Anime

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Gundam 00 was the same way, though that didn't have another source to draw from, so taking a one-cour break between season halves let them adjust their series plans based on feedback for the back half. Whether that was ultimately a good thing or not is up to you.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
One cour between parts of a season sure. Titans Final season has been part of the last 2 winter cours with part three in the next Winter. That to me feels more like separate seasons

Xellos

Citizen
Well, technically Gundam 00 does split for season one and season two for the two halves (which I really like how Gundam will adjust their series as things go on. Second half of SEED Destiny is so much better than the first for kicking the annoying Shinn to the curb).

I am trying to remember of it was a extra thing on season 3 of the Overlord BDs, but they mentioned that S2 and S3 of Overlord, which were separated by one season, were supposed to be one long season, but they split it and considered it a new season. Makes more sense to me.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Ok, watched the first ep of Shield Hero part 2. Loved it for the most part but one thing really kind of bugs me.

So I get that Raphtailia is slave in name only really and hasn't had any real negative effects of being one under Naofumi's care, but to volunteer the new girl up to getting her own slave pact made? I'm sorry but WTF?! And then the fact that Rishia actually ends up deciding to do so thinking it'll make her stronger? I mean I understand Raph and Filo becoming stronger under Naofumi's care over all, but was that anything to do with the Slave crest over than Naofumi using it to make them fall in line under the times they needed prompting to at the worst times? That really isn't a good look for the series when three of the four main party members he has could be racked with pain for disobeying him. I mean Raphtalia never even needed the crest reapplied and it was her own choice to do so. And I kinda see the reason with Filo as the only time I saw it used on her was when she was hiding and wouldn't come out without prompting. But anyway you look at it it looks bad for the new girl to get one just because it'll "make her stronger".

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Ok, watched the first ep of Shield Hero part 2. Loved it for the most part but one thing really kind of bugs me.

So I get that Raphtailia is slave in name only really and hasn't had any real negative effects of being one under Naofumi's care, but to volunteer the new girl up to getting her own slave pact made? I'm sorry but WTF?! And then the fact that Rishia actually ends up deciding to do so thinking it'll make her stronger? I mean I understand Raph and Filo becoming stronger under Naofumi's care over all, but was that anything to do with the Slave crest over than Naofumi using it to make them fall in line under the times they needed prompting to at the worst times? That really isn't a good look for the series when three of the four main party members he has could be racked with pain for disobeying him. I mean Raphtalia never even needed the crest reapplied and it was her own choice to do so. And I kinda see the reason with Filo as the only time I saw it used on her was when she was hiding and wouldn't come out without prompting. But anyway you look at it it looks bad for the new girl to get one just because it'll "make her stronger".

I watched the ep earlier on and honestly, my main problem was the pacing, it just felt like they wanted to rush to the main event and not really develop the characters, so they kind of rush the intro of the newest member of Naofumi's party, then I honestly feel that the last part of season 1 where they battle at sea was not really needed in the season and they could of focused the season on the waves and Naofumi clearing his name!

Also eariler, I tried the first ep of Greatest Demon Lord reborn as a nobody and honestly, I hated it, I just couldn't stand the main character, so I quit it after about five min, it feels a lot like Strongest Mage, weakest crest but with a terrible MC, I mean, he been living his new life for ten years and in that time he not made a single bond outside of his family, that there is terrible writing if you ask me! I'm kind of worried that this coming season is going to be a let down for the most part, then I guess I could always binge some older stuff!

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
After enjoying Ernie's character in SRW30, I went and watched Knights & Magic. Great concept and worldbuilding, and I liked how they avoided the main issues I have with modern isekai... but damn the anime is disjointed by how much they timeskip. They exposition to explain what happened in-between, but other than the last few eps it really felt like half the episodes had a "Several weeks later" crammed into them, if not more. It really needed more episodes to breathe. As it is it's more like they just wanted to make all the cool setpiece scenes and half-arsed the rest. Still worth the watch with that in mind, especially as some of the stuff comes up in different context in SRW30. (And someone who's a minor character in the show is a major one so far in the game)

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
SRW30? Super Robot Wars 30? That's my best guess at what that stands for. Can't say I'm a fan of doing abbreviations like that. We don't actually all know what that might stand for. :/ Thankfully I know enough to take an educated guess.

Let's see so far this season I've checked out:

Yo boy Kongming.

I like the music angle it's taking. The characters are also very fun. Gonna keep up with this one.

