bit of a clutz. Of course, the rest of them aren't much better.

Okay...who are these flying things? And Ganon's girlfriend is the leader? Sure, why not?

Umm...the pig kinda reminds me of Rarity.

Hmm...okay...so...just a guess here, but that pony's name must be Shady. I only say that because someone in every scene so far has said her name at least twice each! I'm bad with names...but c'mon!

Aww! Don't be sad Shady! If it weren't for the clutzes, this show would have very few protagonists.

Oh...flying morons again. We're never going to see a villian on the level of Tirek again, are we?

Oh crap! A musical number. Please...shoot me. So far this episode isn't really wowing me.

Wow! A pony that can talk while eating icecream without moving her lips...that is impressive.

You know, the advice they're giving Shady about finding her talent is reminding me of the CMC.

Oh...all of a sudden out of nowhere...bam! Kidnapped ponies. This happens a lot with them, doesn't it. Seeing into the future, let me guess. Shady is the one that rescues them, proving her usefullness. Yeah...do I really need to go through the next four episodes?

Ep:17

You see, here's the problem with 10-minute episodes. It forces the pacing to be break-neck. It causes things to be reall frenetic. It's like whole episodes made by Pinkie Pie!

Aww crap! Not the bushwillies again!

You know...by this point, they should be so used to ponies being kidnapped that they can rescue them in thier sleep.
Giles: It's the end of the world.
Buffy and friends: AGAIN?

Oy! Another musical number. And the thing is...there are soooooo many missed notes, it's painful...just...painful.

So Ganon's girlfriend here...she just wants their hair? Not exactly the most threatining of villians. I mean, sure, I wouldn't want some random wack job cutting my hair off. But it's not like she's trying to kill them. It'll grow back!

Can someone kill these hugging bushwallys...PLEASE?

Oh no! She's shampooing their hair. How horrific! What a monster!

Eww! Smells like wet pony!

And now they're brushing the ponies hair...complete with disaster type music. Very frightening...except...the little girls watching this back in the day were probably doing the same thing to the toys...while they were watching the episode.

"No. I don't want anybody elses help." "Well, I'm coming along with you just in case." "Okay." So I take it Shady wasn't exactly captian of the debate team either.

Turn all of Ponyland into glass. Well, I guess that's where the name of the episode comes from. But half way through the arc is a heckuva time to drop that little tidbit on the audience. These writers were just kinda pulling stuff out of their arse as they went along...weren't they?

Ep:18

Wow. Fast growing hair. Who knew? :rolleyes

"Does anyone even know that we're missing." Nnnope! Sorry...you're not important enough for anyone to miss. Nope nope nope!

Hmm...okay, another musical score. What a Tangled Web We Weave...not as bad as the others I guess. The ponies singing is passable. I just wish the villians would just...STOP!

Oh dear! She actually succeeds in turning Ponyland into glass. Goes to show, you can't thwart stage one.

Ep:19

"Shh! Be very quiet." Megan's hunting wabbits!

What would happen if they broke that mirror, I wonder.

You know...these things keep saying how they're going to betray pig-lady. But here we are at the final hour and they're making no showing of actually doing it.

Bushwilly hair's gonna save the day. You know...at this point...why not?

50/50 chance here, Meghan...don't screw it up!

Wait...what? She's fine with turning the entire town of Ponyland into glass...including its inhabitants...but all of a sudden she has a problem with doing it to these ponies...just because she has to face them eye to eye. I mean, yeah, I guess in the real world...having to face someone eye to eye as you kill them would be harder...but here...it just feels like an ass pull!

Aaaand...they're hoisted their own petard.

Wait! Pig lady's making the point of those things not caring about anything but themselves? Really? I want Tirek back...seriously...please?

Thank goodness that's over. We must never speak of this again!

Caldwin

Citizen
Alrighty then. Equestria Girls. Get ready for a huge wall of text!

00:00:16
Wow! Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time I recollect a top-down view. In fact, I think I'm seeing all kinds of angles here that we don't usually get in the show. Ahh! I love the bump in production values that comes with a theatrical release.

00:00:47
Pinkie Pie's a Transformer! I had to rewind this the first time I saw it just to be sure I heard what I thought I heard. I cracked up so hard!

