Anti-Semitism

Thylacine 2000

Citizen

Identified. His online footprint is raving lunacy, bigotry, and an obsession with bodybuilding and improving his own facial features. Some past criminal history that so far has been sealed for murky reasons. Incel vibes that could be felt by a Richter scale.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
That's the kind of asshole who makes posts on 4chan using the phrase 'supreme gentleman' with no hint of irony.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Is this person not just a regular Nazi?

We’ve been having Nazi’s saying Heil Hitler in public since WWII.

Dumb as shit but it’s not like this is some Rubicon that has been crossed.
As Douglas Adams once said, if there's one thing humanity can't afford to have, it's a healthy sense of perspective. Maybe if we make more of a commitment to at least pretend to be outraged by things that should be outrageous, even if it's the millionth time it's happened, the powers that be will have more of an incentive to do something about it.

MrBlud

Citizen
Like what? The First Amendment is sacrosanct and while I’ve slowly come around to the fact it *shouldn’t* cover abusive language; the current Supreme Court seems quite a bit away from a similar revelation.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Like what? The First Amendment is sacrosanct and while I’ve slowly come around to the fact it *shouldn’t* cover abusive language; the current Supreme Court seems quite a bit away from a similar revelation.
At this point, considering the totality of circumstances, I see no real way around it. We can't outlaw or restrict the speech so we, as a society, need to make certain the consequences are severe and immediate.

In other words, punch a nazi.

And if anyone complains about 'cancelling' or whatever the boomers say now, remind them we cancelled them previously. Had an entire war over it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Well, it requires them to blink when I throw a fist, and then decide that the Nazi just kinda walked into my knuckles. But turning a blind eye to a problem is what American cops do best, so it's not that far of a stretch.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Personally, just reading about incidents like this send me into a blind rage and makes me wish I had been there so could not just punch him but grab the nearest lethal blunt object and beat him into an unrecognizable mess. I don't know if that makes me a bad person or not. I'm not sure I want to find out.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Honestly, you could be standing in an airport and ranting about anything and I'd say you should be arrested for disturbing the peace.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Speaking of being arrested, though, would you say that the government has a moral responsibility not to arrest or prosecute people for the blatant case of assault and battery they just committed? And, more importantly, do you have an ounce of faith that they'd actually agree with you, in practice? Because I sure don't. It's hard enough to stop them from "prosecuting" people with lethal force for just existing-while-black, let alone committing actual violent crimes against people who arguably deserve it.

MrBlud

Citizen
That’s why you wear a mask.

They never caught the guy (or girl) that punched Richard Spencer.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
It's easy to get away with it when cops don't actually want to catch you.
see every instance of police abuse that's gone unanswered over the decades.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The thing is, I don't see the kind of cops who have been murdering people for being black in their presence as being the same sort of people who are OK with Nazis getting punched with impunity. I see them as the type who would make catching Nazi punchers a top priority.

Nevermore

Citizen
No, they would want to shoot people who look like they might be thinking about maybe punching a Nazi.

Top Bottom