Anime

spikeriley

Citizen
Seeing the found pilot, I'd say we anime fans are glad we dodged a bullet (or in the Sailor Moon franchise's case, a Negamoon Bomb) with this rejected adaptation. Darien looks like they ripped off Prince Eric and Queen Beryl is basically a dollar store rip-off of Maleficent, and the Sailor Gu.. I mean, Princess Warriors (which sounds like a possible name for a magical girl anime adaptation of the Disney Princesses) are drawn to look like they were taken from an cartoon of the 1980's. Also, the live action has to have the cheesiest dance choreography I have ever laid eyes on.

But I will give this failed pilot credit, they did try to make their versions of the heroines more unique (as Sailor Mercury is in a hoverchair, and this version of Sailor Jupiter is possibly the first magical girl of African American descent, which I think is needed), and the minor monsters are all from the anime this is based on, and they have Tuxedo Mask (although he does nothing but throw a rose to Sailor Moon).

Also, let's think about this. In this pitch, Sailor Moon's civilian form is called Victoria. Before seeing this, the name was used for DiC's sales pitch for their dub of the anime. This is making me think when DiC got the rights to the anime, they may have gotten the plans Toon Makers wrote up for their Americanization.

But again, seeing this, I am glad a bullet is dodged, as this is basically Grade A Moon Cheese (which actually would have worked, considering shows made in early to mid 1990's were usually cheesy at best).

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It was CBS Saturday Mornings for me. Princess Tenko was a Japanese Stage Magician and the cartoon was an attempt to garner her some more attention over here. It would end the show with a Live Action performance. It's all up on Youtube.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Just finished Link Click. It's originally from China, no Japanese subs on Crunchyroll but the English dub didn't have subtitles so I watched it in the original Chinese. This one is a bit weird, there's a ton of unanswered questions, but it's a good suspense/drama show. You might want to wait until season 2 comes out, b/c it ends on a hell of a cliffhanger.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Just finished Link Click. It's originally from China, no Japanese subs on Crunchyroll but the English dub didn't have subtitles so I watched it in the original Chinese. This one is a bit weird, there's a ton of unanswered questions, but it's a good suspense/drama show. You might want to wait until season 2 comes out, b/c it ends on a hell of a cliffhanger.
Well given I can't understand Chinese, I think I'm going to be waiting a lot longer than that. ^^;

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
There's English subs and dubs. I don't understand Chinese either. I just prefer subs regardless of the language in case I mishear things. I would've gone for a Japanese dub if there was one.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Rewatching Slime Diaries, the spin off from: That Time I got reincarnated as a Slime, unlike the main series, this spin off, is pretty much a comedy and slice of life series, its just a fun chilled series focusing upon Tempest through out a year and Rimeru bring Japan's culture to the world he been reincarnated into, I highly recomend this if you just want to relax and have a bit of fun

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Damn Fall is stacked. MHA season 6, Spy X Family cour 2, Mob Psycho S3, MS Gundam The Witch from Mercury, Shortstacks Fan Club Uzaki Chan, and more. Saturdays alone I'm going to have like four shows to watch that I know of.

On the downside I looks like Mob is being recast in the dub since CR is cheap and not working along SAG guidelines it seems. Not a horrible loss to me (actually not into Mob Psycho) and Sub only people but it does bring to light Crunchyroll being cheap and needing to pay their actors better.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm more looking forward to Gundam, MHA 6 & Spy X Family than anything else, currently, but I'll just see as the season starts in a couple of weeks time!

For this season, I think the best non sequels are:
Black Summoner & Lycoris Recoil

Sequel wise, the best has to be Made in the Abyss season 2 & Is it Wrong to pick up girls in a Dungeon season 4

I would like to include Overlord but from what I can tell, there is a chunk of story that been taken and tossed into a movie that upcoming and the result is, a story that kind of confused and messed up, so its not apart of my best sequels for the season, its nice animation wise but as I said, the story is kind of, all over the place and not really explaining things properly or showing!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just watched the latest ep of DanMachi Season 4, ends on hell of a cliffhanger and now I got to wait until next year to find out what happens to the cast in season 4 part 2

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Watched the latest ep of MHA, a ton of setup in that ep, but we get some action towards the end of it

Also watched the first ep of Beast Tamer, its pretty wholsome, basic story, main character is a Beast Tamer but due to that fact, he cannot beat tough monsters, thus, he kicked out of the Hero's party because they deem him, weak, so he tries out for adventure guild, while going on the trial, he encounters a catspirt girl, whom he forms a contract with by taming her! I think this series might be one of the more relaxed wholesome shows this season

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Ok I’m not super into the song , but the animation for cour 2 of Spy X Family is gorgeous!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh the new My Hero Academia ep has scenes that look exactly like the manga, which I thought was cool.

Watched one ep of Skeleton Knight from Another World and the first scene was a rape. Wow. I thought it was going to be all lighthearted.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It really is after that. It's another instance of where they really edgelord the first episode with that initial scene. There is some slightly harsh violence afterwards but it's pretty much more comedy straight on after.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ah well. I only checked out the first ep anyway.

Only just saw the My Hero Academia OVA with the baseball and Smiley eps. It was funny hearing the original Japanese and the English dub when they go Mister Smiley, haha

Also watched the next 12 eps of Jojo Stone Ocean. I cried a bit when my favorite character died :(

Edit - I'm trying to catch up on Boruto since I'm 30 episodes behind and, holy cow, they killed two semi interesting characters that I liked! What the hex?! And just after my fave character in Jojo Stone Ocean died too. Honestly, what the hex?!? :(

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well Saturdays became an onslaught of new shows.... Thankfully "The Maid I Hired Recently is Mysterious" is done for now. Don't know if it will continue or not later but I'll admit for a show that drew me in with the title maids low neck line......

Ahem

It was actually quite the cute and wholesome show. There's a portion of the opening that has me a tad confused with it showing the two main characters together and one is not in their current look that had me curious about the show initially but I'm guessing that was creative disconnect from how things actually go in the show. Overall it's pretty much the young master constantly flustering his new maid confusing his attachment for suspicion. It's pretty adorkable.

And I'm going to be sad here in a week or two once "Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai" finally concludes. Truthfully I thought we would of been done with this show a half a year ago, but I'm glad we weren't. It's been a good run and while the overall story isn't anything spectacular, it's been a fun romp in a Dragon Quest world that I really wish could continue. But it's sad that it won't be dubbed until Crunchyroll will sit down with SAG and negotiate better conditions for dub actors. This would be a great Kids adventure anime if it was allowed on TV.... with a few tweaks for content admittedly.

Top Bottom