00:01:16
twilightflight_zpsc6649708.gif

Remember this from Twilight's Hot Minute video. I don't know. On the one hand, it seems odd that at the end of Magical Mystery Cure, she was flying towards the screen, seemingly already used to her wings...where as now she's totally Scootalooing it. On the other hand, it is a cute moment and it is nice to know she still has some learning to do.

00:01:41
Who knew that this would turn out to be Twilight's love interest?

00:01:47
Hey! Where's my dang "Sunshine Sunshine" song!?!?

00:02:00
Doesn't look like Pinkie's ready for bed time.

00:02:21
I like this. It totally fits with Twilight's character. Heck! I'm sure anyone would feel like this. She didn't ask to be a princess. She had no idea that was what she was even headed for. So of course she's unsure if she's ready for the responsibility. Of course, I'm sure Celestia knew all along.

00:02:53
This must have been right after Magical Mystery Cure. Twilight still doesn't know how to get comfortable sleeping with the wings. *cracks up* Cue the wing-boner montage! I'd like to think that as much as the writers know about the fandom, that somehow they were doing this unintentionally. But knowing how much they actually do keep a thumb on the pulse of the fandom, they had to have known what they were doing here.

00:03:06
I love Twilight's annoyed grunts. They're so adorable.

00:03:10
I really don't care for the redux of the themesong. It's just...meh. Didn't hit any of the right cords for me.

00:06:06
The big reveal of Sunset Shimmer. Such a shame that we only get to see her pony form so briefly.

00:06:26
And that's the last we see of Sunset Shimmer in her pony form. Twenty seconds people...that's it. *looks at his Sunset Shimmer toy* *sighs* All that money for twenty seconds.

00:07:27
Has someone done the math? Exactly how long is every thirty moons? I'm assuming they mean from full moon to full moon?

I also love the look Luna has here as she telekinetically moves Pinkie away from the mirror.

00:09:28
Cue Doctor Who theme.

00:09:56
Lyra would be soooooo jealous!

00:09:59
TwilightScream_zps8d403299.png

I love this moment. Of course you'd expect Twilight to freak out. But this frame here is just so memeable!

And...umm...I could spend the rest of the night going through her little fish out of water moments alone. It's just freaking hilarious. But I just spend the last 40 minutes going over the first 10. I better pick up the pace here.

00:12:18
I don't know what it is that Diamond Tiara did here. It went by so quickly. But it just makes sense she'd be the one to do it.

00:12:43
The first musical score. Actually not bad. And as much as musical numbers usually drive me crazy, I can't really think of any better way than a montage to show Twilight trying to learn about the human world. Actually, all the musical numbers in the movie are pretty solid!

00:13:23
Should Scootaloo really be riding her scooter through the hallway?

00:15:24
Anyone else having a really weird case of deja vu?

00:19:42
Okay, I understand the fruit bowl. But Twilight's going to be in for one heckuva shock if she ever finds out what that hamburger's made out of.

00:22:11
So Pinkie's been to the big city...and she's met this worlds Twilight...yet she just said "I thought you didn't look familiar." I think I'll just chalk that up to Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.

00:24:22
I see Snips and Snails are instant-lackeys for any old villian that comes to town in this world too!

00:27:11
I'd really like to know who this last girl to challenge Sunset Shimmer was.

00:27:58
Wow! The Great and Powerful Trixie knows how to use a quarter! Anyone else impressed?

00:29:11
Yeah, I love the CMC...and it was nice that they had their own little moment here...but that music makes it hard to watch.

00:37:22
Oops! Sorry! Kinda got absorbed in the movie there. Finally though, the introduction of human Rainbow Dash!

00:39:00
Hmm...and you know...I almost kinda thought Twilight would find some way to win. I mean...now how's she supposed to get Dash to help?

00:39:15
Oh...! So...she's just gonna help anyway. Alrighty then!

00:39:52
Oates! Are you crazy!?

00:43:32
Derpy cameo, bottom right!

00:43:39
DJPon3eyes_zpsa4b18ec0.png

Check it! Magenta eyes! Not red...MAGENTA! No blaming the lighting on this one. Brightly lit cafeteria. No mistake. Magenta...not red. HAH!

