Anti-Semitism

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
That's an awfully Spanish-sounding name you got there, Fuentes. Be a real shame if the party that elected its last president on a platform of hating Mexicans came for you next.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The most vocals parts of the GOP exist in a perpetual "now". If they thought ahead, they wouldn't be in the GOP.

NovaSaber

Citizen

Hours before another Brooklyn Nets loss on Thursday, noted “free-thinker” and basketball player Kyrie Irving took to Twitter to boost a movie and book, Hebrews to Negroes, stuffed with antisemitic tropes.

The 2018 film was directed by Ronald Dalton, Jr., and based upon his 2015 book of the same name. A description for the film states that it “uncovers the true identity of the Children of Israel,” while a similar one for the book reads, “Since the European and Arab slave traders stepped foot into Africa, blacks have been told lies about their heritage.” Both suggest Hebrews to Negroes espouse ideas in line with more extreme factions of the Black Hebrew Israelites, which have a long history of misogyny, homophobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia, and especially antisemitism.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Actually, I think it's a symptom of whatever is going on in his head. He's not well and I don't think he's getting treatment. I always thought his 'George Bush doesn't care about Black People' comment sounded a bit 'off' back in the day(despite the fact that it is probably true, I think it was the way he said it). I know if I had his kind of money, I'd be getting treatment for my anxiety(and other) issues as we speak.

NovaSaber

Citizen
j2cHRMnh.jpg

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Actually, I think it's a symptom of whatever is going on in his head. He's not well and I don't think he's getting treatment. I always thought his 'George Bush doesn't care about Black People' comment sounded a bit 'off' back in the day(despite the fact that it is probably true, I think it was the way he said it). I know if I had his kind of money, I'd be getting treatment for my anxiety(and other) issues as we speak.
Yeah, between him, Scott Adams, and the Sinfest guy, I'm starting to think that some people just have a natural tendency towards extremism of any sort, and will just as eagerly side with one extreme as its diametric opposite.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I knew Scott Adams went off the deep end, but it's been a minute since I've looked at Sinfest. He went nuts too? That's disappointing.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
The Sinfest guy ended up turning into a TERF and turned his comic into a mouthpiece for the position.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
It's always disappointing to find out the creators of something you like are assholes.

I do not ascribe to the thought that you can separate the artist from the art. I refuse to give money to bigots.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Sadly, the only way to deal with that kind of person is to stop consuming the content. Even if the content doesn't match the positions of the creator, you're still supporting the hate.

Edit: spelling. This is what I get for typing first thing in the morning.

Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I knew Scott Adams went off the deep end, but it's been a minute since I've looked at Sinfest. He went nuts too? That's disappointing.
How long is a minute? Because he was kinda nuts during his "feminist" phase too. Just the complete opposite kind of nuts. That's why I brought him up; just like Kanye, he always gave off the impression of being prone to extreme ideas, even before he did a 180 on which kind of extreme ideas he subscribed to. (And while I personally never read Sinfest during its first phase, I haven't heard a lot of great things about it either. To the point where, if you didn't know about his ultra-feminist phase, his abrupt turn into Trumpism might actually be less surprising.)

NovaSaber

Citizen
Unless I'm getting him mixed up with someone else, he was already railing against more progressive feminists even when he called himself a feminist, so not exactly a 180.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
How long is a minute? Because he was kinda nuts during his "feminist" phase too. Just the complete opposite kind of nuts. That's why I brought him up; just like Kanye, he always gave off the impression of being prone to extreme ideas, even before he did a 180 on which kind of extreme ideas he subscribed to. (And while I personally never read Sinfest during its first phase, I haven't heard a lot of great things about it either. To the point where, if you didn't know about his ultra-feminist phase, his abrupt turn into Trumpism might actually be less surprising.)
Uh, it's been quite a few years. Honestly, I'd forgotten about it. Enjoyed it when I first found it, but life happened.

MrBlud

Citizen
Is this person not just a regular Nazi?

We’ve been having Nazi’s saying Heil Hitler in public since WWII.

Dumb as shit but it’s not like this is some Rubicon that has been crossed.

Top Bottom