Anime

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just watched the latest ep of Bookworm and it was pretty good and shows some character growth for our main character and does something some isskais don't really bother doing, reflecting upon what they lost when they ended up in another world, our main character has realised that she misses her old family and there is nothing she can do about it!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Bit the bullet and watched the last six episodes of Shaman King. It was actually getting boring, since I read the manga ending plus I liked the first adaptation better. Whatever, it's over. And they're doing the sequel.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Bit the bullet and watched the last six episodes of Shaman King. It was actually getting boring, since I read the manga ending plus I liked the first adaptation better. Whatever, it's over. And they're doing the sequel.

I honestly felt this adaption of Shaman King was really going downhill towards the end, it would of been better if the battles against the Patch tribe had been drawn out more, for example, Yoh V Silva, it was meant to be a chance to really show how much Yoh had grown but it was pretty much over rather quickly and disapointly, this series should of really been what Brotherhood was for Fullmetal Al, but sadly it just seemed rather rushed towards the end which is a shame really!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I honestly felt this adaption of Shaman King was really going downhill towards the end, it would of been better if the battles against the Patch tribe had been drawn out more, for example, Yoh V Silva, it was meant to be a chance to really show how much Yoh had grown but it was pretty much over rather quickly and disapointly, this series should of really been what Brotherhood was for Fullmetal Al, but sadly it just seemed rather rushed towards the end which is a shame really!
Very, very rushed. But I have a feeling all the quick jumps was taken from the manga. Like, I don't recall seeing any of them revived anymore. They were just alive and got comments on running out of energy.

I much preferred the wealth of characters from the first adaptation. The Patch tribe fights didn't compare to the multiple Shaman fights. Yeeeeah, I know the first adaptation doesn't follow the original manga but it was much more enjoyable. (Compare how Ren died there vs the new adaptation. Or Lyserg's redemption with Morphine's transformation. )

Xellos

Citizen
He did ask for fans to be supportive to those who may replace him, which makes sense, as the shows must go on. It also a tactful way to de-escalate the "fans" who want to argue on replacements.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just been watching the latest ep of Accendance of a Bookworm and honestly, I love, it got great character development and a likeable cast!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Season 3 of Konosuba is confirmed! I eagerly await the explosive madness and Darkness’s continued masochistic oddness. The panty thief and the useless water spout too I guess.

I tried that series but honestly, I got bored of it, the cast wasn't that likable after a while, I think the idea is good but how the series plays out as a comedy, it kind of looses its appeal after a while!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
We get a look at some of the One Piece sets. And a few more cast members. I have to admit, some of these sets look pretty impressive for a TV show.

...But, I still can't help but think this is still a REALLY bad idea. Taking one of the most "animated" and at times goofiest anime and making a live-action series out of it just feels wrong to me. And with One Piece approaching it's endgame (...eventually), this is arguably the WORST time to do something like this, since we don't know how any of the foreshadowing in the manga will pay off.

I can't deny the passion behind it though. These people ARE trying.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The set previews look good, but then I also worry about the actual story, I mean the manga been going for well over twenty years now and Oda hasn't revealed what the One piece actually is, YET, yet the story is goofy and serious at the same time, live action adaptions of animes, don't tend to translate that well, just like video games, so, I'm kind of on the fence about this and it could well be get canned after one season as Netflix is hurting right now, thou that is their own fault for overspending and not really producing any quailty products, seeing quailty control has been lacking in Hollywood in resent years, where they think people will consume any old trash, thou people are wising up to that because they are fed up of the dumb trash that's on and they cannot trust the profesinal critics as they been rather bias and not revealing a proper picture of what the show or movie is like! So with One piece, I hope this is sucessful and at least raise the profile with western viewers even more, as its a great story with a great cast of characters!!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
We get a look at some of the One Piece sets. And a few more cast members. I have to admit, some of these sets look pretty impressive for a TV show.

...But, I still can't help but think this is still a REALLY bad idea. Taking one of the most "animated" and at times goofiest anime and making a live-action series out of it just feels wrong to me. And with One Piece approaching it's endgame (...eventually), this is arguably the WORST time to do something like this, since we don't know how any of the foreshadowing in the manga will pay off.

I can't deny the passion behind it though. These people ARE trying.
Matt Owens, showrunner seen in the vid, is genuinely a real fan. Ive seen him jump on YT chapter review vids and chat with the reactor about what just happened.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Been catching up with the season finally to Accendance of a bookworm and honestly, it bought tears to my eyes, a bunch of revelations about the character who looks like Sinbad from Magi, but its the story that tugs at the heart strings in this series, if you not seen it, I would recomend watching, the plot maybe a bit of a slow burn, but the pay offs along with endering cast of characters, makes this a good show to watch!

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I just remembered we had this thread and I checked and not one of you has mentioned Birdie Wing. I urge you all to give it a shot, because it is absolutely not what you're probably expecting.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I'm waiting to see if a dub comes along (since it's one of those shows where the characters are explicitly speaking English in-universe).

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Watched Dance Dance Danceur, a seinen series about a boy who is reluctant at first to admit his love of ballet due to male stereotypes. There's drama and a love triangle with a girl, and of course the main ballet is Swan Lake b/c it always is. Not fully satisfied with the ending, but still nice for something a bit different.

Also finished Salaryman's Club, sports anime about corporate badminton. More entertaining than you'd think, but this one is definitely more like Free! with pretty men and gay subtext. Nothing too overt, sadly.

I think I'm near the end of Gintama, it's been going through more serious and dark stories without any dumb/funny episodes in b/t. On a break from it for now.

Finally, I'm watching Precure Delicious Party. From ep 1, Rosemary/Mari is the best. I hope Fennel is his male love interest. Cure Precious' camel toe shoes really bother me.

Top Bottom