00:49:33
Okay...this is just a liiiiittle bit too much to even chalk up to Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie. That's just freaky!

00:54:05
Seriously, Rarity? How long have you known Dash?

00:56:00
Did a double take the first time I saw this one. Scootaloo is doing the Chicken dance! Oh I LOVE the writers of this show!

00:56:40
You know...I half expected Sunset Shimmer to win...you know, maybe she got a hold of the ballet box and switched out the votes or something.

00:58:54
Wait...what? She wins? Huh? You know...don't make a bluff like that unless you're ready for them to call you on it. Seriously! How anti-climactic!

00:59:10
Okay...better.

CAT FIGHT!

00:59:54
I don't think Twilight understands the rules to "Keep Away."

01:00:39
They need a toy of this.

And I was also kinda wondering how Sunset would be able to use one of the Elements of Harmony. I mean, I guess she knows a thing or two about magic...but like they're about to show...she know's nothing about friendship.

01:02:49
"She needs to die." I...thought you weren't allowed to say "die" in a kids show.

01:02:59
Umm...okay. I guess it makes sense once it's explained...but first time I saw it, them not being incinerated here seemed like a total arse pull. But hey! Bless her! Sunset Shimmer really tried!

01:03:09
"The magic contained in my element was able to unite with those who created it." I'm sorry, that does sound like a bit of an arse pull. I mean, for one thing...technically...those aren't the ones who helped in the first place. They look like the ponies from Equestria...but they're not them. For another thing, while it makes sense that the element might work that way...the way this plays out and the fact that it even worked for Sunset Shimmer in the first place just makes it seem like they were making it up as they went along here.

01:04:25
Okay...rainbow effect here is pretty darn impressive.

01:05:40
Oh cry me a river! Please tell me she's not gonna be redeemed. Please? PLEEEASE! Aww crap!

I don't know. I'm able to forgive Bab's because she actually stood up to Diamond at the end. She actually showed by her actions that she'd changed. Luna I'm able to forgive because the evil in her heart was clearly destroyed and she was truly good afterwords.

But here, it seems like all we're getting is a simple "I'm sorry." And personally, I don't know about anyone else...but I've been on the wrong end of too many "sorry's not good enough" for much...MUCH smaller things to consider it good enough here.

01:06:16
"Seriously? The talking dog is the weird thing about all this?" Well said, Spike. Well said.

01:07:18
Rainbow Dash takes Scootaloo flying. I totally missed that the first time. Awesome!

01:07:23
Oh no! Twilight's dancing. Somebody stop this! NOOOOOO!

And hey! Trixie's got her hat!

01:08:10
Okay, Sunset. That's a start.

01:08:33
"I've been walking on two legs and picking things up with these!" Something tells me Twilight never really did get totally comfortable with her human form.

01:09:27
"What are hands?" LOL! Love it! Love it love it love it!

01:09:47
"DANCING?" Yeah, I see everypony in Equestria was just as horrified at the thought as I was.

1:10:00
So...who thinks we'll be seeing more of Flash Sentry in the 4th season? We better! Twilight's first paramore...we absolutely must see more of him. I would say we need to see more of Sunset Shimmer...but I'm finding that unlikely.

01:10:19
Okay, Pinkie. Stop it! That's just freaky...and "that's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie" does not cover it!

1:12:59
Derpy cameo with muffin!

What? You read all that? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND????

Caldwin

Citizen
Apple Family Reunion

Well, first thing I'll say is that I like this episode simply because it shows Bab's without all the prior unfortunate baggage of her having been a one-time bully. She's now Apple Bloom's favorite cousin (and given how many cousin's she must have, that's quite a statement). So whatever happened during their first meeting, and whatever any of the fans may hold against Babs, it's trully been forgiven and forgetten as far as these two are concerned. I think that's a wonderful place to pick up between these two.

Okay, I don't know why, but for some reason, the Netflix on both my Vita and my 3DS do not show seconds...only minutes. And since I'm using my iPad to type...that mean's no time stamps.

I'm not even going to try and figure how long 100 moons is. But didn't the family have a reunion during the very first episode?