I'm quitting heroing

This looks like it'll be fun.
I also like how the MC has a hidden reason for why he's doing this. I'm betting he didn't kill the Demon Queen because of her stance on not killing indiscriminately

Greatest Demon Lord Reborn

Yeah, watching him try to make friends at the start was very... cringy. As for the "He hasn't made any connections before 10 is terrible writing" I mean given how I'm watching him act, it doesn't surprise me he's not made any friends yet. Also we have no idea how things work in this town or if he was even IN the town till just then. It's a nitpick for sure, but not really important to the story.

I stuck with it, and by the end of the episode he's made a friend and they time skip to him being a teenager. I'm going to hope his friend has taught him to be a bit more 'normal' but I won't know till episode 2.

Trapped in a dating sim.

Besides Shield Hero, this has become my favorite of the season so far. Mainly because I really like the setting. It's on floating islands and while the world has magic, it also has stuff like mecha suits. The MC doesn't even want to use his knowledge of the game to 'cheat' at first, but has his hand forced. His 'cheat' ends up being that he goes and gets what is basically the super high-tech airship left by an ancient race. If this turns out to be him basically using more technology against magic, my interest is piqued.

Shield Hero

Yeah, I need to assume that being a slave to the hero grants some sort of state boost or something? Was that a thing I just forgot about maybe? Yeah it's a bit weird, but I have to assume there is a better reason for it than: "It's hot that he has slaves" or something stupid like that.

Now to wait for Ascendance of a Bookworm season 3, which could very well be my top favorite of the season. We'll have to see.

Other shows I'll be checking out:
Skeleton Knight in another world. (Sorry but I'm full into the isekai stuff.)
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie. (At the very least my roommate will want to watch it)
Love after world domination. (This looks like it'll be fun)
The Dawn of the witch (So I just found out this is a sequel to Grimoire of Zero... I'm wondering if I should watch that first. Ironically I have it because I got it during one of Sentai's or Right Stuff's sales where it was cheap. So given I already have the first series...)
Spy X Family (This looks like it'll be wild fun)

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Yeah. Too used to thinking of it in the abbreviation all the time, since most places it comes up everyone already knows what it means, and I almsot never see anyone using the full name outside articles about it or wikis.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
RPG Real Estate, looks like a fun anime, a couple of cute girls, set in a Fanstasy World, with magic but it seems to be a bit of house hunting for clients, but the first ep makes a desent impression as a bit of comedy and laid back slice of life series!

Just been watching the first ep of Skeletion Knight in another world and my first impressions are:
1. Better than Greatest Demon Lord reborn as a nobody
2. Not the best first eps but it seems a bit strange thou it could be intersting
3. The MC is kind of a weirdo and maybe OP as well but its only the first ep, so, hard to judge but I will likely check out the next ep

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
RPG Real Estate, looks like a fun anime, a couple of cute girls, set in a Fanstasy World, with magic but it seems to be a bit of house hunting for clients, but the first ep makes a desent impression as a bit of comedy and laid back slice of life series!

Just been watching the first ep of Skeletion Knight in another world and my first impressions are:
1. Better than Greatest Demon Lord reborn as a nobody
2. Not the best first eps but it seems a bit strange thou it could be intersting
3. The MC is kind of a weirdo and maybe OP as well but its only the first ep, so, hard to judge but I will likely check out the next ep
My first impression:

How is your stomach growling!? Where is that food going!? YOU ARE A SKELETON!

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
I'm super spoiled this anime season. So many good shows. It's going to be so hard to pick what would be number one if I had to. >_<

Saw the first two episodes of Spy X Family.
awh5yq0o8ps81.png

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I seen the first two eps of Spy x Family, the first one, I felt was shoving far to much into one ep while the second was a lot better in terms of pacing and the proposal scene at the end was kind of funny!

Two series that might be underrated this season that I'm watching are:

The Executioner and Her Way of Life, this series seemingly starts off with someone getting Iskaied but that character doesn't make it because the main character shows up and, well given the title of the show, you can guess what happens to them!

RPG Real Estate, This is a slice of life comedy, set around four girls in a fanstasy world, they are property sellers by trade, so its a more laid back series!

Also watching:
Shield Hero season 2, it kind of feeling rushed because they want to get into the main story next major arc, the sprit Turtle

Accendance of a Bookworm season 3, I like this series, while fanstasy and slice of life, it tells a good story of a girl who died and got isskaied but all she wants is to read books and she pretty much set about trying to create her own books while a by product is changing the world around her!