Granny stretching her face to look young is just...creepy.

Putting AJ in sole charge of something? I'm getting flash backs to Apple Buck Season where that didn't turn out so well.

You know, when AJ starts putting together a list on her mind in a not so calm voice over the very first thing they talk about...that doesn't bode well.

And you can see the wheels turning and turning and turning. Yeah...this isn't going to end well.

"More apple fwidder?" Nope...sorry kid. I'm not even sure she's been born yet.

Aww! Those two shooting stars. That just...waaaaaah! :(

Hehe...Apple Bloom snoores.

Apple Bloom getting out of bed...faceplants are always funny!

Hmm...well...at least the other five get to make brief cameos...and Pinkie actually got a line!

I'm going to chose to believe that was an accident, Dash.

Heehee...Spike with the clicking cigerrette lighter head. Cute!

Wait...no Fluttershy or Twilight Sparkle? What a jip!

How do you get feedback with a blowhorn? And why does it have a handle. There's no way a hoof can hold that!

Yay! Babs makes her entrance!

"Fuggedaboutit!"

"Trust me, I have put somethin' together you are never gonna forget." No matter how hard they try!

Balance plates on their heads? That's hardly fair! Apple Bloom used to have a cutie mark in plate balancing!

"Seriously?" I just love how one word can so aptly convey so much. Though...c'mon, Apple Bloom. Like I just said, you already have a big advantage over everypony else!

AJ might've made the distance just an teensie bit shorter.

"How is Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle?" Well, at least they got mentioned.

Apple Bloom took Wilhelm with her on that tumble.

No, Big Mac! Resist the urge. RESIST IT!
never mind

AJ really needs a good wallop up side the head!

Speaking of apple fritters...has she made an appearence and I've just missed it or something?

So with the two blankflanks Bab's met in Manehatten...that's three total in Manehatten plus the three founding members. They doubled the size of their group in a single season. You know...just one episode, I'd like to see the east coast crusaders.

Okay...AJ...when you feel the need to actually call for a break at a family reunion...you're doing something wrong.

Hey...wha! Apple Bloom isn't the last pony standing with plate balancing. That's just not right!

You know what's funny about this...there's two out of four crusaders featured in this episode...and they actually aren't the ones causing the disaster!

Heehee...racist barn!

Hey! There's Apple Fritter!

"Get 'er done!" Kinda unavoidable they'd use this line somewhere this ep.

So...who stole the spotlight from AJ best? I'm voting for Babs.

Caldwin

Citizen
Games Ponies Play

Hmm...deja vu!

Anyone seen the comic where Cloudsdale lost because the inspector fell through the clouds the moment she stepped on to them?

1:29
Twilight's arms are bending in a way that pony arms should not be bending. She should have that looked at.
It's also rude to point.

1:37
You don't suppose that was kind of big for the moment, do ya, Pinkie?

2:50
Twilight really does have a great sense of balance.

You know...Crystal Empire is great and all...but going through the G1 roundup, all I can see is a wasted opportunity to introduce the TE ponies...they could've had Fizzy!

Way to crush the kid's spirits, Dash! Really, Dashie just doesn't relate to these crystal ponies too well. Seems the other five should just try to keep her away from them at all costs.

4:09
Sunshine Sunshine bit. Take note, Equestria Girls. Never let a meeting go by between Cadence and Twilight where they don't do the Sunshine Sunshine bit!

I think Rarity of all ponies should know what a mud bath is, Cadence. She's been to the spa many a time...in fact...so have the other five for that matter.

4:50
Twilight needed to be taught how to do that loooooong ago!

Darnit Dash! Maybe someone should teach her that zen technique Cadence has going on!

7:16
Pinkie speaks really fast. I had to put the captioning on to catch that. Not worth it.

"I'll just ignore that." Yeah...bout time Dashie lets something slide.

7:51
Okay...knew right here this would be a mistaken identity show. No inspecter that's known for putting the town through the ringer to make sure everything's perfect for the games would have luggage in that kind of condition. Suprised little Mrs. OCD Twilight missed that. Oh, and Minuette cameo.

Mah goodness! Ain't her accent thicker than a room full'a Applejacks!

And the real inspector is left at the station. Yeeeah...didn't see that one coming!

Ah, don't worry, Cadence. You have that whole 80's thing going on. It's retro. The inspector will love it!

10:51
I seem to remember a really creepy out of context gif made from this bit.

Actually, you'd think Twilight should know that castle pretty well. She had to search it pretty thoroughly when she was looking for the crystal heart.

Who's bright idea was it to make Pinkie in charge of the tour?

Rainbow Dash suggested going to the gymnasium as though it wasn't originally part of the plan. So...they were going to give the games inspector a tour of a city vying for the chance to host the games...and they weren't even going to show her the gymnasium?

Shining Armor seems to be learning the traditional royal Canterlot voice. Luna should be proud.

16:26
You know...I like Dashie. I really do. But this is just priceless. And Rarities expression just makes the moment.

17:44
Really, Twilight? Really? You're just now getting around to asking that question? REALLY!?

17:53
Okay, Pinkie. I'll let you have that one.

After all this time...did they reeeeally expect the games inspector to still be at the station?

Um...okay...I'm not buying this. I'm really not. The welcoming committee totally left her hanging. The fact that it was a simple fact of mistaken identity does not help matters. In fact, it kinda makes it worse. Any city that is serious about wanting an event as big as this is supposed to be...the welcoming committee darn well ought to do their homework enough that they know who the freaking games inspector is. No...knowing the kind of luggage is not enough...for just this kind of reason.

And she was taking the word of some nopony pony she just happened to meet at a spa who has absolutely no credentials for judging a town for this kind of event that this town was the kind of town to hold this event? No...just...no.

If I were that games inspector, the moment I saw the welcoming committee was late in meeting me, that I wasn't important enough to the town to have the welcoming committee at the station on time...I would've gotten right back on that train and never given the town a second thought.

*breaths*

BUUUUULL JIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!

Huh? Where'd that gem come from?

Wha? Why's Spike on the train?

Caldwin

Citizen
Part 1 (timed to iTunes)

0:00
Nice to know Twilight's learning from Rainbow Dash. She's learning from the best.

0:17
So is this whole nest on the head Twilight a bid to replace the pillow on the head Twilight? Cause I think The Optimus Prime's going to need a new sig.

0:24
All things considered, I think Twilight's doing better than she was in EqG

0:30
So it's established...Twilight doesn't wear the Element of Harmony everywhere she goes.

1:10
Gotta hand it to her, Twilight's "WOO HOO" is better than Fluttershy's "woo hoo"...not nearly as adorable though.

1:24
Double somersault. Not bad. Going to have to dock some point for that landing though.

2:39
That little twitch and sigh of pleasure from Pinkie as she talks about her dreams of frosting...disturbing! I'm pretty sure we just saw her have a "I'll have what she's having" moment on a kids show.

2:53
The mayor put the others in charge of stuff. It's been discussed. Now it's confirmed...the other five besides Twilight have had their status's elevated, whether because of all the stuff they've done for Equestria or simply because of their relationship to Twilight.

3:48
"Creamy, creamy frosting!" Okay...the way she said it...even worse than 2:39. She needs some "me time"...desperately.

4:04
Call back to the Pinkie Promise...they're all screwed!

I really like Rarities glasses.

4:33
Okay, consider this. Pinkie Pie had to have put that in the mail. The post office had to process it and have it sent out by the carrier. The carrier had to arrive at the train station just as Twilight said that. Pinkie's goooooood!

4:58
Well...the next few minutes is just Twilight showing us that she's still the same ol' adorkable Twilight. So I'll just say this. Never change, Twili. Never change.

5:47
Except to say, I love this bit. Twilight's still bowing to Celestia and Celestia has to remind her that they're equals now. It has to be a very awkward moment for a protege to find themselves on equal footing as their mentor.

6:08
YES! Take that all you fan writers and fan artists who kept played Celestia off as being flippant about sending her sister to the moon. IN YOUR FACE!

7:20
Careful, writers. If you use the Worf Effect on Celestia too much, she'll start looking like a wimp!

8:40
Another moment I love. Twilight is suddenly thrust into the position of being the only princess left. At this moment, she is the one and only leader of the entire Equestrian nation. Seeing the realization set in...her panic at being put in charge...and then shaking it off and taking the responsibility and showing herself that she is ready...great...great moment.