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
I've been checking out the Executioner and Her Way of Life. It's a neat take on the thing, and I'll be keeping up with it.

RPG Real Estate. I'll give it one more episode.

Yeah so, you know how a lot of people are like: "Oh god not another isekai?" Or before that it was: "Not another harem show?"

Sorry this is me with the "Cute girls slice of life show where the point is for them to just look cute and have a laid back series"

It's... it's boring. Oh so boring. It's literally the type of show that made me take a break from anime for a while.

But well we know my tastes. As long as other people like it.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It's becoming hard to find a show that isn't some sort of "new" take on a tired formula that's already been done. That said I have dipped into more shows than usual this season.

"RPG Real Estate"- I checked out just to see if it was tame enough to watch with kids or not. Kind of a toss up leaning on mostly safe to me.

"The Rising of the Shield Hero" Season 2 - I loved the first season and plan to follow this one through despite some really odd takes in the first episode of both seasons. I've read up on wikipedia on what comes up somewhat but I haven't read the Manga so I'm not aware of how fast things are supposed to happen.

"Spy X Family" - All in for the hijinks and the adorable gremlin daughter.

"Trapped in a Dating Sim..." - Mainly after coming to adore Next Life as a Villainess I figured I'd give the gender reversed idea a try. Not sure if it'll stick.

"Shikamori is Not Just a Cutie" - I'm torn because this really does sound like it's a straight romcom with the cute and cool girl keeping the adorkable guy from killing himself. I'm almost wanting there to be some sort of Suzumiya twist with her sent back in time to protect him or something. But I don't think that's actually coming.

"Aharen-San wa Hakarenai" - Adorable mini girl that has a hard time being heard..... Ya I kinda feel a kinship in the being heard part at times.

"Love After World Domination" - Romcom about a Red Sentai Ranger and the Evil forces adorable General falling for each other. I'm having fun with the jokes on the Sentai tropes.

"Skeleton Knight in Another World" - What if Ains wasn't trying to act like the Villain? Bit of a Goblin Slayer start in the first episode that might put off some people but from my understanding that's the worst it will get. Funny considering isn't Overlord starting back up in the summer season? Probably the only OP I'm that big a fan of with the Kinda Metal music and the over the top visuals.

"AMAIM Warrior on the Borderline" Not Gundam/Geass series with the chibi Digimon AI's continues... Mainly going through this because it's a Sunrise Mecha series at this point. 1st episode back was a bit of a downer and am kinda curious what bs they are going to throw in to make the main character of any interest.

And then there's still "Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai" - I almost feel the hack benefited them by making this return episode this week really hit with what happens. It was a great episode to come back to and wonder just how much more they can prolong the fight with the big bad at this point.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Oh and hey Netflix dropped all of the second season of Tiger & Bunny. And it's kind of a snore. It's pretty much forcing all the heroes to buddy up like the title duo. And the new heroes aren't very interesting overall. The overarching plot creates a big fight and ties into the whole Oruoboros plot a bit more but the whole season feels like it's spinning wheels even after waiting over a decade between seasons.

And replacing Travis Willingham kinda bugged me for Rock Bison's Voice. Aaron LaPlante was ok but every time he spoke it felt off. I guess they also replaced Dragon Kids old VA but I didn't really notice it.

But going back to season one on Netflix..... They removed all the sponsership logos on the costumes? I get it with deals not lasting long term or not honorable in other markets so I didn't think much of it. Just like taking Pizza Hut out of all of Code Geass for the US releases. But then season 2 comes and they are all logo-ed up again. It's weird.

Xellos

Citizen
I always find it interesting reading people's impressions of anime at the beginning of new seasons, as I read a TON of manga, so I am usually well versed in certain ones (Spy x Family and Skelliton Knight for example). Every now and then there is an anime that comes from a manga I dropped (usually get bored) that ends up great, such as (early) Attack on Titan or the Onipotent Saint one from a season or 2 ago. I will need to eventually try the Bookworm one, as the manga got droll for me, but I hear great things from the anime.

I still have yet to use my free 60 day code for CR, as I was waiting to see how they were handling the dubs, and, boy, do they have a great slate this season. Anything that has been on Funimation will still be brought over, but there are still some great ones that won't, so my friend and I are waiting at least one more week for more stuff to come out, then do the free trial, then the 60 day before having to double the price for the same service....

Top Bottom