8:58
Stop fainting, Spike. This is supposed to be Twilight's panic attack.

9:30
What did I just say, Spike? What...did...I...just...say?

11:03
Denied!

11:23
Rarity just isn't very observent, is she?

So now Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle have made their appearences. But having already seen this, I know Scootaloo doesn't make an appearence. Poor Scoots always gets the jive end of the stick.

12:40
And in the grand tradition of MLP fliers ever since G1...Twilight forgets she can fly. Spike is so going to regret reminding her.

14:17
Did Spike just take it to the nads? Yikes! Poor guy! Oh...and...Twilight comes equipped with seat belts? Is that a standard feature for this years princess?

14:40
The timing on this was just perfect. "Oh, hello, Twilight." Oh...hello Spike!"

15:03
Umm...on the one hand, I love continuity and not always explaining inside jokes. On the other hand, anyone who chose this as their first episode probably would have no clue what this whole Pinkie Sense thing is about.

15:49
"I told you we'd always be connected by the Elements." Hmm...you know, seeing as how this really is the second time she's mentioned it this episode...I guess maybe we should've seen it coming?

17:58
Rhetorical question, ladies. Yeesh! Some ponies this days!

19:25
Contrived? Maybe. But seeing as how it gave us the flashbacks to the pieces of histroy we've been begging for...I'll allow it.

20:12
Okay, this is the first time I'm going to be able to see this on my television screen instead of some Youtube vid on my iPad. I've been waiting for this for a long time. So pardon me while I duck out for a while. See you next ep!

Caldwin

Citizen
Part 2

4:20
Okay, so, was it every bit as epic as I had hoped. Was it everything I imagined and more? No...no it wasn't. But the truth is, it's been built up so much in my head (and I imagine everyone elses who've been wanting to see this moment) that there's no way it could be. But I'm still glad to have finally seen it. It's something that's been an unseen part of the lore ever since episode one. It's the one thing I've always wanted to see. Now we've seen it. And even though it could never be as epic as I'd hoped, it was certanly a thrill to finally see it and worth every moment I spent in anticipating watching it.

That said...my poor poor fan fic

5:30
And the fight against Discord. Again...my poor poor fan fic. But like I've said...I bloody well asked for it.

6:30
And the Tree of Harmony...*sigh* My fan fic just isn't worth the paper it's not even printed on. *pout*

8:35
Oh...the bog of eternal stench!

10:30
Funny how a plan looks so sensible, technically sound reasoning...and yet it is the most dead wrong thing they could have possibly done. I mean...can anyone really argue against their reasoning here? Two princesses already gone. Was it really wrong of AJ to think about keeping the last one safe?

11:30
On the other hoof...jerk ass has a point.

11:34
Get it? He turned himself into a Q-Tip!

13:50
Daaaang those stairs are hazardous!

13:56
And there goes Spike again. He's going to get a reputation, ya know.

15:37
"We have to give it the Elements of Harmony." And that, folks, is what we call a "wham moment." Heck with it...let's call it a "wham episode." Twilight's a princess, Discord's free and kinda fence hopping between good and bad, and the mane 6 are now returning their first, last and only defense against evil back to where it came. If you're not excited about seeing how this season pans out, than I just don't know what it's going to take. This is now a completely different bowl of wax from what the first three seasons were.

18:20
And here we have what' probably going to be a season long arc. Gotta find those keys now. Welp! I'm hooked.

18:55
You know...if not for the fact that he planted those seeds thousands of years ago...I'd almost think he planned it this way. No more elements to trap him. He must be all kinds of giddy now.

19:06
And I already posted about Fluttershy's "you're only my friend if" reaction here. I think that if that's the attitude she continues to have...it's really going to come back and bite her in the plot.

20:30
Well, Twilight's got a new crown now. *looks at his $50 Talking Princess Twilight toy* Craaaaaaaap!

21:13
And there's the Sparkleboom. How many cutie marks do you think were earned this day?
Twilight and Dash are going to have to have a face off one of these days.

Okay...I didn't notice any Derpy. Was it just me?

Top Bottom